The Real Buh

F&£k this league, can’t wait to be relegated.

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Utterly spineless performance.

Only one team wanted it today.

Can't blame VAR for that shambles.

I don’t. We were awful

also, f@£k VAR

Chris Goreham got it right. 

The only people who don't know what's happening with VAR are the supporters actually in the ground and that is hugely frustrating. 

Personally, I think human error is part of the game and I would rather the ref made the contentious decisions than someone miles away looking at screens. 

I'll take the mistakes for a bit of spontaneity back in the game. 

But the genie is out of the bottle. 

I agree with Buh. VAR ruins football. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Well I don't care whether it was right or wrong. I didn't see any replays. I just sat there while it was all played out elsewhere. It's pointless. Did you honesty sit there knowing the penalties and offside were right? Where is your seat? 

He wasn't at the game. Which is totally fair, but explains why he had no problem with VAR.

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Well I don't care whether it was right or wrong. I didn't see any replays. I just sat there while it was all played out elsewhere. It's pointless. Did you honesty sit there knowing the penalties and offside were right? Where is your seat? 

Right or wrong is neither here nor there. It absolutely ruins the joy of football, and I mean that from either perspective. It nullifies the crowd completely. The joy of a goal as the ball hits the net is gone. The vitriol that builds as continued perceived injustices mount against you. It’s utterly **** and even when it DOES go your way, it’s not the same, you just end up mocking the opposition fans because Of something you have no idea about, haven’t seen and won’t see until Match of the Day. Football support is about the moment, the collective intake of breath as the chance manifests and then the explosion of emotion as the ball hits the net. That’s been destroyed. We’ve, again, made the beautiful game worse. And - again - it’s all for the benefit of those sat at home rather than those freezing their nuts off in the ground. Boo. VAR OUT. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Btw VAR is great if you watching on a tent in the middle of the African savannah but everyone at Carrow road f@£&inf hates it

the exodus after our refused decision was huge. People are voting with their feet.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, All the Germans said:

VAR did nothing wrong today. Everything was correct. I don't get the hate (based upon today)?

If we were top of the league nobody would be bothered about VAR or other clubs owners , truth is they don’t like this league because we just cannot compete and that’s down to the owners . 

• Like 1

I’ve slept on it and have zero regrets walking out after that VAR decision

we aren’t watching football. We are watching the shambling corpse of football. Corrupted by outside interests. It’s horrendous.

• Like 2

The fact is this team is not good enough for Premiership football,

we should have at least spent money in January on a striker 

Think the feeling on the terraces has reflected to the team and vice versa

• Like 3

The theory of VAR is spot on, it just needs a complete overhaul. The problem with it is that (for whatever reason 🤨) very poor decisions are still being made- witness Cardiff at Liverpool in the Cup, where they were denied both a penalty and a Liverpool sending off that would certainly have been given to the home team and the cheat Ronaldo’s penalty at CR, where similar incidents since have gone unpunished.Surely the technology must be there for an impartial operator to be shown ‘neutralised’ footage with colours changed / nullified, in isolation from the full game coverage? Then any decision should be made within 20/30 seconds of the referral, with ‘clear and obvious’ error of an on-pitch decision being the brief. No time for drawing of lines, or multiple micro-second ‘roll backs or forwards’ to prove one way or another. Or even 3 VAR operators that have to reach a unanimous or majority decision, again within the time limit. Football needs to be instantaneous, having 2/3 minute+ interludes during which nobody on the pitch or in the crowd knows what is going on is a complete nonsense. The issue is that Sky and the like love the drama of VAR, it’s good telly in their eyes and that may be the issue with it being binned.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, daly said:

The fact is this team is not good enough for Premiership football,

we should have at least spent money in January on a striker 

Think the feeling on the terraces has reflected to the team and vice versa

Correction, "this club."

Blame the players, blame Stuart Webber, blame VAR or indeed the whole evolvement of the game in the modern world of television, internet, oligarchs or whatever but the fact that this club cannot compete, cannot even trouble seventeenth place in the Premier League (with one brief exception) despite five promotions since Worthy and has become somewhat of an embarrassment is because we are 'Little old Norwich."

A phrase which amply sums up the mentality, the ambition, the ideology, the risk aversion and the financial clout of the 'Queen of Norwich City.'

Long may she reign.

Edited by BroadstairsR

33 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

I’ve slept on it and have zero regrets walking out after that VAR decision

we aren’t watching football. We are watching the shambling corpse of football. Corrupted by outside interests. It’s horrendous.

