KeiranShikari

Building a team around Gilmour and McLean

Playing Gilmour and McLean will automatically relegate us. We played better with Sorensen and PLM. These guys with Normann further up should be tried. Was hoping Sorensen would get a run of games but then he got injured. It’s surely worth a go as we can’t play any worse. We had a chance to get out of the bottom three but switching back to McLean and Gilmour has and will cost us.

• Like 3

It's a joke. The pair are so far off it, it's embarrassing to watch. What did Farke, and Smith continue to see in Mclean? 

My team;

Krul 

Byram  Hanley  Gibson  Dimi 

Normann  Sorenson/PLM 

Sargent  Rupp/Dowell    Rasica 

Pukki 

Nothing to lose now. Time we started to go for teams more, and play players that can actually take a pass and use it effectively. We need Byram's experience, and lets go for a bit of attacking threat with Dimi. See what we can do on the front foot for a change. Smith is starting to look like a rabbit in headlights... which is alarming. 

McLean will go the same way as Russ Martin. Off to Rangers, they will decide he's awful and bin him off then he'll go to a League One team or retire. That will be 12-18 months after he was an ever-present for us in the Premier League and nobody in the club will ask any questions.

I"m coming round to thinking PLM is actually our best midfielder. 

He was excellent against Watford and was unfairly dropped in my opinion to accommodate the likes of Normann and Gilmour.

I actually don't have many issues with McLean, but you simply cannot have him and Gilmour together. 

Edited by Capt. Pants
  • Like 2

Both, like the rest of the team are not good enough!

People go on about fight but if your not good enough then fight alone will not be enough most of the time anyway.

9 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Look, play Sorenson to give us a base, then all the other creative sods will be more effective   it ain't rocket science Smith!

I agree. Although Sorensen is physically not the quickest he strikes me as though he has a footballing brain and is prepared to get a tackle in early. This helps us with our counter attacking. He can also pick a pass. All of which neither Kenny or Gilmour can.

Our best midfield is Sorensen at the base, Normann and PLM. With Normann pushing forward we will be more creative and both Normann and PLM are prepared to shoot from the edge of the box.

• Like 1

I've said so many times. If you watch McClean in isolation during a game,the game passes him by.Continually out of position,in possession his passing is awful and his tackling nine times out of ten results in a foul.May win the odd header,but basically he is,in my opinion,a very poor footballer at this level.But its not his fault he's continually picked!

In all honesty, I don't see Normann being the answer to any of our problems when playing as a defensive midfielder, strikes me its not his forte.

Sorensen and Lees Melou with Normann further forward. Much prefer to see us play either 4-4-2 or 3-5-1 though.

I genuinely don’t think we have a Premier League quality midfielder at the club. That includes Normann who we all cling to because he loves a tackle and fans love a player who loves a tackle, but he doesn’t walk into any other premier league teams midfields and neither do any of the others. Its sad but it’s true. 

I think we have an absolute maximum of three players that would get game time (as a squad player) at other Premier League clubs and that is why we will be comfortably relegated.

An absolutely joke that this position hasn’t been upgraded by now. Everyone knows we need pace and power in the middle to compete. It’s just boring now watching our midfield chase shadows every game. Not getting anywhere near the opposition and brushed off the ball like a father having a kick about with his toddler son. 
I honestly don’t think this side would achieve promotion next season let alone after the departures. 

1 hour ago, vlad666 said:

An absolutely joke that this position hasn’t been upgraded by now. Everyone knows we need pace and power in the middle to compete. It’s just boring now watching our midfield chase shadows every game. Not getting anywhere near the opposition and brushed off the ball like a father having a kick about with his toddler son. 
I honestly don’t think this side would achieve promotion next season let alone after the departures. 

Totally agree with this. Have been saying relentlessly that we need six foot plus athletes who can play a bit. Just be handy to have someone who is capable of hitting a ball with power from 25 yds. Possibly a fully fit Normann playing further forward could be that player,but you need others to help him,and we have nobody able.This squad,especially the midfield,(Normann won't be here),will struggle in the Chump.A bit depressing really.We go down,come back up,same scenario as now. We go down,don't come back and become midtable hasbeens.Trouble is,I feel the powers that be will accept that with glee!