Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Team for Chelsea

Does it matter anymore?

I’d like to see Rowe play, and Sorensen if fit.

Other than that for the first time this season I honestly don’t care personally.

A remodeled midfield without anyone who started yesterday.  Sorensen for definite as DM, Rupp and PLM who impressed in last 20 mins against Saints.  Rowe on right, maybe prefers left assist yesterday on left but shot on target against Lpool on right a definite prospect.  Can use limited PL experience to move forward.

4-4-2:

IT

REALLY   DOESN'T   MATTER   AS   

THEY        ARE          GOING      TO

SPANK         US

OTBC

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Not really bothered in all honesty, only plus is wee Billy can't play. 

Only thing i'd change from that team is i'd try Normann just behind one of Pukki or Sargent.Two things actually. I'd keep Byram at right back. He and Normann look like the only two who really care at the moment.

Not even sure if I'll bother to go tbh, the season's over. Really couldn't give a ****.

All about getting as many different players involved as possible now so Deano can decide who are to be booted out over the summer to generate some transfer funds. Loan players should only be involved if injuries dictate.

The OP's starting line-up is as good as any, and we need to do something with Tzolis even if it's to decide to sell him.

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Not even sure if I'll bother to go tbh, the season's over. Really couldn't give a ****.

All about getting as many different players involved as possible now so Deano can decide who are to be booted out over the summer to generate some transfer funds. Loan players should only be involved if injuries dictate.

The OP's starting line-up is as good as any, and we need to do something with Tzolis even if it's to decide to sell him.

Agree with your comment about the line-up being as good as any, but I fully expect a midfield of McLean/PLM/Normann, Williams instead of Giannoulis, Gibson instead of Zimmermann, Rashica somewhere (deservedly overall, although not from the last two performances), Placheta on the bench and coming on as our saviour when we are 0-2 down, and no place anywhere for Tzolis. Oh, and a bit of fan-pleasing drivel during the presser about how we believe we can win any game.

Oh come on at least let us get over yesterday's shambles before selecting for Chelsea. 🤮

For a laugh though, let's select McLean and Gilmour in a midfield three.  I'm sure that will work.😉

Would give Pukki a rest. Not dropped, just a rest.

Krull, Byrom, Williams, Zimbo, Hanley, Sorensen, Normann, Rupp, Rowe, Rachica, Sargent

Subs: Gunn, Max, Gianoullis, Kabek, PML, Tzolis, Dowell, Mclean, Pukki 

I would be tempted to play the same team again and see if they can redeem themselves with PLM in for Gilmour.

Krul

byram. Hanley. Gibson. Williams

Normann. Sorenson

Rowe.   PLM.  Raschica

Sargent

45 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

I would be tempted to play the same team again and see if they can redeem themselves with PLM in for Gilmour.

Yeah coz McLean has consistently redeemed himself this season after a poor performance/result. 

Krul

Byram   Hanley  Kabak  Williams

Sorensen

PLM       Rupp       Raschica

Sargent        Pukki

With Rowe coming on as early sub to try and claw back the 3 goal deficit 

Krul

Aarons Zimmerman Hanley Byram

Rowe Sorenson McLean Rashica

Sargent Pukki

Notes:

1. All our players

2. Who wouldn't I really want but can't see a better alternative? (Zimmerman, (no longer the quality), Sorenson (over-hyped), McLean (his time here has passed). Sargent (has not enough quality)

Krul

Byram     Hanley     Gibson

Aarons     Sorensen     Normann     PLM/Rupp     Williams

Pukki        Rashica

Sarge, Rowe, McLean off the bench 

14 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

Krul

Byram     Hanley     Gibson

Aarons     Sorensen     Normann     PLM/Rupp     Williams

Pukki        Rashica

Sarge, Rowe, McLean off the bench 

I like the look of that but would be tempted to play Zimbo instead of Gibson

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rottingdean canary said:

I like the look of that but would be tempted to play Zimbo instead of Gibson

Zimbo gives another good option off the bench for me, as would whoever from PLM/Rupp doesn't start. Gibson knows he had a bad day at the office. We all do. Not good for the confidence/morale to get benched straight away; with Byram, Williams and Sorensen around, bit more defensive discipline to support/protect the CBs. 

Before yesterday, Gibson wasn't 'directly' involved or more culpable than others in the amateurish & predictable defending of corners & free-kicks. 6 or 7, even 8 yellow jerseys in or around the box, yet attackers get time & space to control the ball and/or pick their spot. Dangerous players unmarked at the edge of the box picking up easy second balls. 

This group of players have already shown in a number of games earlier this season that they can competently defend these kinds of attacks. Some important goals shipped recently and when you're floundering around the bottom, those first goals can be a killer, that sinking feeling. As we well know, sadly.

• Like 1