Sign in to follow this  
pete

Smith rates our midfield

It was against Brentford. A team, until they played us, that had been in worse form. I admit we should have scored early on and Rashica's miss was one of the worst misses this season. And just maybe we were better in midfield. But that doesn't mean we were good. We haven't been all season. Its been the main problem area. 16 goals means we aren't creating enough chances.

Well he can hardly say, actually they are all crap can he? Ffs, some of the stuff people post on here is ridiculous 🙈🙈

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Well what else is he going to say "my midfield is crap and that is why we can't win any points"

He's got the midfield he was given, not the one he built, he'll be desperate to bring in new midfielders in the summer, in the meantime he's got to try and give the one he has some confidence. 

• Like 1

"WTF have i been left with this heap of crap, thanks Farke and Webber. You best get the credit card out over the summer because this lot wont win you a sunday league fixture"

Hardly motivational is it? 

Although i will add that I am not a fan of Smith as a manager and still feel we need to boot him out as soon as we are mathmatically down.

Edited by Nexus_Canary

Smith says what he thinks people want to hear. Sometimes it works: for example, the 'we go into every game believing we can win it' line got a lot of fans on his side because apparently he is fearless and not at all like that faintheart Farke. Smith is excellent at PR. I'm not sure he's as good at football management, but he's not getting sacked, so I guess we'll find out. 

30 minutes ago, canarybubbles said:

Smith says what he thinks people want to hear. Sometimes it works: for example, the 'we go into every game believing we can win it' line got a lot of fans on his side because apparently he is fearless and not at all like that faintheart Farke. Smith is excellent at PR. I'm not sure he's as good at football management, but he's not getting sacked, so I guess we'll find out. 

So Smith is Trump in disguise? Huh. Then again have you ever seen them in the same room together..

2 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

Exactly.Its just the sort of 'manager speak' that journalists love to hear

3 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

Spot on, reality our midfield has been good in the championship but not good enough to compete at premiership level two times now!

There are some who think we’ll just breeze the championship and top 6, for me it will really depend on who we can get in. We won’t have Buendia, Cantwell or Skipp next year…..