OnDaBall

Daniel Farke anyone?

So obviously relegation is pretty much nailed on now, so we need an expert in charge to guide us back up next season.

I hear there's a coach who's an expert at getting teams promoted that's unexpectedly available.

Daniel Farke anyone?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Does it matter? With our current recruitment "strategy", even Pep would struggle.

We sell our best players even when getting promoted. I dread to think who will be rolling out for us next season. 

44 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Only if we sack Webber first.

Neil Adams with Daniel Farke anybody?

I'd have it in a heartbeat.

Genuinely. 

• Like 1

The football we played under Farke was more enjoyable and structured- in fairness the results werent any better though. 

I think Smith will do okay but his Villa Squad was stronger than we have currently got.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

Only if we sacked him the second promotion was confirmed.

Under this ownership model it seems to make no difference who the manager is at PL level

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, king canary said:

Only if we sacked him the second promotion was confirmed.

Or we give him a chance backed up with recruitment that isn't totally ****ing dreadful?

• Like 4

Farke did at least realise Gilmour is completely pointless in our team. And id argue that was in a style which suited Billy more than a DS side.

• Like 2

We would’ve got relegated with Farke anyway. The reason we looked good last season is because of Skipp and Buendia. Two vital cogs that have not been replaced in any shape or form.

• Like 2

A yes from me. Webber has not only screwed up this season with his recruitment, but screwed up next season by lumping us with Smith.

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Only if we sack Webber first.

Neil Adams with Daniel Farke anybody?

I'd happily go along with that but I can't imagine Farke wanting to come back after his treatment earlier this season.

And the old cliche about 'never going back for a second stint' usually turns out to be very good advice.

I'd love it but it won't happen. What I will say is that Smith in theory should get sacked tonight. Webber sacked Farke (months after giving him a new contract) as he couldn't get a tune out of the 'tanks and grenades' etc that he'd given him for the PL season. Well that now applies to Smith too and he definitely has less goodwill in the bank than DF had.

Either Smith goes or Webber needs to acknowledge he has sacked one of our best ever managers to cover his own shortcomings up. 

FWIW I wouldn't sack Smith, but I wouldn't have sacked Farke either.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Farke did at least realise Gilmour is completely pointless in our team. And id argue that was in a style which suited Billy more than a DS side.

Farke was responsible for recruiting Gilmour was he not??

1 minute ago, yellowrider120 said:

Even if he was 100% a Farke signing he saw the light and didtched him after 4 games.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

All day long yes. Smith and Shakey are fcuking useless.

Webber can fcuk off as well.

Is this serious?? Wow.

• Like 1

Just now, Fiery Zac said:

Is this serious?? Wow.

Yes.

Not the only one thinking this right now,

Teams selection awful, why would you pick Gilmour? Squad, simply appalling, nowhere near good enough for Premier League.

13 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

I haven't read that Farke requested Gilmour. Have you read this anywhere? 

1 minute ago, canarybubbles said:

I haven't read that Farke requested Gilmour. Have you read this anywhere? 

Farke signed off all signings. There is no chance we signed Gilmour (or anyone else) if Farke didn't want them. Webber always said .........'the manager makes the final decision'

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Yes.

Not the only one thinking this right now,

Teams selection awful, why would you pick Gilmour? Squad, simply appalling, nowhere near good enough for Premier League.

Not only bad team selections, but a complete lack of any sense of overall structure in our play since Idah got injured and hoofball became impossible. With Farke you could always see what he was trying to do and the style he was trying to inculcate into his players, at least until he tried to change tack at the start of this season.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Farke signed off all signings. There is no chance we signed Gilmour (or anyone else) if Farke didn't want them. Webber always said .........'the manager makes the final decision'

Having some kind of veto is not the same as actively requesting a specific player.

Plus, if I wanted to be cynical, I might say that Webber's comment is a very effective way of passing on the blame if it all goes wrong. 

• Like 1

Got shot down a few times when I posted that sacking Farke was wrong in my humble opinion👍 And although any manager we have would struggle without major investment Farke would've have come good given that backing and patience from us! And we had a manager who had an identity, playing style and it was, a majority of the time, a pleasing watch. Trouble is nowadays everything had to be now now now!!! We as a club can't do that at the moment. And now the honeymoon period is over Smith has proved that the manager isn't the problem because he's done worse than Farke. Would Farke have built on that win at Brentford???...Who knows but I'd have liked to have found out.

Edited by tea total
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, tea total said:

Got shot down a few times when I posted that sacking Farke was wrong in my humble opinion👍 And although any manager we have would struggle without major investment Farke would've have come good given that backing and patience from us! And we had a manager who had an identity, playing style and it was, a majority of the time, a pleasing watch. Trouble is nowadays everything had to be now now now!!! We as a club can't do that at the moment. And now the honeymoon period is over Smith has proved that the manager isn't the problem because he's done worse than Farke. Would Farke have built on that win at Brentford???...Who knows but I'd have liked to have found out.

Spot on.