Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

LEON..

Should Leon start up front with Earnie on Saturday?, i for one say yes, he shows real grit and determination something a lot of players don''t know the meaning of.

If he replaces Thorne then Yes. Leon can be really good when we need him to be. I''ll never forgot his debut againest Ipswich

THE form striker is WLY - he has to start for me - whether its up front or behind a front two of leon and earshaw or with Leon is neither here nor there for me.

JJ2 looked good as a striker - and JJ2 with WLY is my prefered starting pair based on recent performances, £2.75m and 2 goals from earnshaw or not.     

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

THE form striker is WLY - he has to start for me - whether its up front or behind a front two of leon and earshaw or with Leon is neither here nor there for me.

JJ2 looked good as a striker - and JJ2 with WLY is my prefered starting pair based on recent performances, £2.75m and 2 goals from earnshaw or not.     

[/quote]

I agree with you about WLY - he has to start at the moment as he is playing so well - I would put him on the right wing in place of JJ2.  I see no future for JJ2 at NCFC as he is no target man and we have lots of other strikers.  WLY looked lively again on the right yesterday and got an assist.  adding to the great hooked cross to setup the OG at Hull.

I think Leon should play along side Earnie. I don''t think he''s match fit enough to be starting just yet though. I know the majority of people on here have been brain washed by McVeigh''s mum & would have him play in goal if it meant starting a game. But you can''t play him along side Eanie as they are both vetically challenged & IMO Earnie is first choice centre forward ahead of him. That means he would play in his next choice position which is on one of the flanks. Hucks on his day is the best player in the league, so the left position is out of the window. On the right we are playing Johansson who looks quite comfortable there as he did last season when Charlton tore us apart at the Valley. That just leaves that little gap behind the front 2... The problem being our midfield isn''t good at playing the right formations to accommodate him there. That''s why he''s been on the bench recently!

Before you all bombard me with furious attacks to defend ''WLY'' let me just say; I rate the little man & can see why he''s such a crowd favourite. He''s just unfortunate Hucks & Earnie are at the club ahead of him. If I was manager & was forced to start him it would be ahead of Johansson, but without the fanatical pressure he would be on the bench for the first 70 minutes.

i would also play leon ahead of thorne, but not until he has got his fitness, speed etc up. i''d have johansson instead of thorne, as JJ wins just a much (or little) in the air as thorne does. thorne is no roberts, thats for sure. he only wins about 15-20% of headers max. and doesn''t contribute to anything else really. including the main thing, goals!

we need our best players out there, not on the bench. which is another reason why i wouldn''t play thorne.

mcveigh safri robbo hucks

JJ earnie

i cant see JJ staying next season, even though i would like him to. so hopefully we will see a lot of the partnership of leon/mckenzie soon.