Sign in to follow this  

I know many of us feel powerless in the face of recent shocking events in Ukraine. But...

With Joma being both NCFC and Ukraine's football kit manufacturer. I wondered how people would feel about having Norwich play in a one-off yellow and blue kit, based on our current kit, but in Ukraine colours. Perhaps in the home game against Brentford?

The shirts could then be auctioned off to raise money for something like UNHCR, which is the UN agency that helps refugees.

I would be interested in people's thoughts.

For reference, this is the Ukraine kit:

14d499d96a00b2b59a167451f929ba03d54a8b9d4e90551068f5694aa882cde1.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Excellent idea and I doubt the Premier League would say no. Does anyone have a contact at NCFC this can be passed to? 

Great idea, and should be done regardless of what the morally bankrupt suits in the Premier League say.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Excellent idea and I doubt the Premier League would say no. Does anyone have a contact at NCFC this can be passed to? 

The Premier League would find a reason to say no

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

The Premier League would find a reason to say no

Indeed, but they’ve broken their no political statements rules with all the BLM stuff

1 hour ago, WD40 said:

Indeed, but they’ve broken their no political statements rules with all the BLM stuff

How so?

Which political party or movement thinks that the lives of black people don't matter?

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

I know many of us feel powerless in the face of recent shocking events in Ukraine. But...

With Joma being both NCFC and Ukraine's football kit manufacturer. I wondered how people would feel about having Norwich play in a one-off yellow and blue kit, based on our current kit, but in Ukraine colours. Perhaps in the home game against Brentford?

The shirts could then be auctioned off to raise money for something like UNHCR, which is the UN agency that helps refugees.

That's a brilliant idea, it would definitely get my backing 👍 Have you emailed NCFC? 

Edited by Top corner
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

Not only auction but you could create them for sale and and we give our side of the profits to the charity. I'd buy one and I don't buy shirts generally.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for all the positive feedback.

I emailed the club's supporter liaison and received an automated 'We will reply in 5 days' response. I guess we will see.

Also mentioned it on today's Pinkun Q&A with Paddy, and he supported the idea.

PL unlikely to give any thought to what is a better than the average footballing response.  This is a relegation battle which will have little interest to the PL glitteratil.  Expect such an uninteresting game between botom dwellers we shall see trainee referees over even second raters such as Hooper to hone their few skills.

Best of luck getting this off the ground

8 hours ago, Badger said:

How so?

Which political party or movement thinks that the lives of black people don't matter?

They traditionally dont like political statements, even positive ones. Please tell me you don’t think the politics only relates to political parties?

8 hours ago, Badger said:

How so?

Nice bit of spin and deflection there.  You’d make a good troll.

7 hours ago, mastoola said:

Would love this happen   I would love to see our badge in blue also.

Actually, the current away kit has a blue badge!

3864.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Naturalcynic said:

Nice bit of spin and deflection there.  You’d make a good troll.

??? Deflecting from what?

14 hours ago, WD40 said:

They traditionally dont like political statements, even positive ones. Please tell me you don’t think the politics only relates to political parties?

Not sure that this is true.

1. Remembrance Sunday (Armistice Day)

2. Two minutes silence for Duke of Edinburgh

3. Minute silence for NHS workers

4. Silence in remembrance of Covid losses

5. Silence for 20th anniversary of 9/11

6. Silence for Paris attacks

7. Silence for Westminster Bridge attacks

8. Hundred Years since the end of World War One

9. Rainbow Laces campaign

Etc etc

The Premier league has a tradition of supporting/ showing sympathy at matches for causes that the country is united upon.

If you think that supporting a cause which recognises the importance of black lives is political (although not in a party sense) these would fall into the same category - only political extremists would oppose any of the above just as it is only political extremists that support racism in modern Britain and oppose measures to tackle it.

Thing is, if we could produce a one off shirt to wear like we did for the last game of last season then surely we can produce one for a cause like this.

1 hour ago, Coneys Knee said:

This is a fantastic idea. Come on Norwich, make this happen.

Totally agree and would buy the shirt if it went on sale like thousands of other Yellows would. All money going to support the Ukraine families.

Just thought I would give this a bump.

If anyone wants to support this idea, feel free to email the club:

supporterrelations@canaries.co.uk

Write Showing solidarity with Ukraine in the subject line. Please also be respectful. I don't want to force anyone to do anything.

FMmF7NVXsAAJfMJ.jpg

Edited by Pyro Pete

On 28/02/2022 at 02:33, Pyro Pete said:

What an incredibly brilliant idea Pete!! Surely the club can't say no to such a gesture? 

31 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Still no reply from the club, sadly.

In better news, the DEC Ukraine Humanitarian Appeal has raised £55 million in its first day, including £20 million from the UK Government.

https://www.dec.org.uk/appeal/ukraine-humanitarian-appeal

FNAylBtXsAkhvxH.jpg

I'm sorry to hear that you have had no reply from the club up to now. Your idea is a great gesture 👏