Sign in to follow this  
pete

Abramovic selling up apparently

4 hours ago, AJ said:

He's probably better off keeping his assets in the UK, they'll probably be worth far more than the Ruble might be soon...

Ruble worth a US cent... I mean, that's already pretty crap.

Could be he is raking in his money to stage a coups... 

30 minutes ago, chicken said:

Ruble worth a US cent... I mean, that's already pretty crap.

Could be he is raking in his money to stage a coups... 

Maybe he leant in Roubles, not £. 

To be fair to him, he’s been vocally against the war, his family have, he’s done the right thing and I do respect him for donating his sae to the Ukrainian fund. 

We have to not tar all Russians rich or poor in the same light as Putin, that’s not right. Yes questionable where and how he’s made his billions but that can be asked of many western billionaires too!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Does this mean the dirty money apologists can claim the moral ground?

While I've seen plenty of people say we should look for an investor in the club, domestic or foreign, I don't recall anyone saying we should overlook criminal activity when doing so - happy to be corrected if there is evidence to the contrary.

And tbh, I think the moral high ground already has plenty of people from this forum on it already - I doubt there's any room left.

OTBC

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

We have to not tar all Russians rich or poor in the same light as Putin, that’s not right.

100% agree - I said much the same to a class full of children today; it's important we all focus on the real cause of this crisis and not make an enemy of the Russian people; they are being fed lie after lie.

OTBC

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

While I've seen plenty of people say we should look for an investor in the club, domestic or foreign, I don't recall anyone saying we should overlook criminal activity when doing so - happy to be corrected if there is evidence to the contrary.

And tbh, I think the moral high ground already has plenty of people from this forum on it already - I doubt there's any room left.

OTBC

As I said the other day when you asked a similar question. Just look back through the threads.

This isn't about what Russia are doing now. The source of his money and closeness to Putin has been known for over 20 years. And again if you look back in the archives you will see the evidence of that.

The source of Abramovich's wealth and the money laundering in London and the closeness to Putin didn't happen this last week. Why was it ever acceptable?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

As I said the other day when you asked a similar question. Just look back through the threads.

This isn't about what Russia are doing now. The source of his money and closeness to Putin has been known for over 20 years. And again if you look back in the archives you will see the evidence of that.

The source of Abramovich's wealth and the money laundering in London and the closeness to Putin didn't happen this last week. Why was it ever acceptable?

You have to then ask yourself why and who in British government has benefited from allowing this? They knew and are as culpable in my book as Abramovich! They’re all as corrupt as each other Russia or British! Nationality has nothing to do with it, it’s just greed!

15 minutes ago, Indy said:

You have to then ask yourself why and who in British government has benefited from allowing this? They knew and are as culpable in my book as Abramovich! They’re all as corrupt as each other Russia or British! Nationality has nothing to do with it, it’s just greed!

Of course. Well, a Russian Oligarch is Russian but then an English arms dealing ticket tout is English.

Did anyone suggest otherwise?

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Come on now Nutty. If you make accusations, you surely must be prepared to back them up. I'm clearly not going to go looking through endless threads for something I may never find.

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

The Premier League, as well as most sporting leagues and competitions around the world, generally don't give a sh1t where the money comes from; they just want the cash. Look at Blatter, Infantino or Thomas Bach - if they'd have been around in the 1930s, they would have been first in the queue to shake Hitler's hand if he'd have chucked a wodge their way to stage a competition. It has always been such - and probably always will be. The amounts involved have just got bigger as the world has turned. 

OTBC

8 hours ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Come on now Nutty. If you make accusations, you surely must be prepared to back them up. I'm clearly not going to go looking through endless threads for something I may never find.

The Premier League, as well as most sporting leagues and competitions around the world, generally don't give a sh1t where the money comes from; they just want the cash. Look at Blatter, Infantino or Thomas Bach - if they'd have been around in the 1930s, they would have been first in the queue to shake Hitler's hand if he'd have chucked a wodge their way to stage a competition. It has always been such - and probably always will be. The amounts involved have just got bigger as the world has turned. 

OTBC

What accusations have I made? 

I asked you why the dirty money was acceptable and you appear to have said it's because of a history of corruption in sport and sporting leagues don't give a sh1t where money comes from. 

I don't agree but even if you're right I don't see how that makes it acceptable. It just reads to me like an apologist excusing dirty Russian money. Which brings us back to my first point. There's no point searching for past posts from others when there's one right here.

