cambridgeshire canary

**The lappinitup up for the cup official match thread**

I thought we did ok for half an hour, but it was telling how quickly heads dropped after the first goal. Lots of defeats really take their toll.

Agree that Teemu looks really sluggish. Need to get him off on the hour at the latest. Would like to see Tzolis too. Do we get to use five subs in this competition?

3 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Pukki is dreadful. Lost the ball every time its played to him

Yeah he's looked poor for a few games now

1 minute ago, Fuzzar said:

Well we looked semi-competitive for a few minutes there, then crumpled like a cheap suit. 

Same old same old. How many times have we seen this this season? Look good only for the oppisition to score and the we fall apart

Some ok moments but generally f**king embarrassing against a Liverpool reserve team who still look physically superior to us as every side does. Why is Sorensen not playing abd what is this ridiculous approach at set pieces in the last few games where we leave everyone unmarked beyond the penalty area and free to pick up the second ball.

A complete waste of everyone’s time tonight. Fed up with it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

It's joyless watching a team completely out of its depth like this and difficult to see how it changes in future attempts in the top flight with all things considered.

Did you see Delia’s comments on one show how it’s good to be crap as you enjoy the highs more? If only there were a solution Delia…

• Like 1

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

It's men against boys again; second best all over the pitch. Difficult to watch at times.

Look's like we win the  F*ck All cup again this year.

My only hope for the 2nd half is that Lee Dixon has a coughing fit and vomits all over himself.

OTBC

Dixon is a complete ****. I don’t know why some channels insist on having a miserable co-commentators who sound like getting paid to talk about football is some kind of punishment. He has been biased and insulting, hope I never have to listen to him again.

• Like 1

Just now, Jim Smith said:

what is this ridiculous approach at set pieces in the last few games where we leave everyone unmarked beyond the penalty area and free to pick up the second ball

That is so weird. Obviously it was a great hit from Minamino but he had so much time and space

Pukki looks so off the pace and he’s our only recognised striker, I think it’s time to admit this season is over.

This is beyond embarrassing. We look absolutely hopeless, I've never seen us assemble a worse top flight side, and I was saying the same 2 seasons ago, but this side is so much worse. Pathetic.

Just now, Jim Smith said:

Some ok moments but generally f**king embarrassing against a Liverpool reserve team who still look physically superior to us as every side does. Why is Sorensen not playing abd what is this ridiculous approach at set pieces in the last few games where we leave everyone unmarked beyond the penalty area and free to pick up the second ball.

A complete waste of everyone’s time tonight. Fed up with it. 

Yes. This new tactic isn't working. I could control a header out if I had all the time in the world to control it and weigh up the options.

Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

was saying back in the summer we Should of gone for a pukki replacement 🤷

But we didnt have 20m+ to spend on a player.  Look at whos to blame for that!

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

Pukki looks so off the pace and he’s our only recognised striker, I think it’s time to admit this season is over.

We we relegated on Halloween

2 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

This reminds me of the Peterborough v Man City game last night.

Outclassed

It’s worse than that. At least Peterborough had a little bit of threat (long ball over the top to a lightning fast CF). We’ve offer no threat whatsoever.

3 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I wonder what's going to cure my insomnia.....tonight's performance or Delia's new book?.....

Tonight's norwich man of the match reads selected passages from Delia's new book

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

We we relegated on Halloween

I thought watching this it is halloween

One word to describe that, MEEK!

Pukki, never seen him so poor. 

Placheta - Is he supposed to be quick? Doesn't look it. Can't stay on side, doesn't get a foot in, easily passed by opposition players, no where near good enough.

The only player worthy of praise is Sam Byram. Some really good defending and has got forward on occasion well too. The rest, miles off it. PLM....what does he do? Really, really disappointing to watch a team full of average players playing as individuals with zero cohesive. Roy Keane will eat us alive....

4 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Did you see Delia’s comments on one show how it’s good to be crap as you enjoy the highs more? If only there were a solution Delia…

Typical small club mentality. Delia sees us as nothing but ‘little Norwich’. She may enjoy watching us be embarrassed and laughed at every Premier League season, but I’d like a little bit more from my football team

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Foxy2600 said:

If Deano keeps us up - you’ll all be lamenting come May

Paradox and a half anit it? Go down and have fun winning matches or pull ofa miricile and stay up yet only to get tonked and lose every match next season..

2 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

One word to describe that, MEEK!

Pukki, never seen him so poor. 

Placheta - Is he supposed to be quick? Doesn't look it. Can't stay on side, doesn't get a foot in, easily passed by opposition players, no where near good enough.

The only player worthy of praise is Sam Byram. Some really good defending and has got forward on occasion well too. The rest, miles off it. PLM....what does he do? Really, really disappointing to watch a team full of average players playing as individuals with zero cohesive. Roy Keane will eat us alive....

Two words needed, feeble and weak just like we have been for most of the season.

3 minutes ago, damn that Ralph Coates! said:

Real shame we will be knackered chasing this ball being spread side to side, when we will need fresh legs in the next 2 PL games

That ship already sailed, this was our only hope of salvaging something from the season…. It’s absolutely embarrassing…. Good job I’m thick skinned, the crap I have to take lately for being a yellow!