cambridgeshire canary

**The lappinitup up for the cup official match thread**

Very impressed by Rowe, considering he was yet to make a first team appearance for us until this season 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

We got relegated in the summer. We needed everything to go right to have a chance and in hindsight it’s fair to say it didn’t.

Don't be silly, we were relegated Dec 2020... not sure why, but I wanted to get in on the "we got relegated back in..." discussion for all of it's fun and woeful inaccuracies.

If you think we were relegated at some point between August and December last year, that in it's self is sadly pathetic. 

7 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

He needs to be starting on Saturday.

100%.

However, I suspect we will see the usual suspects.

18 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

The majority shareholding duo's and NCFC Board's official self appointed 'Lord Haw Haw'....

He came to a sticky end. 

"A speculative effort from Rupp."

Matterface seems genuinely aggrieved that we made a game of it at the end there.

Was like watching the US coverage of the Olympics. Laughably one-eyed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good for 10 mins against a disjointed Liverpool.

All comes down to Brentford now to save anything from this dreadful season.

Just now, Robert N. LiM said:

Matterface seems genuinely aggrieved that we made a game of it at the end there.

"Norwich are already down".  **** commentary from a **** commentator.  Please prove him wrong City.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

He was a condescending tw4t all game

• Like 1

A couple of things in this game that have been interesting, to me at least.

Zimmermann - despite some of the negative comments he often gets from some on here, I haven't really seen a huge difference in quality between him and Gibson. If anything the ITV pundits appear to be praising his distribution more. 2nd goal probably harsh to blame entirely upon him. IMHO, certainly still decent, also didn't seem too sluggish today which can only be good. A tip top Zimmermann is a good player.

That midfield was far more solid. Rupp, PLM and Normann has to be the way forward now. Lots of hard work and endeavour with a good range of passing at times, along with all three being happy to shoot from distance if need be.

Sargent looked confident in the forward role, some nice touches and a neat little pass to Rupp for his goal, though Rupp truly made it with a little drop of the shoulder.

Well we have a few moments there and avoided humiliation but really that was just pathetically easy for Liverpool in the most part. Same old issues. No physicality in midfield. Opposition players allowed to run long distances with the ball far too easily, crap marking from crosses/set pieces.

1 minute ago, chicken said:

Zimmermann - despite some of the negative comments he often gets from some on here, I haven't really seen a huge difference in quality between him and Gibson. If anything the ITV pundits appear to be praising his distribution more. 2nd goal probably harsh to blame entirely upon him. IMHO, certainly still decent, also didn't seem too sluggish today which can only be good. A tip top Zimmermann is a good player.

That midfield was far more solid. Rupp, PLM and Normann has to be the way forward now. Lots of hard work and endeavour with a good range of passing at times, along with all three being happy to shoot from distance if need be.

Sargent looked confident in the forward role, some nice touches and a neat little pass to Rupp for his goal, though Rupp truly made it with a little drop of the shoulder.

Said it all that the midfield fell apart and the ball kept getting passed out and mispassed when we brought on Gilmour and Mclean..

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Can they be any condescending? They’d have been in full arousal if it been a Liverpool goal.

• Like 1

Just now, shefcanary said:

"Norwich are already down".  **** commentary from a **** commentator.  Please prove him wrong City.

He's the guy who failed to notice Denmark were down to ten men in the Euro semi final, wasn't he. Absolutely useless.

Whole of ITV's coverage was cringeworthy. I know the majority of people watching will have been Liverpool fans, but it was like watching LFCTV. Just embarrassing. A shame we couldn't rub their noses in it.

• Like 1

Pukki is way off the pace at the moment.

Rupp is a significant upgrade on McLean.

Giannoulis is unfortunate not to get more game time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chicken said:

That midfield is not good enough. Agree that Rupp adds something but it’s still not good enough. Sorensen should be playing. 

Started well, Pukki missed his customary chance, we then give them two goals with abject defending, unsurprisingly both coming from the player Giannoulis is "marking". The second goal was a bit lucky as he completely mi**** it but he had enough time to score three goals.

Second half was OK only because Liverpool gave up and we didn't care enough. Sargent back to his old self. Rowe was bright(ish). Rupp and Byram both solid and hopefully will both start on Saturday. Zimbo surprisingly good alongside Gibson apart from the first goal. Gilmour anonymous (again).

Pukki needs to score his chance on Saturday because unless we score first we will lose.

1 minute ago, chicken said:

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Said it all that the midfield fell apart and the ball kept getting passed out and mispassed when we brought on Gilmour and Mclean..

The midfield was awful first half. Hardly had the ball and we were constantly played through. It was after the subs that we started getting forward and creating more.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Very easy criticism when players are brought on with around a quarter of it left and the team they are coming on for are under the cosh.

I'm not suggesting I don't agree that the three I mentioned deserve their chance together, I just don't think it's fair to base that entirely upon their run out at the end of the game tonight.

Just now, East Rider said:

He was a condescending tw4t all game

Just incredibly lazy. One of those commentators who has such on overly inflated opinion of his own abilities, that he can rock up and talk the usual truisms, share some hilarious witticisms with a top ex-pro, and rely on stats flashed up at him from a monitor somewhere.

4 minutes ago, chicken said:

Don't be silly, we were relegated Dec 2020... not sure why, but I wanted to get in on the "we got relegated back in..." discussion for all of it's fun and woeful inaccuracies.

If you think we were relegated at some point between August and December last year, that in it's self is sadly pathetic. 

Pathetic? Why don’t you be more of a condescending ****, I’m sure you’ve got it in you. 

I said in hindsight and it’s my opinion. You can point to any number of errors now made over the summer, even though we were told we came back stronger and with a gun, that’s proven to be decisively not the case. I don’t really care mathematically when we get relegated, because my point is IMO the root cause was decisions made before we kicked a ball.