Sadly I feel both will be leaving come end of the season (No doubt is Williams leaving and Gini with the homesick rumours and does not want another season in championship) but it's a big chance for Gini to try and show what he's got.

Hopefully he puts in a real shift. I felt it was harsh towards the start of the season where Williams wasn't exactly showing why he was nailed on 1st choice, but the past month or so he's really got going and it's fair enough Dimi has been second fiddle. Need Dimi to respond when he gets a chance though! 

Unfortunately Giannoulis isn't good enough for the PL. Defensively suspect all round. Decent going forward which is why I'd prefer to see him as a wingback.

Although Williams definitely deserves the 'no.1' spot, I can't help but think we are missing a trick with not using Giannoulis more from the bench. Particularly in the last few weeks where we've had literally no one to bring on to change the game (well apart from Placheta ffs), why not bring him on while we're chasing the game at Southampton and have nothing to lose? It doesn't really make sense, not like our ****ing goal difference matters is it?!

I don't think anyone can argue who the better attacking outlet is between Williams and Giannoulis. We saw what Giannoulis brings in the Newcastle game, and Man U and Liverpool at home amongst other games. Of course he's also played poorly, but who hasn't?  A shame he had his poorest game versus Charlton in January as that seems to be really counting against him.

He and Sorensen appear to be in a similar spot, where it feels like their levels have to be higher for them to stay in the team than the levels of other players. Do they train poorly? 

If our relegation becomes apparent (i.e. don't win Saturday) and we need to start playing Giannoulis now in order to keep him sweet for the next championship season then I would strongly consider it, Williams won't be around for much longer I'm afraid. DITTO Gilmour. Giannoulis would be a stand out player for us in the championship IMO.

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Although Williams definitely deserves the 'no.1' spot, I can't help but think we are missing a trick with not using Giannoulis more from the bench. Particularly in the last few weeks where we've had literally no one to bring on to change the game (well apart from Placheta ffs), why not bring him on while we're chasing the game at Southampton and have nothing to lose? It doesn't really make sense, not like our ****ing goal difference matters is it?!

I don't think anyone can argue who the better attacking outlet is between Williams and Giannoulis. We saw what Giannoulis brings in the Newcastle game, and Man U and Liverpool at home amongst other games. Of course he's also played poorly, but who hasn't?  A shame he had his poorest game versus Charlton in January as that seems to be really counting against him.

He and Sorensen appear to be in a similar spot, where it feels like their levels have to be higher for them to stay in the team than the levels of other players. Do they train poorly? 

If our relegation becomes apparent (i.e. don't win Saturday) and we need to start playing Giannoulis now in order to keep him sweet for the next championship season then I would strongly consider it, Williams won't be around for much longer I'm afraid. DITTO Gilmour. Giannoulis would be a stand out player for us in the championship IMO.

Have you watched Williams? He’s been pretty much our best player.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

He's on around £40k a week, so he'd have to take a big cut pay cut because we wouldn't pay that for a full back in the Championship.

If we are relegated, we could probably get him on loan for less than half that, unless another Prem team wants him. 

43 minutes ago, Kingston Yellow said:

Have you watched Williams? He’s been pretty much our best player.

Agreed he has been, especially since the turn of the year. But he’s not much of an attacker though is he?  I’m not advocating Giannoulis start over Williams only is used as an option. When we’re already a goal down with 20 mins to go what is there to lose?

I'm a little surprised playing both down the left hasn't been tried. Try Rashica on the right, Giannoulis on the left.

• Like 3

Why on earth do Norwich fans always revert to suggesting we should re-sign players whom we've sold, particularly rubbish ones? 

Jamal Lewis is dreadful. We got rid of a poor player for good money. Move on. 

There's another thread suggesting we should buy one of the Murphy twins. Again, both rubbish.  

The amount of posts in the past clamouring for us to re-sign Bradley 'toblerone boots' Johnson, one of the worst players to ever grace the Premier league. 

After you've dropped a deuce would you push it back up your nipsy? 

There are other, better players available.

15 hours ago, Bovril said:

The chances of Lewis returning I'd say is very high. 

