Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

VAR strikes again!

What are you trying to say? That it was wrong? It was tight definitely but some part of Lukaku (his knee presumably) must’ve been beyond that line of VVDs foot for it to be given.

Lukaku should be blasted by Tuchel for the amount of times he’s been offside. It really isn’t that difficult to look along the line and stay onside 

17 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Did you draw that line yourself? 

10 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

LOL! He even used his favourite red crayon as well!

OTBC

Ok ok you got me here's the real one..

offside.png

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

The shot of Edouard Mendy looking on as he took it 😂

Hate it when managers do this, bad enough Southgate bringing on outfield players, but taking off the keeper who had been outstanding was quite frankly disgraceful by Tuchel, glad it blew up in his face. 

Edited by Ken Hairy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Hate it when managers do this, bad enough Southgate bringing on outfield players, but taking off the keeper who had been outstanding was quite frankly disgraceful by Tuchel, glad it blew up in his face. 

Only one keeper that should be brought on for for Pens and that's Krul 😉

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I bet Tuchel is delighted he brought Kepa on for the penalties 😂😂😂

We need to talk about what happened 3 years ago too; Kepa playing in the same cup final, Sarri tries to sub him off for the penalty shoot out, Kepa refuses and does rubbish in the shoot out (should’ve save from Aguero if I remember rightly) and Chelsea lose.

3 years later he’s given the chance to save the penalties again in the same cup, but in a role reversal with mendy, like some kind of undeserved movie script for him to appease his behaviour to Sarri and be the hero. 

He then proceeds to let 11 penalties in in a row and wallops his own attempt miles over. Now that is pure poetry. Sarri may have died laughing 

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

We need to talk about what happened 3 years ago too; Kepa playing in the same cup final, Sarri tries to sub him off for the penalty shoot out, Kepa refuses and does rubbish in the shoot out (should’ve save from Aguero if I remember rightly) and Chelsea lose.

3 years later he’s given the chance to save the penalties again in the same cup, but in a role reversal with mendy, like some kind of undeserved movie script for him to appease his behaviour to Sarri and be the hero. 

He then proceeds to let 11 penalties in in a row and wallops his own attempt miles over. Now that is pure poetry. Sarri may have died laughing 

Karma my good man, karma 👍

I thought it was a cracking game.
How ironic that the one player bought on with penalties in mind should actually lose it for Chelsea

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Fun times at Chelsea/Liverpool..

vaaaaar.png

That line is not parallel to the field. If it were, there is no offside.

I hate that those sort of goals are sometimes given sometimes not based on millimetres that can't be determined due to the frames-per-second of the recording device.

They made out these sort of decisions moving forwards would favour the attacker. Clearly not.

Blimey, VAR and the refs must feel so compromised when two of MC, Liverpool, MU and Chelsea play each other.   They have to get them right, be fair.    So much easier to manipulate against anyone else!   

VAR is currently still reviewing whether Kepa's penalty crossed the Kármán line

8 hours ago, Fiery Zac said:

image.jpeg.354d8dd384c8f8d1c27bcfe1f906e644.jpeg

Until the technology catches up, what is the point..?

Where is the original of this, please? I would love to be able to use it when I am arguing with technophiles who tell me, 'It's science, innit?'

1 hour ago, canarybubbles said:

Where is the original of this, please? I would love to be able to use it when I am arguing with technophiles who tell me, 'It's science, innit?'

Looks like the Daily Mail to me, so I'd be wary of using it anywhere.

If you Google ‘why VAR can never be definitive’ you’ll get numerous articles about it including the one above.

This controversy was 3 years ago (when VAR was brought in) and I know there was something about the lines being made thicker for this season so maybe they’ve eradicated the framing issue, but can’t find any explanation as to what’s changed. 

26 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

If you Google ‘why VAR can never be definitive’ you’ll get numerous articles about it including the one above.

This controversy was 3 years ago (when VAR was brought in) and I know there was something about the lines being made thicker for this season so maybe they’ve eradicated the framing issue, but can’t find any explanation as to what’s changed. 

Thanks.