TeemuVanBasten

Should Webber Out Chants Start? (Poll)

Should Webber Out Chants Start? (Poll)  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Should Webber Out Chants Start? (Poll)

• Yes
    • No

6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I accepted Corky's offer of a bet, but HertfordYellow wouldn't take no for an answer, nothing wrong with offering a bet, but if somebody clearly just doesn't fancy it or politely declines, you should leave it there. Same with alcohol, cigarettes and lines of coke. Fine to offer, wrong to push. In my opinion. 

‘Wouldn’t take no for an answer’. You are such good value when you get rattled.

12 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Now you are trying to decide who should or should not be posting on a football forum? 

I say all are welcome, the more the merrier, the more diverse the range of people and range of views the better, and this poll is 51% vs 48% right now, very balanced. 

Just a shame there are a few people like you who want to try and dictate what the terms of engagement should be, trying to set your own rules so you can live in a little echo chamber with people that are all identical to you.

I bet you love to pat yourself on the back about how inclusive, diverse and progressive your football club are under Delia's stewardship, whilst failing to consider whether there people you are trying to shame or coerce into placing cash bets are from a different cultural background to you, some of them may be prohibited from gambling for religious purposes, but of course possibilities like that would never cross your closed mind would they. 

I'd like to think that somebody who doesn't like gambling for whatever reason would still be welcome here, in fact it saddens me that there are people like you who feel observant Muslims, Jews and Christians, and gambling addicts in recovery or problem gamblers would have it implied that they aren't welcome by bigots like you! We are all Norwich City fans aren't we? 

So I’m now racist and a bigot. Classic Teemu. Remember when you accused me of child neglect?

Most certainly the recruitment for this season has not delivered anything like that which we hoped for but I can't go along with this business of wanting to join in the blame game.

After all, Webber might be ultimately responsible for the signing of the players but the scouting team were no doubt given a remit as to what positions we needed strengthening and these are the result of their recommendations

22 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

What or who comes in if he goes? Anyone got a clue?

It would be Neil Adams make no mistake about it.

• Like 1

Ironically didn't our Head of Recruitment (Scouting) leave recently to become Sporting Director at some club.

24 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

So I’m now racist and a bigot. Classic Teemu. Remember when you accused me of child neglect?

I remember when I suggested that if your kids were off school with covid it might have been a good idea to not spend 14 hours straight posting on here, but making some sort of effort to spend some time with them.... yes.

Just because after yesterday I am still a little miffed, is it just me or are there others who are little peed off with this bloke TVB taking over a post and having a slanging match with someone about anything but the subject at hand.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

‘Wouldn’t take no for an answer’. You are such good value when you get rattled.

Sounds like you are the one that's rattled.

Now like I said earlier, there is nothing stopping you from betting against yourself on the pledges thread, stop trying to spend other peoples money, there's a good lad.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

3 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

Just because after yesterday I am still a little miffed, is it just me or are there others who are little peed off with this bloke TVB taking over a post and having a slanging match with someone about anything but the subject at hand.

Put me on ignore mate and you wouldn't have seen the thread in the first place, simple solution.

This started because Hertford didn't like the thread, and the same applies to him. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

I think chanting for our Sporting Director to leave during a football match would be a depressing realisation of what football is becoming,  or already is at this level, as well as incredibly cringe.

Which is why I voted 'No' in the poll.

Some people seem to be assuming that because I asked the question I answered in a particular way. 

I wonder why that is.

I can't see the point in forcing Webber out until Delia and husband have abandoned the Nephew Tom dream and put the club up for sale.

8 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Put me on ignore mate and you wouldn't have seen the thread in the first place, simple solution.

This started because Hertford didn't like the thread, and the same applies to him. 

I happen to enjoy reading posters opinions on the subject at hand,it just means I don't generally read your posts

3 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

I happen to enjoy reading posters opinions on the subject at hand,it just means I don't generally read your posts

Good, I'm glad to hear that you enjoy my thread topics.

All the best. 

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I remember when I suggested that if your kids were off school with covid it might have been a good idea to not spend 14 hours straight posting on here, but making some sort of effort to spend some time with them.... yes.

You used the term neglect and you were rightly condemned by other board members for such language. To thine own self be true.

1 hour ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I felt no pressure what so ever, that however does not take away the attempt.

As tvb said any of us could be someone who struggles and who does see that as pressure and could well feel that they've been called out to pledge. 

As it happens I'm not so felt no pressure, but also I have my own personal issues at the minute which dictates that my money is best served at home right now 👍

I respect your position but still maintain offering a pledge to a charity without any further pressure isn’t such a crime. Charities contact people all the time about potential help, do you feel this should stop?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yep, its so out of order and completely out of touch with what is going on in the world right now, needs to check his privilege.

Remember when you posted a map of Hertford to Watford, questioned why I didn’t go and said I wasn’t a real fan? Did you ask if I could afford an away day? Did you ask if I had an illness which meant I am bed ridden? Did you ask if I have mental health issues that stop me leaving the house? Or if I have been self isolating for two years because of an immunity deficiency?

No you didn’t. This is why your new position as moral defender is so transparent.

