Sign in to follow this  
Inch High aka Inchy..

Go get Knutsen.

On 26/02/2022 at 20:21, Sheer Canary said:

Idiot - Smith is trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear - you don’t know what your doing as the song goes (to you Indy ) 

Smith had a silk purse at Villa and he made a sows ear of that . 

• Like 1

Bumping this up as Bodo beat Roma 2-1 at home in the quarter-finals of the Conference League. This is an incredible European footballing story here. I really do hope they hold on for the semi-finals at least.

• Like 3

Change, change change- Stranglers- pray, bringing in Webber, recruiting our first ever foreign manager, the Nest, Colney transformed etc; one certainty is change change change..,.

On 26/02/2022 at 19:50, Kingston Yellow said:

Contender for ‘stupid post of the season award’, dressed up as knowing a bit more about football than the rest of us.

Bit harsh …

It was apparent before Smith was appointed that Knutsen was superior. It's now abundantly clear. Doubt he'd come now anyway.

On 26/02/2022 at 16:29, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

As soon as the season ends I still feel we should go after Knutsen from Bodo/Glimt. 

Smith never was and never will be the answer, he's too mediocre. Knusten is the kind of manager that suits us.

Smith is(dare I say it)too British and set in his ways.

I'm going to try and summarize my thoughts on this...Was Smith the better of the final choices of new manager, yes he was. Was he the best choice of manager after having such a possession/attacking minded manager no he wasn't, as they manage/coach their teams with a very different mind set / playing way.

As we somehow decided to abandon the above philosophy and start again is beyond me. Its far too early to judge Smith and he has a solid reputation at Championship level, so I imagine despite any failings of this team this season we should be able to compete in the championship again next season (providing we make some solid additions). I will judge Smith when we are quarter of the way into next season, unless this team finds a spine and starts winning enough points for safety this season, which looks very unlikely at this stage.

Edited by jaberry2
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

It is worth contemplating how Villa shot up the table once Smith left. But it’s all academic because he will be in post next season 

Or how Brentford got promoted after he'd left them.

On 26/02/2022 at 18:15, Dean Coneys boots said:

Nobody who sells a house refuses to put it on the market because they don’t know who will buy it.

So it's just like selling a house then?

Mmm🤔

On 26/02/2022 at 16:59, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

So who is going to buy the club?

No one. Norwich City are the nail house of the English Football League.

On 26/02/2022 at 09:29, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

As soon as the season ends I still feel we should go after Knutsen from Bodo/Glimt. 

Smith never was and never will be the answer, he's too mediocre. Knusten is the kind of manager that suits us.

Smith is(dare I say it)too British and set in his ways.

He was my choice back when Smith was hired.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

It is worth contemplating how Villa shot up the table once Smith left. But it’s all academic because he will be in post next season 

You can hardly say Villa shot up the table. New manager bounce, and last 8 games have seen them W-2, D-1, L-5

And Gerrard was able to spend in Jan also. Nothing for him to gloat about, considering the millions spent on the squad he inherited  

18 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Bumping this up as Bodo beat Roma 2-1 at home in the quarter-finals of the Conference League. This is an incredible European footballing story here. I really do hope they hold on for the semi-finals at least.

Bit of a controversy afterwards however; apparently Knutsen physically assaulted the Roma goalkeeping coach!

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Bit of a controversy afterwards however; apparently Knutsen physically assaulted the Roma goalkeeping coach!

Roma said Gomes attacked Knutsen, Glimt say other way around. Should ensure a lively second leg. I suspect some Mourinho gamesmanship in here.

‘A systematic attack’ – Bodo/Glimt say they have video proof of Nuno Gomes incident with Kjetil Knutsen - Eurosport

On 26/02/2022 at 18:15, Dean Coneys boots said:

Nobody who sells a house refuses to put it on the market because they don’t know who will buy it. Nor do those who refuse to put it up for sale ever discover who is interested in buying it. This is a silly argument that is always thrown out. Until the club is up for sale we simply won’t know- but looking at previous 15 years it turns out that there were lots of billionaires Interested, some good and some bad. 

It's also pretty silly to compare the sale of a football club to the sale of a house. They are not exactly comparable markets.

It's also silly to think that a football club owner saying they are not interested in selling means that they won't sell. Club owners have said that for time immemorial.... Then sold.

