Sign in to follow this  
kirku

Club Bans Ukrainian Flag Display

All the more reason to display anything Ukrainian you can get your hands on. Show your support for the Ukrainians and stick one on the premier league for allowing Chinese money to be more important than human life and it’s unjustified killing. Shame on Russia, shame on the Premier league. 

i so hope somebody has the last minute ability to bill print 27000 Ukrainian flags and that people don’t just hold them up before the game but all the way through it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

Display it anyway. They wouldn't dare confiscate it or face national shame

Sorry RTB, I thought your lot called this virtue signalling?

• Thanks 1

The answer is easy - lend Chelsea some yellow socks. And we’ll wear our 3rd kit shorts and socks - yellow and blue all round. Done. 

I dont think the club are stopping anyone taking their own flags/ banners and the like (subject to usual admission restrictions) there is just no official ones, as decided by the EPL. 

9 minutes ago, Badger said:

Sorry RTB, I thought your lot called this virtue signalling?

I don't have a 'lot'. Let's not try to create divisions between us when at this moment we need to stand together against authoritarian dictators.

Just now, Rock The Boat said:

I don't have a 'lot'. Let's not try to create divisions between us when at this moment we need to stand together against authoritarian dictators.

This time I’m literally agreeing with you mate 👍🏻

Remind us again what there fans did to the National Anthem at Wembley a couple of weeks ago (shameful noise) and what they sang about Abramovich over the applause for Ukraine last weekend.    (Scumbags).

Everyone should take yellow and blue in!   

Edited by ged in the onion bag

How about a large banner the length of the Barclay with....

"COVID ORIGINATED FROM A CHINESE WET MARKET? YEAH RIGHT!"

1 hour ago, Making Plans said:

So who was it that provided these then?

whatsapp-image-2022-03-05-at-15-08-08.jpg

It wouldn't take so much to recreate this tonight as it would need to be in the City stand to be seen on TV. Was proud to be part of this at the Brentford game but it didn't make MOTD for obvious reasons.

Edited by nutty nigel

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

It wouldn't take so much to recreate this tonight as it would need to be in the City stand to be seen on TV. Was proud to be part of this at the Brentford game but it didn't make MOTD for obvious reasons.

It was in their round up of the gesture from all the grounds. 

Was on the news too. 

8 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

It was in their round up of the gesture from all the grounds. 

Was on the news too. 

Sadly, we can be sure Sky etc will not be including TV shots  with blue and yellow tonight

Another cosy tie-in of corporate capitalism and despicable authoritarianism

If I were there instead of here in north-west England, I would happily risk being thrown out of the stadium and keep a printout of the Ukrainian flag in my pocket to wave during the course of the game. And if I had a musical instrument, I'd be playing the Ukrainian anthem on it.

28 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Remind us again what there fans did to the National Anthem at Wembley a couple of weeks ago (shameful noise) and what they sang about Abramovich over the applause for Ukraine last weekend.    (Scumbags).

Everyone should take yellow and blue in!   

The booing during the National Anthem was from (some of) the Liverpool fans and is something they always do when they get the chance.  With that, and with a Putin apologist owning Chelsea, I wanted both teams to lose the match!

1 minute ago, Chelm Canary said:

Does anyone else think this is fake news?

Is there an official statement from the club rather than some tinpot fan page?

You're not also working for the Russian Embassy are you?

China enabling Russia on this, a silent partner and backer. Awful. 

2 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

You're not also working for the Russian Embassy are you?

Lol no. I'm fully in support of Ukraine and would be seriously ****ed off with the club if this turns out to be true. 

If I was going to the game tonight I would be taking a flag 100% no matter what anyone says about them being banned. 

I don't do the social media but the club seems to be keeping very quiet about this apparent decision. A glance at the top items on its twitter account didn't show anything.

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Is it?

Well we are unlikely to be in it next season and I would have thought banning a flag is a bit of a cop out. If the EPL threatened us then I'm of the opinion that public and government sympathy and the moral high ground would be ours. Because of the bleddy Chinese!!

42 minutes ago, Son Ova Gunn said:

Unless they are also banning the sale of half and half scarfs I see a potential work around to this 

For goodness sake, don't get the halfie haters going as well... 😱🤣

Apples