A Load of Squit

Farke at Krasnador

First game back after winter break postponed due to the 'airport being closed'.

There must be another 'topic' that caused it.

Perhaps someone is being 'greedy'.

36 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Why would anyone choose Russia otherthan for the money. Sorry but I have zero sympathy for him. Amazing lack of judgement.

Hindsight is 20-20 after the fact, isn't it?

Did you know much about the Donbass conflicts at the time Farke joined them? I certainly did not, it was barely on the news, even though I knew Krasnodar was a Russian club I had not a clue about the location in relation to Ukraine.

Edited by mrD66M

38 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Why would anyone choose Russia otherthan for the money. Sorry but I have zero sympathy for him. Amazing lack of judgement.

He basically played his football career at Conference level so can't really blame him for going after the type of money that will see his grandchildren alright.

I can see why its a disappointment to those who were suckered into this myth that he was an elite level manager in waiting, those of us who always saw his obvious flaws will be much less surprised or disappointed.

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He basically played his football career at Conference level so can't really blame him for going after the type of money that will see his grandchildren alright.

I can see why its a disappointment to those who were suckered into this myth that he was an elite level manager in waiting, those of us who always saw his obvious flaws will be much less surprised or disappointed.

Maybe he's not Pep, but in his season getting us out of the Championship he still outdid Wilder, Bielsa, Lampard and a host of other good managers, including our very own Dean Smith.

• Like 10

54 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Do you want to ask Normann why he chose to play for Rostov as well? 

Why is there always a bitter undertone with those that decided they no longer like Farke, despite the fantastic things he did achieve with us.

Amazes me really. So unnecessary.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

May a need to eat and take care of his family?

1 hour ago, canarybubbles said:

Maybe he's not Pep, but in his season getting us out of the Championship he still outdid Wilder, Bielsa, Lampard and a host of other good managers, including our very own Dean Smith.

Have any of these people like you who question his latest move not considered that the possibility of achieving European football (pre-war) and then doing well in European competition would have increased his chances of getting a higher status job? 

Winning the Championship is going to mean little to a club which wants to reach the Semi's of the Euro Cup or something.

Success with Scandinavia teams in Europe landed Roy Hodgson the Inter Milan job!

54 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Why is there always a bitter undertone with those that decided they no longer like Farke, despite the fantastic things he did achieve with us.

Same with Paul Lambert though, but I we wouldn't see you rush to defend him. 

There's a big difference with the way Lambert left and also his attitude every time he came back.

Lambert trashed any goodwill he had built up with the fans, I can't see Farke doing that.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

There's a big difference with the way Lambert left and also his attitude every time he came back.

Lambert trashed any goodwill he had built up with the fans, I can't see Farke doing that.

Exactly. Lambert couldn't wait to get away when a bigger club came calling. Farke was happy to fight his way back but fell short.

I always thought Farke would want to manage in Germany next. But it's his choice. He did a lot for us. It was just a shame he couldn't achieve success in the Premier League.

I don't have any ill will towards him. With the way things are escalating, I just hope Daniel, his staff and their families stay safe.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I'm less bothered by that than I am by the people who for whatever reason (and its totally not Farke's fault) seemed to believe he was some form of moral giant who's standards were totally above going to chase some dodgy money in Russia.

1 hour ago, mrD66M said:
2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Do you want to ask Normann why he chose to play for Rostov as well? 

I don't blame anyone for wanting to live and work in Russia, up to now, at any rate.There was the feeling that Russia - or perhaps more accurately Russians and Russian culture - had progressed a bit from the past, but Putin has kyboshed any progress made over the last few years. He has effectively set back his country thirty years. Farke made a perfectly good decision at the time....he may be regretting it a bit now, but no blame can be attached to him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

He very clearly stated "despite his achievements"

Now you are bringing personality into it, just changing the parameters to suit? 

Lambert achieved a double promotion then kept us in the Premier League, and he didn't get to fund it all by selling some wonderkid to a Premier League side, a la Maddison.

That's his achievement.

If football was a popularity contest or if being a nice bloke won you points then Chris Hughton would be managing Man Utd, I'll stick with the context of judging Lambert on his achievements here thanks, rather than pretending he didn't work miracles here just because hes a bit of a pillock.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

46 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Exactly. Lambert couldn't wait to get away when a bigger club came calling. Farke was happy to fight his way back but fell short.

So?

What's that got to do with their achievements.

If we're judging managers on their loyalty to Norwich then Neil Adams is our greatest ever manager. 

59 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Bit of a daft comparison but I’m sure you realise that.

1 hour ago, Coneys Knee said:

1 minute ago, Coneys Knee said:

Bit of a daft comparison but I’m sure you realise that.

So we have to like Farke because of the fantastic things he achieved with us.

But its fine to dislike Lambert despite him achieving better?

Oh right

So?

What's that got to do with their achievements.

If we're judging managers on their loyalty to Norwich then Neil Adams is our greatest ever manager. 

So is achievements purely about titles and league position?

Or could it be a much broader “topic”. If it’s the broader topic (which I meant it to be), then Farke pi$$es all over lambert.

Just now, Coneys Knee said:

So is achievements purely about titles and league position?

Or could it be a much broader “topic”. If it’s the broader topic (which I meant it to be), then Farke pi$$es all over lambert.

Lets say "broader" then, what did Farke achieve that Lambert didn't? 

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Lets say "broader" then, what did Farke achieve that Lambert didn't? 

He brought on our own players in a way no other city manager ever has. 

He galvanised the support (with the exception of you it seems), gave us all the connection to our club back. 

He gave us the scintillating football I’ve ever seen by a Norwich side and won TWO titles in the process.

He respected our club, city and county showed loyalty throughout and has left without bitterness. 

Some of that stuff may mean nothing to you but I thank Daniel Farke for what he gave this club. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

He galvanised the support (with the exception of you it seems), gave us all the connection to our club back.

He gave us the scintillating football I’ve ever seen by a Norwich side and won TWO titles in the process.

He respected our club, city and county showed loyalty throughout and has left without bitterness. 
Some of that stuff may mean nothing to you but I thank Daniel Farke for what he gave this club. 

This ^^^  Lambert isn't fit to tie Daniel Farke's shoe laces. The promotion years 2009/10 and 2010/11 and the PL season were sensational but his behaviour and attitude to us since has been appalling and have ruined his reputation with us. I  can't see Daniel Farke doing that, he was....is....part of the family at Norwich and always will be loved for the part he played in turning the club round in such an engaging way on and off the field.

Edited by lake district canary
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Yep, Farke way over Lambert even just on a footballing style level

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yep, Farke way over Lambert even just on a footballing style level

Not for me Clive. In the championship sure but Farkes football in the Premier League was painful, Lamberts was exhilarating. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

He very clearly stated "despite his achievements"

Now you are bringing personality into it, just changing the parameters to suit? 

Lambert achieved a double promotion then kept us in the Premier League, and he didn't get to fund it all by selling some wonderkid to a Premier League side, a la Maddison.

That's his achievement.

If football was a popularity contest or if being a nice bloke won you points then Chris Hughton would be managing Man Utd, I'll stick with the context of judging Lambert on his achievements here thanks, rather than pretending he didn't work miracles here just because hes a bit of a pillock.

You appear to have an affinity for pollocks. I wonder why.