The whole ownership argument is stupid. It basically a game of guesswork where everyone pretends they know best. Not even that they think it would be good to sell the club, or that they think the next owner would be bad. That they know for sure that's what's in the interests of NCFC. 

Both the "not financially competitive" crowd and the "be careful what you wish for" wing have valid arguments. I really don't get why people can't just admit that changing owner might help, or it might be a disaster.

5 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Roma said Gomes attacked Knutsen, Glimt say other way around. Should ensure a lively second leg. I suspect some Mourinho gamesmanship in here.

‘A systematic attack’ – Bodo/Glimt say they have video proof of Nuno Gomes incident with Kjetil Knutsen - Eurosport

Obviously only those involved know what really went on, but it doesn't reflect well on anyone.

4 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Obviously only those involved know what really went on, but it doesn't reflect well on anyone.

Still mystified how Joey Barton got off at trial a couple of months ago after he nutted the Barnsley manager last season - no independent witnesses so just one person's word against another apparently, so the jury were selected well! 😉  

6 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And then when Knutson still gets us relegated and does not improve the team?

Yes Knutsen would have yoused 2 years to make Norwich his Norwich. 

On the other hand it would have been fun to go to champions leage in 3 years time.

Glimt have lost 5-6 off there best players  afther chrismas. Still Glimt can win against temas like Celtic and Roma. 

Glimt signings have cost around 1 Mill pound this season. Its crazy, Knutsen is the best manager I have seen in my life.

He told Norwegian media last night that he had some good offers before chrismas, but the timing was not right. And he is managing for love not for money

Edited by Olano

3 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

The Norwegian police and uefa have a video off the Roma manager ataking and strangeling Knutsen. Knutsen then defendes himself and put the Roma manager on the graound. And let him god. 

Glimt is demanding that Uefa put the video om net so the world can see It themself.

The police is investigeting the Roma manager for atacking Knutsen.

Edited by Olano

16 hours ago, 1902 said:

It's also pretty silly to compare the sale of a football club to the sale of a house. They are not exactly comparable markets.

It's also silly to think that a football club owner saying they are not interested in selling means that they won't sell. Club owners have said that for time immemorial.... Then sold.

The whole ownership argument is stupid. It basically a game of guesswork where everyone pretends they know best. Not even that they think it would be good to sell the club, or that they think the next owner would be bad. That they know for sure that's what's in the interests of NCFC. 

Both the "not financially competitive" crowd and the "be careful what you wish for" wing have valid arguments. I really don't get why people can't just admit that changing owner might help, or it might be a disaster.

We should compare selling ltd companies to selling the football club because….. it is a ltd company. I’ve been at a number of companies that were sold, none of them were ‘advertised’.

3 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

We really missed the boat with Knutsen. No chance we're getting him now.

It’s well known he wouldn’t leave mid season. We didn’t miss the boat, the boat wasn’t even in the water.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hertfordyellow said:

It’s well known he wouldn’t leave mid season. We didn’t miss the boat, the boat wasn’t even in the water.

Then why did Webber sack Farke when he did, if he didn't have a replacement on ice? 

Just now, canarybubbles said:

Then why did Webber sack Farke when he did, if he didn't have a replacement on ice? 

I don’t know, I’m not Webber. That’s not the point you were making though

14 minutes ago, hertfordyellow said:

Agreed, but it could be soon. Him sticking around to see out another title win, then even with a weakened squad wanting to take an unfashionable club into the European season sounds like he has the kind of character which would fit well here. Suggests that if he said come back and talk in the summer he'd honour that. To talk is not to say nailed on but maybes still a possible? 

3 minutes ago, crispeduk said:

Agreed, but it could be soon. Him sticking around to see out another title win, then even with a weakened squad wanting to take an unfashionable club into the European season sounds like he has the kind of character which would fit well here. Suggests that if he said come back and talk in the summer he'd honour that. To talk is not to say nailed on but maybes still a possible? 

We won’t be a big enough club. His success means teams like Dortmund would be interested 

On 08/04/2022 at 09:04, Mello Yello said:

I can visualise the scenario.....Webbo goes to Norway and Knutsen bolts.....

Yeah but could we fjord him ?

• Haha 2