Sign in to follow this  
JB

Happy clapping morons making us look ridiculous

Right after the final whistle, the Norwich players go over to our travelling fans and what do a the majority of them do? That's right, clap them. After such an abject, toothless, gutless and pathetic attempt at a performance, the players should be ashamed of themselves and so should you be for clapping if you were one of them. You're showing to the world as the media depicts us and fuelling their fire of us being "little Norwich", who put up with being beat the whole time and accepting it like saps. Please, if this is you, stop doing this and don't applaud such garbage. It really doesn't look good in front of the cameras. 

3 minutes ago, JB said:

Right after the final whistle, the Norwich players go over to our travelling fans and what do a the majority of them do? That's right, clap them. After such an abject, toothless, gutless and pathetic attempt at a performance, the players should be ashamed of themselves and so should you be for clapping if you were one of them. You're showing to the world as the media depicts us and fuelling their fire of us being "little Norwich", who put up with being beat the whole time and accepting it like saps. Please, if this is you, stop doing this and don't applaud such garbage. It really doesn't look good in front of the cameras. 

Did Lakey lead the surge with Nutty on his shoulders and Hoggy in between his legs? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

It’s not the players fault Webber bought **** players though is it?

Yes and no. For example, it's my view that if we lose but we put up a fight, applause is welcome and absolutely fine. Such a scenario occured versus Liverpool in the last game and we performed well with the same players we have now. So, therefore the players may not be good enough for the Prem, generally speaking, but they can put up a fight, as proved. Tonight though was a car crash. Dean Smith's tactical choices and team talk were well off par I suspect as were the players trying to deliver such a game plan. Whether you blame Smith (either/or/both of them), Webber or the players, why the hell anyone was applauding a nail in the coffin defeat, with a performance to match is beyond belief. Embarrassing.  

Edited by JB
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

I'm not going to criticise the few that went tonight, but I'm bloody sure I wouldn't have applauded that. 

They all have a scarf though. 

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I'm not going to criticise the few that went tonight, but I'm bloody sure I wouldn't have applauded that. 

Agreed. Long old way. 

Fundamentally, we lack quality. And to be fair I’ve seen few good performances at St Mary’s over the years. Our failure is nothing to do with Webber, Farke, Smith or the players. It’s simply the outcome of a business model that is incompatible with the PL. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, JB said:

Yes and no. For example, it's my view that if we lose but we put up a fight, applause is welcome and absolutely fine. Such a scenario occured versus Liverpool in the last game and we performed well with the same players we have now. So, therefore the players may not be good enough for the Prem, generally speaking, but they can put up a fight, as proved. Tonight though was a car crash. Dean Smith's tactical choices and team talk were well off par I suspect as were the players trying to deliver such a game plan. Whether you blame Smith (either/or/both of them), Webber or the players, why the hell anyone was applauding a nail in the coffin defeat, with a performance to match is beyond belief. Embarrassing.  

I don’t disagree with that tbf, it’s not close to just being Webber’s fault. But I don’t see the need to take it all out on the players. 

• Like 2

Actually more than a few, a good turn out. Players were just outplayed. I clapped them all, always do, as long as they put in a shift, one is showing support for the badge, the club and letting the home fans know that never mind the danger we remain loyal. Having said that one could not say this was not an improvement on DF tenure, my thoughts when the clapping has died away. At the station home fans saying good support from us, Everton much worse than.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Nah, sitting behind you on the coach home.........

Deep breath, remind yourself it’s just football and move on. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Deep breath, remind yourself it’s just football and move on. 

Indeed, I have the utmost respect for any football fan that follows their club away from home and anybody that criticises them needs to have a long hard look at themselves.........

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Indeed, I have the utmost respect for any football fan that follows their club away from home and anybody that criticises them needs to have a long hard look at themselves.........

At last, something we agree on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JB said:

Have you never been to a match?

1 hour ago, JB said:

This is amazing! I take it you were there? Having spent your money and travelled those miles and supported the team on a very difficult night? I'd hate to think you were just an armchair Arthur, watching on Sky while helping fund the rich clubs, calling those who went morons.

I bet you know who I think the morons are...

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

This is amazing! I take it you were there? Having spent your money and travelled those miles and supported the team on a very difficult night? I'd hate to think you were just an armchair Arthur, watching on Sky while helping fund the rich clubs, calling those who went morons.

I bet you know who I think the morons are...

Who watches on Sky when sitting at home? Plenty of alternative choices. 

41 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

After the game I did look at myself long and hard and finally said "Wow, that's impressive"

• Haha 2