I hope not! He was overrated. Best bit of business Webber ever done.

Most of his passes were sideways, or back to the goalkeeper.

Make dear old Butch Wilkins ( the grab) looking like a forward.

10 minutes ago, Bradwell canary said:

Make dear old Butch Wilkins ( the grab) looking like a forward.

I think you mean crab

Seeing how ineffective Placheta has been as an attacking threat,and suspect defensively where he always allows players to cut onside on corner of the box to shoot, I'd be tempted to play Giannoulis instead, offering better defensive cover but also I suspect no loss of attacking threat.

I'd also occasionally play him on the right just ahead of Aarons, as being left footed he will be more comfortable blocking players like Zaha cutting in to score 

• Like 1

I'm generally against playing people out of position but every time I see Dimi I think he looks like a wide midfielder rather than a full back. Surprised they haven't tried him in front of Williams, or, as you say, Aarons. There's part of me that would like to see a 442 with Williams and Byram at full back, Max and Dimi in front of them and Pukki and Rashica as a front two. Also means we'd only have to play two of our dreadful central midfielders.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Fair point. Money doesn't mean much to Newcastle right now so they'd probably be content with that.

If no other premier team wants him they wouldn't have much choice! Clubs often have to loan out unwanted players at a fraction of their wage.

13 hours ago, non-scoring strikers said:

Why on earth do Norwich fans always revert to suggesting we should re-sign players whom we've sold, particularly rubbish ones? 

There's another thread suggesting we should buy one of the Murphy twins. Again, both rubbish.  

The amount of posts in the past clamouring for us to re-sign Bradley 'toblerone boots' Johnson, one of the worst players to ever grace the Premier league. 

Why do some fans talk clear nonsense, all 4 of these players were good for us, they are all having excellent careers. I’d love a Johnson in this squad. Just because they had the odd weakness, and were signed by Barcelona doesn’t mean they weren’t good, and didn’t give us good service. 

• Like 1

Josh, 16 yr pro career, representing England 15 times at youth levels, Preston - Jacob, 16 yr , 5 for England youth, at Newcastle- Bradley , 25 yrs in game, part of high flying Rovers, ex Leeds/Arsenal- and Jamal, 13 years a pro, a Northern  Ireland international, Newcastle, a premiership club by the way, and staying that way! 

Compare to

Ex Norwich City academy player playing for Boreham wood v Everton tonight, David Stevens, he played one first team game for us in the Johnsons Paint Trophy & he is now 30.

On 02/03/2022 at 16:16, wr4sb said:

There's some left back called Lewis who might be available..

No thanks, rather we played McCallum

• Like 1

1 hour ago, corbs said:

Josh, 16 yr pro career, representing England 15 times at youth levels, Preston - Jacob, 16 yr , 5 for England youth, at Newcastle- Bradley , 25 yrs in game, part of high flying Rovers, ex Leeds/Arsenal- and Jamal, 13 years a pro, a Northern  Ireland international, Newcastle, a premiership club by the way, and staying that way! 

What on earth are you talking about, how can Josh and Jacob have had 16 year pro careers when they are 27 years old, did they sign pro contracts aged 11? 

Also, Jamal Lewis is not registered in Newcastle's 25 man squad. He's been properly ditched, they cannot field him.

On 02/03/2022 at 13:29, Costessey Posse said:

Apparently Williams is injured- hope he takes his chance, have felt sorry for him (but Williams has been on fire recently)

He certainly didn’t take his chance last night. I felt we badly missed Williams who has been one of better players this season.

17 hours ago, non-scoring strikers said:

I'm not advocating that we resign him,

But to call him dreadful and a poor player is just rediculous.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, corbs said:

Why do some fans talk clear nonsense, all 4 of these players were good for us, they are all having excellent careers. I’d love a Johnson in this squad. Just because they had the odd weakness, and were signed by Barcelona doesn’t mean they weren’t good, and didn’t give us good service. 

9 hours ago, corbs said:

This stunning misunderstanding of football and elevation of mediocrity is exactly what gives us Norwich fans a bad name. 

Bless you.