Lee Bowyer has said he would love to sign Hernandez on a permanent deal this summer. What do you think about the possibility of him going? I think it might depend on whether we lose Rashica, but Tzolis, Dowell, and Placheta can also all play there

Although I doubt we would get much for him, I think it might be a good idea if we got rid of him as he’s only got one year left on his contract, fallen out of favour, and not good enough for the PL

I think he'll be gone. The club decided to loan him out twice, he's not been in the first team plans, probably on decent wages and I imagine they'll be looking for fresh attacking blood next season.

It would be sad to see him go, but the harsh reality is if we receive an offer for any of our players, which meet our valuations, then I think they'll be seriously considered.

Despite what people think, we don't actually sell that much, so will take all opportunity to optimise the squad and wage bill.

I would give Onel the decision to make. If he’s fully fit he can make an impact in the upper end of the championship and would be a useful player to have around.

But he knows the score right, if we get promoted (again) he wouldn’t be needed he may only be a bit part player. His stock might be higher now after a successful loan spell at Birmingham than it might be after a season on the bench for us. Tricky decision I wold make him and his agent make it.

• Like 1

We do need to trim a bit, but he's earned the right to choose. @Ulfotto makes a very good point that his stock could be quite high as a result of this loan so we could get a bit more for him, not to mention get the wage off.

Will be a little sad to see him go, along with the likes of Klose, Stiepermann, Vrancic, etc. They all played their part for us - and you can't dislike a guy who puts the club badge on as a tattoo!

It might be that Dean Smith has a different view on Onel. he has not worked with him before and might like to "have a look at him" as they say.

The other thing is that I think that Birmingham have been playing Onel as a No 10, which I think is an interesting option. 

I always liked Onel. Fitness let him down. He looked too bulky last season when we saw him in my view but now he’s playing he looks like he’s trimmed down a bit. I’d give him another go if we get relegated. He’s far more productive than Placheta. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

No, he loves us and we love him.

Rashica will leave and so will Sargent 

We will need him next season. Come home Onel.

Why would they leave, and more importantly who would want to buy them, while we at Norwich City are thinking they are the bees knees, I'm not sure that other Premier league clubs think the same

8 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

I always liked Onel. Fitness let him down. He looked too bulky last season when we saw him in my view but now he’s playing he looks like he’s trimmed down a bit. I’d give him another go if we get relegated. He’s far more productive than Placheta. 

...........yes, and not just Placheta - he's more productive than several who have being playing games for us this season.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, kinggoblin said:

Why would they leave, and more importantly who would want to buy them, while we at Norwich City are thinking they are the bees knees, I'm not sure that other Premier league clubs think the same

I think Rachica (if he can keep up his recent form) will be definately saleable. I think Sarg needs a prolific season in The Championship to develop ditto Idah before anyone will look at them.

14 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

I think Rachica (if he can keep up his recent form) will be definately saleable. I think Sarg needs a prolific season in The Championship to develop ditto Idah before anyone will look at them.

20 Premier league games, with 1 goal and 2 assists in my opinion doesn't make him saleable, but definitely think he would do the business for us in the Championship

Edited by kinggoblin

1 minute ago, kinggoblin said:

20 Premier league games, with 1 goal and 2 assists in my opinion doesn't make him saleable in my opinion, but definitely think he would do the business for us in the Championship

I’m sure some club will make a bid for him this summer as we always receive bids for our best players because other clubs think we’re likely to sell them, but I think we will try everything we can to keep him as if he stayed I think he would probably win POTS next summer and probably want a minimum of £20-25m for him as he also has a sell on clause

9 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

I’m sure some club will make a bid for him this summer as we always receive bids for our best players because other clubs think we’re likely to sell them, but I think we will try everything we can to keep him as if he stayed I think he would probably win POTS next summer and probably want a minimum of £20-25m for him as he also has a sell on clause

Yes absolutely agree, we need to keep him as I think he and Sargent will rip any defence apart if(always hopeful that we stay Premiership) we are in the Championship next year

2 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

He should be sitting on our bench right now given how weak it is... moreso after Cantwell was shipped put and Tzolis deemed not good enough

Makes no sense, we’ve literally not had an attacking player to bring on from the bench the past few games other than Placheta. But when we’re chasing a game I can’t understand any justification for PP over Onel. Poor decision

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kinggoblin said:

20 Premier league games, with 1 goal and 2 assists in my opinion doesn't make him saleable, but definitely think he would do the business for us in the Championship

Premier League scouting is more sophisticated than looking at goal and assist totals.

If Raschia does go then I think it'd be silly to let Onel go. He loves the club, loves the city and is demonstrating that in the right environment is still a dangerous player in the Championship. I don't think too many people will argue that Placheta is better than him and we'll almost certainly be losing Cantwell. Therefore there will be space in the squad for his position so if we sell him (and what could we realistically get, £3-5 million?) we'd probably need to replace him. Not sure we can get someone better for that price.

17 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

No, he loves us and we love him.

Rashica will leave and so will Sargent 

We will need him next season. Come home Onel.

Sargent will leave? I must have missed that long line of suitors queueing up for his signature 

• Like 1

No denying that Onel would be a more threatening option from the bench than Tzolis has been at any point this season

Onel like others who might have improved our midfield sent on loan due to squad numerical limitations.  Smith will need to assess a few loanees returning for a tilt at Championship.  Finance likely to limit additions to the squad and look to the likes of Onel. 

I can't see any world where Hernandez plays for us again. The loans will have been about getting him some form in the hope we can find a million or two fee this coming summer. Didn't he only start 5 games for us last year?

Not sure why people are assuimg Rashica will move or that Tzolis is done, honestly. Placheta, whilst not PL quality, has already looked massively improved under Smith. He has a decent cross on him and is rapid, more than enough weapons for a Championship winger in this type of system.

• Like 1