Yep. I know I'm repeating myself, but the second we scored,  instead of celebrating I turned to my mate and said "Watch them spend hours finding a reason not to give this". His response? A naive "No way they'd do that after barely acknowledging our pen appeal and then giving one to them a minute later for clearing the ball with a high foot".

5 minutes of VAR-ing and we were done for the day.

For context, I didnt even leave early when we lost 7-1 to Colchester. 

24 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yep. I know I'm repeating myself, but the second we scored,  instead of celebrating I turned to my mate and said "Watch them spend hours finding a reason not to give this". His response? A naive "No way they'd do that after barely acknowledging our pen appeal and then giving one to them a minute later for clearing the ball with a high foot".

5 minutes of VAR-ing and we were done for the day.

For context, I didnt even leave early when we lost 7-1 to Colchester. 

I get the feeling but in my opinion, the decision to rule the goal out was correct, all of the penalty decisions were correct (for and against). I realise it's frustrating in the stadium, not knowing what is happening and why decisions are made but I have no complaints at the decisions.

(I left at 6-1!)

11 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

I get the feeling but in my opinion, the decision to rule the goal out was correct, all of the penalty decisions were correct (for and against). I realise it's frustrating in the stadium, not knowing what is happening and why decisions are made but I have no complaints at the decisions.

(I left at 6-1!)

For me, ruling the goal out was incredibly borderline - one of the decisions they said VAR wouldn't interact with this season. 

Our penalty shout, had it been given by the on-field ref, wouldn't have been overturned by var, much like the one given against Gibson on Toney.

But as you acknowledge,  thats not really the problem. Its unfortunate but you could argue as you say every decision could be seen as correct. The problem is it completely ruins the sport for those in the ground.

I agree VAR is useless and spoils the game for peope in the stadium but when have the Premier League given a fxxk about people that actual go to games.

Also, our so called policy of getting stronger every season has been shown to be utterly false. You do not lose your best two player and fail to replace them and get stronger. No one sells their talisman when promoted. Stupid in the extreme.

Personally I would like our owners to fire Webber now and start looking for someone who can rebuild this team as it's in a right mess at the moment. 

When Brentford were struggling they added Eriksen, they took a chance...us when we lost one of an already pitiful strike force... Nothing!

I'd like new owners with fresh ideas too but understand that won't happen as it's their hobby and plaything.

Done.

Edited by Kenny Foggo

The experience of the fans that attend games (remember they referred to us as “legacy fans”) is totally blighted. 

This thread isn’t a discussion of how badly we’ve cocked your this season or how whether the VAR decisions were right or not. It doesn’t matter if they were right or not, it’s the very concept of it ruining the game that is fundamental to THOUSANDS walking out of Carrow road yesterday.

It’s that VAR has twisted what used to be football into a total farce. It’s not football, it’s a total joke and if you support it I hope the ar4e grove you’ve made in the sofa is comfy.

Edited by The Real Buh

22 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Personally I would like our owners to fire Webber now and start looking for someone who can rebuild this team as it's in a right mess at the moment. 

Whether Webber is pushed or he jumps his replacement is nailed on to be Neil Adams.

17 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Whether Webber is pushed or he jumps his replacement is nailed on to be Neil Adams.

I'd be tempted to get shot of the role fullstop. Just feels it's 2 people doing the job of one.

If Adams has had input into this season's shambles signings then it doesn't bode well.

37 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

God help us

1 hour ago, The Real Buh said:

The experience of the fans that attend games (remember they referred to us as “legacy fans”) is totally blighted. 

This thread isn’t a discussion of how badly we’ve cocked your this season or how whether the VAR decisions were right or not. It doesn’t matter if they were right or not, it’s the very concept of it ruining the game that is fundamental to THOUSANDS walking out of Carrow road yesterday.

It’s that VAR has twisted what used to be football into a total farce. It’s not football, it’s a total joke and if you support it I hope the ar4e grove you’ve made in the sofa is comfy.

100% designed for those that have never been to a ground or if they do they buy half and half scarves. VAR has ruined football absolutely.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

100% designed for those that have never been to a ground or if they do they buy half and half scarves. VAR has ruined football absolutely.

Thank the Lord for that! I.was worried you thought it was Webber and Adams fault.

What amazes me is VAR apologists excuse it from their sofas regardless. 

I went to Southampton and we were blown away by a side in second gear. Yesterday to sides out of form, with v poor ref and VAR it would of been a close game. I felt even a win wasn’t going to help as our fate was sealed in Hampshire. The day was summed up for me when it was 4-0 to the Bees, and as the game went on with a mid field tussle, the scored changed to 3-0, and the screen flashed up a decision. I was wondering if we might get a penalty for the shove on Williams- maybe it could be taken after the final whistle?