Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Do we think Webber will apologize for this season?

Do we think Webber will apologize for this season?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do we think Webber will apologize for this season?

• Yes
    • No
    • Oooh, a third choice let me click on that

Posted (edited)

So, relegation is all but confirmed after our awful, soul crushing defeat to tiny tinpot Brentford that even Farke was able to beat Brentford. But I suppose a question some seem to have not asked (Mostly due to 'GET OUT OF OUR CLUB NOW WEBBER YOU FRAUD!!!' being the loudest voice in the room) is that will Webber make an apology once we go down?

Do you think he should make one? After all prior to this season he was very voal and loud about how he had learned from the mistakes from our last top flight campaign, how he had improved, how he would never 'throw money up the wall again like others in charge of this club have' (profanity removed) and yet what does he do? 5 million on a backup goalkeeper. Brings in Sargent who one week looks great and the next looks like he's trying to do a bambi on ice impresson. Also goes and splashes a record number on Tzolis only to then see him get thrown to the reservers one week and vanishing the next. Fair credit to him for  bringing in Normann, but yet again it's sadly a case of bringing in a walking wounded player who even prior to us bringing him in was injured and having to take injections.

It was pretty clear to almost everyone that our two best and most important players that got us to the top flight were Buendia and Skipp. Do you think he's replaced them? I think most would say no. So the question of today is simple.Will Webber come out and make a statment? What kind do you think it would be? A full 'I'm sorry but I have failed this club and it's fans and I therefore stand down and resign' or more of a 'I'm staying, I did all I could with our limited budget and yes Mclean and Gilmour are the two greatest midfielders the world has seen and I still standby my signings and choices and I have done nothing wrong'?

What do we think?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

After this season we will give him a 5 year contract , if it was a successful year he would say he was leaving end of season 

5 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

If it was a successful year he would say he was leaving end of season 

This.  His plans have unravelled somewhat.  

And WTF is a sporting director when you work for an entity that’s core function is football?  What an ego. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

He doesn't have to apologise.....we should be thankful for his presence.....

Blimey, should all the players bow before him when he graces them with his presence? How much do we pay each year to keep his red carpet clean?

He thought he’d be at the top table in this country or aboard by now. He’s done some amazing work but does looks limited with his stock dropping daily. 

24 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Blimey, should all the players bow before him when he graces them with his presence? How much do we pay each year to keep his red carpet clean?

He's the second coming......

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

....apparently?.....

Legend      .   🦵 LEG   END.

Edited by Mengo

8 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So, relegation is all but confirmed after our awful, soul crushing defeat to tiny tinpot Brentford that even Farke was able to beat Brentford. But I suppose a question some seem to have not asked (Mostly due to 'GET OUT OF OUR CLUB NOW WEBBER YOU FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' being the loudest voice in the room) is that will Webber make an apology once we go down?

Do you think he should make one? After all prior to this season he was very voal and loud about how he had learned from the mistakes from our last top flight campaign, how he had improved, how he would never 'throw money up the wall again like others in charge of this club have' (profanity removed) and yet what does he do? 5 million on a backup goalkeeper. Brings in Sargent who one week looks great and the next looks like he's trying to do a bambi on ice impresson. Also goes and splashes a record number on Tzolis only to then see him get thrown to the reservers one week and vanishing the next. Fair credit to him for  bringing in Normann, but yet again it's sadly a case of bringing in a walking wounded player who even prior to us bringing him in was injured and having to take injections.

It was pretty clear to almost everyone that our two best and most important players that got us to the top flight were Buendia and Skipp. Do you think he's replaced them? I think most would say no. So the question of today is simple.Will Webber come out and make a statment? What kind do you think it would be? A full 'I'm sorry but I have failed this club and it's fans and I therefore stand down and resign' or more of a 'I'm staying, I did all I could with our limited budget and yes Mclean and Gilmour are the two greatest midfielders the world has seen and I still standby my signings and choices and I have done nothing wrong'?

What do we think?

Yes he should apologise. He lives off the reputation of bringing in Pukki and Buendia. 90% of his acquisitions have been money pissed up the wall. Anybody that bad at their job should be sacked but he is probably a yes man. People at the top in business do love a good yes man.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ridgeman said:

Will he apologise - probably.

Will he mean it - doubtful.

What makes you say that he won't mean it? He seems pretty genuine whenever he speaks and he'll be more annoyed with himself than anyone else.

Yes, the recruitment's been poor but it isn't because he isn't trying/doesn't care. I'd argue it's because he was to focused on the model - buying young, up-and-coming players when we need more established pros.

• Like 1

Cambridge, you don't apologise for every stupid nonsensical thread you post,  so not sure its fair for you to expect Webber to apologise for his mishaps..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry but I think he believes his own hype, so NO he will not appologise as I don't feel he thinks he's done wrong.

Also, I don't think he has the ball s to do it, as it takes a big man to see he's wrong and appologise.

13 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Stuart Webber has done so much for this club off the field with the new upgraded training  facility the envy of many a club. On the field it hasn't been great but, without going over old ground, we cannot financially cope with the other clubs. That is not Webber's fault. I am not going to berate the owners either. Webber is still reasonably young and still perfecting his art. He will come good with the on field part as I am sur he will learn from his mistakes. When we bought Tzolis in, Kabak  and Gilmour on loan etc we were all excited by the prospect. Fact is they were not managed properly especially in the case of Tzolis. Give Smith time and we will be a force again. I am still excited by the thought of Gunn, Mumba, Omabamidele, Tompkinson, Giannoulis, Tzolis, Rashica, Rowe etc etc playing in our first team next season even if it's in the Championship. We have the quality within the club and a few necessary outgoings and experienced incomings will see us promoted again. Let's be positive about the future. 

• Like 1

Maybe the club can support Stu and assist him in acquiring an MBA?.....He would then be an asset for the club before maybe eventually scooting off to Scotland or somewhere else with this new found addition to his qualifications?......We're fortunate Stu turned down a 'massive job' and remained here at Carra.....Our Stu could aspire to be the next.....

Norwich City transfer tales: How City were beaten to David Cotterill by  Wigan Athletic | The Pink Un.....'Oh Yeah'.....

14 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

I keep seeing Neil Adams out the corner of my eye... I May just stick with that thankful stance, no matter how wavering it is.

10 hours ago, hogesar said:

Cambridge, you don't apologise for every stupid nonsensical thread you post,  so not sure its fair for you to expect Webber to apologise for his mishaps..

I don't apologise for my threads as they get lots of attention, countless replies and they stir up quite the buzz, they cause lots of heated and fun arguments and quite frankly it's great fun to be me, kick back with my feet in the air sip some coffee and enjoy the ****show I have made.. I really do have this place on strings and it's so much fun

faceee.jpg

• Like 1