Rhino1

When will we learn? Gilmour & McLean not up to it!!!

Gilmour & McClean been dreadful all season, yet still make starting line up. Simply not up to this level!! Belief now gone, of course disappointed, angry that these two wasters continue to be selected, mythed with the teams attitude. Yet switch on the news just for 10 minutes, see the bravery and the Ukraines attitude, the dire situation for the public ; how can we moan about relegation, not even in same league. Anger for city, but Vauxhall conference anger, compared to that of anger towards that paranoid Pillac in the East! Perspective all !!! 

• Like 2

It’s unfortunate that McLean is so popular by managers and lots of supporters alike,  he’s pretty much first name on that team sheet yet rarely has he a run of decent games. Gilmour has hampered our development of Sorensen as had he had as much game time he’d definitely made more impact to games.

I get that McLean can be useful in a certain combination / situation. He's athletic, energetic, decent in the air and competitive. With the right partner, he could be OK. Gilmour is the biggest example of Emperors new clothes I've ever seen. I have seen zero reason why he gets a lot of hype.

• Like 4

Nobody in the entire squad is good enough at this level .Everything comes down to having owners who have no money , they leave and things may get better they stay and League 1 will be beckoning before long .

Watching him today it's almost as if he's now trying too hard. His ability to run to within two yards of a cb to take the ball, give it back to said cb who is then under pressure as BG is on top of him and has  nowhere else to play the ball is incredible. Normann gave the ball away a lot today but at least when he shows he's a good few yards from the cb. 

• Like 1

Two managers are getting it wrong with Kenny McLean. He had one good game against Wolves and that’s his lot for this season. He is slow, not very hardworking and can not shoot! 

Gilmour is petrified and not good enough. He’s ok though, he will have 50m players around him at Chelsea and thankfully we won’t see him in our shirt again!

You would be hard-pressed to name a weaker, non-scoring midfield, that has ever started a PL match.

1 minute ago, unique said:

You would be hard-pressed to name a weaker, non-scoring midfield, that has ever started a PL match.

Remember when Leicester had an attack of Trevor Benjamin and Ade Akinbiyi? We've been fielding the midfield equivalent. 

Can we please try Sörensen, Rupp and PLM together? Pretty please???

• Like 5

McLean has “pity transfer to Rangers” written all over him 

Gilmour will never do anything in senior football. He’s an emaciated, crap, Scottish d1ck and I’ll be the first to start the “f@&k off back to Chelsea”

• Like 1

I don't think I've ever disliked the sight of a human being lining up in a Norwich shirt quite as much as wee Billy Krankie. 

At least Farke got that situation right, sadly Smith is clueless in this. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

McLean has “pity transfer to Rangers” written all over him 

Gilmour will never do anything in senior football. He’s an emaciated, crap, Scottish d1ck and I’ll be the first to start the “f@&k off back to Chelsea”

Rangers? Far too big for him, East Fife is more his level

6 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Can we please try Sörensen, Rupp and PLM together? Pretty please???

I'm yearning for Rupp....... Cheers Webber 🙄😁

2 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

I'm yearning for Rupp....... Cheers Webber 🙄😁

I've always been one of his bigger defenders on here. He was poor early on, but a year of hardly playing, chucked into a very struggling team and playing out of position was a hard place to be!

Remind me of a match that McLean bossed a game? No, okay, remind me of a match when McLean played really well? Still struggling?

Ditto Gilmour.

This is the problem.

Sorensen for example, you can name games this season that you can say he played really well and had a positive impact on the game and yet he’s hardly played. 

Neither Gilmour or McLean score goals/enough goals, create enough goals, are mobile, can tackle and what I would call have a footballing brain.

I’ve said it over and over, McLean is not good enough for our team in The Championship let alone the PL.

Gilmour is not our player and as it seems like we’re going to go down we need to play Sorensen or Rupp (one of our players) to prepare for next season.

14 hours ago, shaunieboy77 said:

Fotheringham and Brellier offered more presence in midfield.

Brellier quotes as ‘le judge’ 😂😂😂😂

Well at least Billy can't play on Thursday but if Rupp is unavailable, McLean will be the first name on the teamsheet.

It is an exceedingly baffling situation.

Gilmour has had zero (0) games this season where he's even vaguely started to show he's good enough. I jokingly said when he came fit again that we would go back to getting rolled over, but we have.

Now, obviously it isn't just him. Every player possibly bar Rashica can have a finger pointed at them recently. But when the majority of the midfield wasn't McLean and especially Gilmour we looked at least competitive.

I completely agree that Gilmour is not up to it - in a squad like ours at any rate.  Also agree that McLean isn’t good enough, although he at least gives it his all.

And agree, my heart sank when I read the starting line up yesterday.  

But despite everyone’s complaints (mine included), we’re short on alternatives.

The last time we looked decent in midfield, was the first 20 mins of the Watford game, with Sorensen (who I really rate) and PLM (who I’m not convinced about) in the middle and Sargent and Rashica out wide . Then Sorensen got injured after 20 mins, McLean came on and it went to pot and we got overrun in midfield for the rest of the first half.

Since then Idah’s been out (forcing change of formation).  Sorensen’s been out. Rupp’s injured (again).  And Normann’s a shadow of the player he was pre-injury.

So agree, yesterday’s starting line was frustrating. Would have preferred to see Sorensen and PLM in for Gilmour (who I don’t want to see play again) and McLean… but also recognise Smith isn't overloaded with options. 

The problem is our sales and recruitment strategy. Sold our best player and reinvested very poorly. 

Individually and collectively  most of the current squad are not good enough for the premier league.We get the occasional win when we play at our best and the opposition have an off day.This squad have to be one of the weakest I have seen in my 60+years of going to Carrow Road I’m afraid football has moved on City have not but I will be there again next season whatever the division.

1 minute ago, clever trevor said:

This squad have to be one of the weakest I have seen in my 60+years of going to Carrow Road I’m afraid football has moved on City have not but I will be there again next season whatever the division.

If you've been going for over 60 years, you may well have forgotten some of the squads we had in the early and late 00s.