• Like 1

There were a few 'fcuk off Webber' shouts in the Upper Barclay. 

I think he will leave at the end of the season anyway and take time out from football to pursue this Mt Everest thing.

Probably best for all concerned tbh, it's very wrong if he can't assemble a squad that can avoid defeat at home to a dreadful Brentford side.

8 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

I respect your position but still maintain offering a pledge to a charity without any further pressure isn’t such a crime. Charities contact people all the time about potential help, do you feel this should stop?

Actually I've always thought it's not needed, I think people will donate to charity if they feel the need to without being sought after by said charities.

Ive only ever donated to macmillan and didnt need them to come to me to donate, But I guess it's swings and roundabouts.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

Remember when you posted a map of Hertford to Watford, questioned why I didn’t go and said I wasn’t a real fan? Did you ask if I could afford an away day? Did you ask if I had an illness which meant I am bed ridden? Did you ask if I have mental health issues that stop me leaving the house? Or if I have been self isolating for two years because of an immunity deficiency?

No you didn’t. This is why your new position as moral defender is so transparent.

It is definitely you that's rattled.

The happy clappers will keep clapping whatever- other club fans would had shouted and protested long before , the happy clappers are the problem within the  this club, 

ths comment maybe unpopular with many buts its a fact

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

You used the term neglect and you were rightly condemned by other board members for such language. To thine own self be true.

I've just searched the word 'neglect', and filtered by user TeemVanBasten, and the only time I've ever used that word is on this occasion...

On 25/06/2020 at 12:45, TeemuVanBasten said:

There is nothing more to "the project" other than refunding an academy which had to recover from a decade of neglect from the late 90's to the point where McNally took over. We had a very good academy before Delia closed the satellite's. 

I think somebody may be fibbing. Feel free to replicate this search if you don't believe me.

And on that note, I've got no interest in continuing this discussion, you are literally making things up now (and not for the first time).

EDIT: Yep, definitely lying, here was my exact post: 

On 22/01/2022 at 00:04, TeemuVanBasten said:

I know that if your school age child is stuck at home you should probably have spent some time with her today rather than wasting it all arguing about Alex Tettey on a football forum. 

And nobody at all called it out apart from you.

You are literally completely void of integrity as a person aren't you? Do you lie to your wife and friends like this? 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

I think he will leave at the end of the season anyway and take time out from football to pursue this Mt Everest thing.

Probably best for all concerned tbh, it's very wrong if he can't assemble a squad that can avoid defeat at home to a dreadful Brentford side.

You are probably right about Webber leaving at the end of the season.He is well aware of the ill feeling amongst the supporters regarding the recruitment.

I can't agree that Brentford are dreadful.They have some  players that I think have quality in Ajar (someone we wanted),Jansson (very commanding but a cheating cynical player),Canos (who we should never have let go),Henry ( a very good,fast left back),Eriksen (the type of player that we are crying out for) and a front two of Mbueno and Toney. Whats not to like.

But and its a big but,they have just been on a 8 game losing streak.

23 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Though he could argue he assembled a squad that could beat them away from home...

Take a step back and compare the club before and after his arrival not only on recent results. Feel free to add to the list...

+

Huge infrastructure spending. Training ground, soccerbot, academy, stadium, footballing staff.

Exciting young players on long term contracts.

Reputation as a place for young footballers to develop.

Pathway between academy and first team.

Elite Championship squad.

Exciting forward thinking manager with track record of success.

Financial situation better regardless of divison. 

Cemented reputation of a club trying to operate sustainably.

Womens team absorbed.

Succession planning.

Regular large profits from player trading.

-

Not quite a prem squad.

Currently a proportion of fan base disgrunted.

• Like 5

Webber still has a fair bit of credit in the bank and deserves a chance to get this summer's transfer dealings right. What I suspect is needed is fresh blood in the boardroom to ensure there is sufficient oversight by the directors of the executives below them.

• Like 2

Webber is not the problem so be very careful what you wish for.  It is the Stowmarket two.  
No sporting director and manager could succeed at this level under these two.
Webber has been operating with his hands tied. We missed out on several of our targets in the summer due to having such miniscule budget and wages structure, yet somehow that's still his fault. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Webber still has a fair bit of credit in the bank and deserves a chance to get this summer's transfer dealings right. What I suspect is needed is fresh blood in the boardroom to ensure there is sufficient oversight by the directors of the executives below them.

Would this fresh blood you speak of be an addition to the current board or bring about the demise of Foulger, Philips or Tom Smith ?

22 minutes ago, Decemberists said:

Take a step back and compare the club before and after his arrival not only on recent results. Feel free to add to the list...

+

Huge infrastructure spending. Training ground, soccerbot, academy, stadium, footballing staff.

Exciting young players on long term contracts.

Reputation as a place for young footballers to develop.

Pathway between academy and first team.

Elite Championship squad.

Exciting forward thinking manager with track record of success.

Financial situation better regardless of divison. 

Cemented reputation of a club trying to operate sustainably.

Womens team absorbed.

Succession planning.

Regular large profits from player trading.

-

Not quite a prem squad.

Currently a proportion of fan base disgrunted.

Think there’s a few more negatives but broadly agree with your point.