So do you think we will end tbe season with a bang - playing each match like a cup final? Or will we see increasing limp shows and go out with a whimper? 

history suggests we usually fold without a fight in relegation fights. But could this buck the trend?

predictions? 

It will take LDC style optimism to believe we can stay up.

I cannot see us scoring enough goals to do it, but I would like to hope we have a few wins in us before we go down.

It's a weird quirk of our recent history that we are incredibly good in promotion races. I can barely remember a season where we were in contention for promotion and didn't go up. The year O'Neill walked out, maybe? Have a vague memory of going to a game at Molineux that we had to win to stay in the play-off hunt. We lost, obviously. But other than that, we've kept our nerve really well in promotion races.

Conversely, we are dreadful in relegation battles. I guess Roeder kept us in the Championship one year, but other than that, if there's been a sniff of relegation, we've absolutely grabbed it. 

We have at least the merit money to play for. The seventeenth placed team gets more than the bottom side.

As perpetual paupers, every little counts.

We wont score enough to give ourselves a chance. So I feel we'll no doubt fight in every game,until we concede and the realisation dawns on the team that we simply dont have the firepower to pull it round. Grim is'nt it?🥴.......................of course,I hope i'm proved wrong.

2 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Isn’t that a euphemism for your John Thomas?

Do you have a different  euphemism for yours? 

Ones John Thomas is also known as Wang, perhaps.

3 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

It's a weird quirk of our recent history that we are incredibly good in promotion races. I can barely remember a season where we were in contention for promotion and didn't go up. The year O'Neill walked out, maybe? Have a vague memory of going to a game at Molineux that we had to win to stay in the play-off hunt. We lost, obviously. But other than that, we've kept our nerve really well in promotion races.

Conversely, we are dreadful in relegation battles. I guess Roeder kept us in the Championship one year, but other than that, if there's been a sniff of relegation, we've absolutely grabbed it. 

There was one other occasion in the Premier League during Chris Hughton's time here.

We needed three points in our last two games against West Brom ( H ) and Man City ( A ) West Brom got turned over 4-0 to make us safe followed by a bonkers 3-2 win at the Etihad.

But I'd agree that successful Norwich attempts to avoid relegation are rare as hens teeth.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mannings bandy legs said:

We wont score enough to give ourselves a chance. So I feel we'll no doubt fight in every game,until we concede and the realisation dawns on the team that we simply dont have the firepower to pull it round. Grim is'nt it?🥴.......................of course,I hope i'm proved wrong.

Whimper for me. Newcastle nearly safe, Everton just too good, Burnley picking a point here and there, Erickson will give Brentford a lift. For me it’s us,Watford and one other.

21 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

There was one other occasion in the Premier League during Chris Hughton's time here.

We needed three points in our last two games against West Brom ( H ) and Man City ( A ) West Brom got turned over 4-0 to make us safe followed by a bonkers 3-2 win at the Etihad.

But I'd agree that successful Norwich attempts to avoid relegation are rare as hens teeth.

Good point. That Man City win took us to a very deceptive final position, didn't it? Think that's why I didn't remember it as a relegation battle.