Sign in to follow this  
Inch High aka Inchy..

Go get Knutsen.

On 08/04/2022 at 17:25, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Bit of a controversy afterwards however; apparently Knutsen physically assaulted the Roma goalkeeping coach!

That's what we like to see, a bit of aggression, i mean passion.

On 26/02/2022 at 17:34, Cantiaci Canary said:

Still FASCINATED to know WHO would've come in if Smith hadn't been fired when he was!

Lampard

On 09/04/2022 at 07:07, canarybubbles said:

We really missed the boat with Knutsen. No chance we're getting him now.

We don't have a vacancy do we?

2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

We don't have a vacancy do we?

We might have one for 'Head of Stadium Security' possibly?......Reference Commander Tilson's 'How Embarrassing' thread....

2 minutes ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

He was cr@p at Ipswich

Yeah but who isn't ? 😉

Would Knutsen have even qualified under the post-Brexit rules? The Mail has a piece on the subject today:

"To qualify for a GBE, potential managers have to meet specific criteria, which includes a total of 36 months first-team management in a major league within the previous five years, or 24 months consecutively in post, and the club they are planning to join must be without a manager."

The wording is not totally clear but of the "24 months" bit also refers to a major league then presumably not, since I doubt Norway is counted as a major league.

6 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Would Knutsen have even qualified under the post-Brexit rules? The Mail has a piece on the subject today:

"To qualify for a GBE, potential managers have to meet specific criteria, which includes a total of 36 months first-team management in a major league within the previous five years, or 24 months consecutively in post, and the club they are planning to join must be without a manager."

The wording is not totally clear but of the "24 months" bit also refers to a major league then presumably not, since I doubt Norway is counted as a major league.

Found this on the FA website about it.

Band 1 means the English Premier League, the Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A and Ligue 1.

Band 2 means the Portuguese Primeira Liga, Eredivisie, Belgian First Division A, the Turkish Super Lig and the English Championship.

Band 3 means the Russian Premier League, Campeonato Brasileiro Série A, Primera División of Argentina, Liga MX and the Scottish Premiership.

Band 4 means the Czech First League, Croatian First Football League, the Swiss Super League, La Liga 2, Bundesliga 2, Ukrainian Premier League, the Greek Superleague, the Colombian Categoría Primera A, the USA’s Major League Soccer, the Austrian Football Bundesliga and Ligue 2.

Band 5 means the Serbian SuperLiga, the Danish Superliga, the Polish Ekstraklasa, the Slovenian PrvaLiga, the Chilean Primera División, the Uruguayan Primera División and the Chinese Super League.

I don't see the Norweigan league on here but I wonder if I'm missing something- I can't imagine the Chinese or Columbian leagues are considered stronger competitions?

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

Band 1 means the English Premier League, the Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A and Ligue 1.

Band 2 means the Portuguese Primeira Liga, Eredivisie, Belgian First Division A, the Turkish Super Lig and the English Championship.

Band 3 means the Russian Premier League, Campeonato Brasileiro Série A, Primera División of Argentina, Liga MX and the Scottish Premiership.

Band 4 means the Czech First League, Croatian First Football League, the Swiss Super League, La Liga 2, Bundesliga 2, Ukrainian Premier League, the Greek Superleague, the Colombian Categoría Primera A, the USA’s Major League Soccer, the Austrian Football Bundesliga and Ligue 2.

Band 5 means the Serbian SuperLiga, the Danish Superliga, the Polish Ekstraklasa, the Slovenian PrvaLiga, the Chilean Primera División, the Uruguayan Primera División and the Chinese Super League.

I don't see the Norweigan league on here but I wonder if I'm missing something- I can't imagine the Chinese or Columbian leagues are considered stronger competitions?

Thanks. From that I would guess Norway and the other Scandi leagues are in Band 5 at best, if that's where the Danish Superliga is. So presumably we could not have hired Knutsen even if we'd wanted to. Nor could we now have got Farke.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Purple, it appears you’ve been reading The Mail again? You should know better. 🤢

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Another Brexit benefit. Do they ever stop?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Thanks. From that I would guess Norway and the other Scandi leagues are in Band 5 at best, if that's where the Danish Superliga is. So presumably we could not have hired Knutsen even if we'd wanted to. Nor could we now have got Farke.

Norway is not a Top League as per the criteria laid out in the FA's GBE Requirement for Men's Team Manager. 

https://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/gbe-criteria/gbe-mens-managers-criteria-jan-2021.ashx

That doesn't mean that we couldn't have hired him, as we could have applied to the Exceptions Panel. This panel would have made a decision based on the domestic league that Bodo/Glimt had been playing in and also their performance in the UEFA competitions. For what it's worth, I think that we probably would have got a GBE from the Exceptions Panel.

Watford employed Xisco Munoz in December 2020 and the new requirements came in to force on 1 January 2021. He had only been managing in Georgia-not a Top League-for 4 months so he probably wouldn't have got a GBE even from the Exceptions Panel.  

16 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Norway is not a Top League as per the criteria laid out in the FA's GBE Requirement for Men's Team Manager. 

https://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/gbe-criteria/gbe-mens-managers-criteria-jan-2021.ashx

That doesn't mean that we couldn't have hired him, as we could have applied to the Exceptions Panel. This panel would have made a decision based on the domestic league that Bodo/Glimt had been playing in and also their performance in the UEFA competitions. For what it's worth, I think that we probably would have got a GBE from the Exceptions Panel.

Watford employed Xisco Munoz in December 2020 and the new requirements came in to force on 1 January 2021. He had only been managing in Georgia-not a Top League-for 4 months so he probably wouldn't have got a GBE even from the Exceptions Panel.  

We certainly could have tried. Man Utd applied for and got an exception for Rangnick. But that was Man Utd, and Rangnick was being hired specifically as an interim manager until the end of the season, with a consultancy post thereafter.

46 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

We certainly could have tried. Man Utd applied for and got an exception for Rangnick. But that was Man Utd, and Rangnick was being hired specifically as an interim manager until the end of the season, with a consultancy post thereafter.

I was trying to think of other managers who would have needed an exception, forgot about him 👍

On 06/06/2022 at 10:25, king canary said:

Didn't see the Swedish Allsvenskan either. Always thought the Norwegian, Swedish and Danish leagues were relatively similar in standard.

Sod it. Now I'm intrigued. Looks like Norway and Denmark are currently very similar, Sweden a shade behind. All are some way ahead of Slovenia and Poland, which are both mentioned. So Band 5 would be a logical place for them to be located, you'd think.

Country coefficients | UEFA Coefficients | UEFA.com

Edited by TheGunnShow
Found official UEFA link instead.

On 06/06/2022 at 10:32, PurpleCanary said:

Knuts to Norway- where is our noisy neighbours’ home league listed?! Surely some mistake