Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Farke gone, again

Absolutely the right decision by him. Probably leaves him and his coaching team out of pocket for the short term, but peace of mind being out of that god awful country counts for everything.

• Like 3

Think everyone who shat on him from a great height for joining a Russian club and 'money-grabbing' (even when no-one foresaw a literal war breaking out back in January) probably owes him an apology. 

• Like 3

New Pecking Order

1) Norwich City

2)Everyone Else

3)Ipswich Town - And I name thee by their true name as now the true scum are...

4)Russians

Farke said: "The current political development and the associated request from our children, wives, families and friends to come home and the loss of all sporting perspectives have now led to this well-considered decision.

"It is very difficult for us, because we were received very warmly from day one. We formed a great community with different nationalities in a very short time, who wanted to pursue sporting goals together - with joy and fun. Unfortunately, the serious side of life has now caught up with us."

A legend & a gentleman

• Like 5

Class move by Farke, staying would of only be seen as supporting a dreadful, deplorable regime.

Putin is the problem not the Russian nation as a whole who are getting fed **** like bulls hit propaganda!

Despite yet to take a game in charge, he did the right thing. Had already seen another German manager depart a Russian club 

Edited by HazzaJet

Bad decision in first place

Situation in Ukraine and Russia was brewing when he signed contact

1 hour ago, For the future said:

Daniel farke needs to come back to Norwich City before we go back down ready for the championship 

Even assuming that the board got rid of Dean Smith (highly unlikely), why on earth would Daniel Farke and his staff come back after the way they were thrown under the bus?

6 hours ago, Sooty57 said:

Even assuming that the board got rid of Dean Smith (highly unlikely), why on earth would Daniel Farke and his staff come back after the way they were thrown under the bus?

Was he thrown under the bus, or was he simply judged on results?

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Was he thrown under the bus, or was he simply judged on results?

I would say letting him give a post match interview, then giving him the sack in the changing rooms after the players were on the coach was fairly shabby. I think it is generally accepted that this squad of players (assembled by Mr. Webber, albeit probably with agreement of DF) is not good enough to compete at this level, and can we honestly say that, despite the occasional good performance, do we really look any more likely to survive under the new management?

I am not a Daniel Farke or Dean Smith lover or hater. By 'thrown under the bus' I mean that, I'm my opinion, the decision was made more to detract from Webber's recruitment failings than to save our PL status.

Edited by Sooty57
typo

2 hours ago, Sooty57 said:

I would say letting him give a post match interview, then giving him the sack in the changing rooms after the players were on the coach was fairly shabby.

Well I definitely agree with that.

He shouldn't have been allowed to lead the team into that game if the decision to sack him was already cast in stone.

I do agree, that was pretty appalling and I would hope that he'd had an apology for that from the board (although doubt it).

2 hours ago, Sooty57 said:

the decision was made more to detract from Webber's recruitment failings than to save our PL status.

I don't entirely disagree, but will point out that actually a few personnel frankly do look much better under Smith, particularly Josh Sargent, but I'd also argue Brandon Williams, and Adam Idah came on leaps and bounds.

Agree however that on the whole Webber's recruitment wasn't great, and that Farke wasn't given enough tools (again).