Sign in to follow this  
Canary Jedi

Won the second half

Shame we lost, didn’t disgrace ourselves, with some more composure might have scored more. 

That’s the thing, when the pressure is on against a top team like Liverpool there are too many mistakes. But I can’t fault the effort. 

I hope they come away with belief after a much better 2nd half and carry into the Brentford game 👍

• Like 1

Can't disagree with that, if we can play like that last 20 for 90 minutes we'd be okay this season. Sadly we can't, so we won't be.

Was really struck by the importance of confidence. I thought we were ok for the first half hour. Got pretty close to them, snapped around, created a couple of chances. But it's so much harder to take the chance when you know it's the only one you're going to have. Pukkin would have got that on target in the Championship.

Then when the first goal went in, our heads dropped, the pressing disappeared and we just seemed to lie back and wait for the inevitable.

It only really dawned on us towards the end that Liverpool were coasting and we could actually make life difficult for them. 

I'm not for a moment suggesting we're a good side. But we're better than we currently look. Getting beaten most weeks just really takes it out of you.

First half hour was fine. Once we conceded heads dropped, hardly surprising. Fresh legs and energy helped, Rowe, Sargent, Mclean and Dowell all showed fresh energy and the goal restored some confidence.

Shouldn't have done us much harm in the lead up to Brentford.

• Like 1

That means the last 4 times we have played at Anfield, we have kept them out (well, a bit more  than that at times) for a large chunk of playing time in each game (50-65 mins approx), which is something to take positives from.

Edited by Crabbycanary3

I would like to think that performance gives Smith something to think about selection wise for Saturday. Normann and Pukki were very poor, apart the latter's lovely pass to Sargent early 2nd half. Normann is really off the pace since his injury.

We have to be better in both penalty areas and need quality in midfield to stand any chance of beating Brentford.

Arguably Smith's most important team selection coming up.

I thought row looked really good ,give him a run out on saturday.

Edited by Canarybee