I'm not sure how it could be possible but John Terry has got even lower in my estimations. 

13 hours ago, (Hoola)Han Solo said:

A reminder: not all foreign investors are criminals and bad people.

I didn’t realise you’re a Geordie.

Edited by Nuff Said

13 hours ago, Indy said:

Moral reductionism is an extremely slippery slope Indy.

We all benefit indirectly from the slavery and exploitation carried out as part of the British Empire. Do you also condemn all residents of the UK? 

Life is about shades of grey - recognise that and make the effort to look at the detail, it’s those who benefit from division who will try and do the opposite.

5 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

What accusations have I made? 

I asked you why the dirty money was acceptable and you appear to have said it's because of a history of corruption in sport and sporting leagues don't give a sh1t where money comes from. 

I don't agree but even if you're right I don't see how that makes it acceptable. It just reads to me like an apologist excusing dirty Russian money. Which brings us back to my first point. There's no point searching for past posts from others when there's one right here.

Sigh.

Where did I say that it was acceptable?  I told you why it was the way it was as you didn't seem to understand. Are you telling me you didn't grasp that? I think it was pretty obvious Nutty. Of course it's not acceptable - but that's how it is. What are you doing about it other than calling people names on an internet forum?

You made some accusations about racism the other day. You then made some accusations about fans not being bothered about dirty money going into our club. You backed up neither and now are making slurs against me. Quite the pattern of behaviour.

I'll leave it there.

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap

35 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Sigh.

Where did I say that it was acceptable?  I told you why it was the way it was as you didn't seem to understand. Are you telling me you didn't grasp that? I think it was pretty obvious Nutty. Of course it's not acceptable - but that's how it is. What are you doing about it other than calling people names on an internet forum?

You made some accusations about racism the other day. You then made some accusations about fans not being bothered about dirty money going into our club. You backed up neither and now are making slurs against me. Quite the pattern of behaviour.

I'll leave it there.

OTBC

You quite clearly did. You even kindly split my post so that you could specifically reply. 

IMG_20220303_144052.thumb.jpg.eb5740ee44fb93f39086489aee243539.jpg

And just to add I haven't called anyone names. Or accused anyone of anything. As for slurs against you, I was replying to posts you made yourself.

I get the impression you don't really want to discuss these issues but for some unknown reason want to picking fights with me.

I'll leave it there🙃

Edited by nutty nigel

53 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

You quite clearly did. You even kindly split my post so that you could specifically reply. 

I've already explained what I put and why I put it, not that I think it really needed doing. I couldn't have been clearer in my reply to you; you've chosen to ignore it.

End program.

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap
De-escalation!

51 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

And just to add I haven't called anyone names. Or accused anyone of anything. As for slurs against you, I was replying to posts you made yourself.

I get the impression you don't really want to discuss these issues but for some unknown reason want to picking fights with me.

I'll leave it there🙃

Only just seen your edit - I really wasn't trying to fight with you Nutty. Anyway, I agree, let's leave it. 

OTBC

• Like 1

On 02/03/2022 at 07:30, wcorkcanary said:

Yeah , all very dodgy  as I heard on radio that Chelsea  is worth in total about 6 Billion..... can this be right?

Chelsea is worth whatever a buyer is willing to pay.

On 02/03/2022 at 08:15, AJ said:

He's probably better off keeping his assets in the UK, they'll probably be worth far more than the Ruble might be soon...

Hard cash would be a fortune back in Moscow, and will be for a long time.

21 hours ago, City 2nd said:

Apparently the profits from any sales are to go to those in Ukraine who need it most, through a charitable trust. 

What is Ukraine is once again in Russia's hands?  The trust will benefit needy Russians to resettle in Ukraine.

Donating proceeds to Ukraine charity only so Boris dosn't impose sanctions to prevent sale of Chelsea.  Believe when I see it.  If Abramovic had yacht in France would have lost it by now.  Macron being decisive Boris put to shame too slow, needs to retain dirty Russian money to fund Tory party. 

• Like 1

When the new owner is decided I'm really interested to see what they're like. I mean - why was Abramovich so good for Chelsea? He was a billionaire who didn't want his money back. Will the new owner be the same though? I know they'll get another billionaire but maybe the next one might want their money back, or use the club to fund their business....