cambridgeshire canary

**The lappinitup up for the cup official match thread**

I really do think this is worst top-flight squad we’ve ever assembled. If Webber escapes accountability for this mess, then it’s an absolute travesty! Just embarrassing.

• Like 1

I dont want to carp on but I have been supporting City of over 45 years and this really is one of the poorest sides we have ever put out. some of these players are just no way good enough. Norwich have lost the 'Norwich Way' and its sad to see. 

• Like 2

Central Midfield....no one to break up the play, hold the ball and link up defence to attack. Same problem we have had all season and yet we still did nothing in January. This puts pressure on the defence and limits chances for the attack. All I'm seeing is ours run side to side, up and down without the ball. 

Alisson’s kicking is dreadful. Close him down and he’s a mistake waiting to happen.

Just now, Robornio said:

I really do think this is worst top-flight squad we’ve ever assembled. If Webber escapes accountability for this mess, then it’s an absolute travesty! Just embarrassing.

Truly abominable.....and yeti hope Webber bumps into it in the Himalayas.....

This is like me taking it easy on my nephew when I used to play him at FIFA when he was young and then getting bored and just scoring a few goals but not getting any satisfaction out of it. (He beats me nowadays so I got my comeuppance).

What gets me is it’s a free hit. Boro….Luton doing themselves proud.  Where is the passion…..it’s so obviously lacking I just can’t understand it. We are so predictable it’s just unacceptable now.  Come on lads….take it to them, it’s their reserves! 

It's joyless watching a team completely out of its depth like this and difficult to see how it changes in future attempts in the top flight with all things considered.

Its just a lack of quality. Liverpool can play tight passes and control it. We can't.

And apart from Byram, our defenders cannot physically compete.

1 minute ago, percy varco said:

Exactly how have we progressed under Dean Smith. 
Devoid of ideas all over the pitch

We look organised generally and some players such as Raschica and PLM look improved. Smith has the same problem as Farke; since Buendia was sold we look completely devoid of ideas in the final third and are very light up front.

• Like 2

To be honest that second 11 for Liverpool is pretty damn good!

It's men against boys again; second best all over the pitch. Difficult to watch at times.

Look's like we win the  F*ck All cup again this year.

My only hope for the 2nd half is that Lee Dixon has a coughing fit and vomits all over himself.

OTBC

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Placheta needs to be hooked at ht, he's been absolutely atrocious.

Give Tzolis a run out.

For Sure. He cost enough 💰 money.

13 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

This. Zimbo marked air, leaving Gibson to deal with two players; he was basically given the choice of letting Origi or Minamino score.

No Zimbo had the near post area covered, Gibson came across for no proper reason

Well we looked semi-competitive for a few minutes there, then crumpled like a cheap suit. 

4 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Gutting for Luton... 

Chelsea have really turned up in the 2nd half though

3 minutes ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

I feel for Pukki, he looks so off the pace but there’s no wonder he has spent the season chasing fruitless passes and feeding on scraps. 

Not at all   he has had loads of chances that he should of finished     he gets paid to do a job and he is not even close to doing it

Just now, (Hoola)Han Solo said:

We look organised generally and some players such as Raschica and PLM look improved. Smith has the same problem as Farke; since Buendia was sold we look completely devoid of ideas in the final third and are very light up front.

Three of last season's midfield are no longer playing for us. And their replacements are not as good and in Normann are highly overrated.

• Like 1