Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Will we be able to pay for Normann?

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

In the event that we stay up. wiring £11m to Russia might be somewhat frowned upon now? 

Hmmm,after today's events......as he's unlikely to be allowed to return then he may as well stay here for the foreseeable future 😉

Might get him for free. Depending on how the authorities react to the latest news, it could be that if he doesn't want to return he can tear up his contract. Not sure what Rostov could do about it if he had UEFA's backing.

• Like 3

It will be a nice problem to have.

Many on here get on their high horses about the morals of foreign ownership of questionable sources. I would like to think NCFC would not send money to Russia.

If he buys himself out of his contract, or gets it nullified, that's another matter but I doubt he has that sort of money if £11m is ballpark (or even half of it).

Unfortunately it looks even less likely Matthias will be here next season.

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

In the event that we stay up. wiring £11m to Russia might be somewhat frowned upon now? 

We could call it a  nominal payment  - then it wouldn't count! 😉 

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

We could call it a  nominal payment  - then it wouldn't count! 😉 

Don't you mean Normannal payment ?

• Haha 2

at the moment there doesn't appear to be a Country based prohibition planned, nor a currency prohibition.

so unless Rostov is state owned or has connections to the gov - then should be able to pay them. I'll have a look at Rostov ownership in the next few days and report back!

Of course the club could be bankrupt by the summer.. in which case we could get on a free a la Whittaker.. 

11 hours ago, If wed kept Howie.. said:

had a quick look... and i'm seeing government tentacles into the club.. So maybe, maybe not..

More than government tentacles, it's own by its local Oblast, essentially a state within Russia. The club is basically state-owned. Normann is on the Russian government payroll!

Edited by canarydan23

On 25/02/2022 at 07:48, canarydan23 said:

More than government tentacles, it's own by its local Oblast, essentially a state within Russia. The club is basically state-owned. Normann is on the Russian government payroll!

That means Norwich City are effectively subsidising the Russian Government, doesn't it, if they're paying his wages?  Even worse as it turns out, than taking money from more than usually dodgy betting firms.

Difficult situation for Normann to be in, poor chap.  Would very much like him to stay, whatever our status at the end of the season.

Edited by Jeremy Pymer
Addition

Normann's contract with Rostov might be regarded as having been frustrated by supervening international events amounting to  force majeure.  Let's hope UEFA/FIFA get it right.  Sure he'd be prepared to waive his 5% of the absent transfer fee if he was free and clear of Rostov.

Edited by Jeremy Pymer
Addition

11 hours ago, Jeremy Pymer said:

That means Norwich City are effectively subsidising the Russian Government, doesn't it, if they're paying his wages?  Even worse as it turns out, than taking money from more than usually dodgy betting firms.

Difficult situation for Normann to be in, poor chap.  Would very much like him to stay, whatever our status at the end of the season.

I guess it does, assuming he is Russian-based for tax purposes then a chunk of his income will go the Putin's government.

Fingers crossed the authorities get even tougher on them and allow a situation where any player contracted to a Russian club who wishes to leave is permitted to tear up the contract. I can't see what recourse Rostov could have if Normann had the backing of UEFA. Trouble is, if he stays injury-free for the rest of the season and looks as impressive as he has in some of his previous outings, there may be clubs will to pay him more than we can, so even if a situation arises where his contract with Rostov is nullified, it might not increase his chances of being a Canary next season.

If we can pay for him in Roubles we might be able to afford the fee. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

I guess it does, assuming he is Russian-based for tax purposes then a chunk of his income will go the Putin's government.

Fingers crossed the authorities get even tougher on them and allow a situation where any player contracted to a Russian club who wishes to leave is permitted to tear up the contract. I can't see what recourse Rostov could have if Normann had the backing of UEFA. Trouble is, if he stays injury-free for the rest of the season and looks as impressive as he has in some of his previous outings, there may be clubs will to pay him more than we can, so even if a situation arises where his contract with Rostov is nullified, it might not increase his chances of being a Canary next season.

He is currently living in the UK. Why would he be Russian based for tax purposes?

FIFPRO have made a request to the Russian Premier League to allow all foreign players to be able to leave as free agents. Request was made for "players' protection"