Sign in to follow this  
Canarygirl

NCFC training

Hi I was just wondering if anyone knew when the players train at Colney? I was hoping they would be there Thursday morning any ideas please as its my sons birthday and I would like to surprise him! Cheers

Hi Canarygirl, they usually train from about 10-12.30pm.  Thursdays used to be their day off, but if you need to check ring the reception number at the club and they''ll either put you through to Colney or give you the number to check.   Hope you can get up there and it''s not too cold!

And they expect to be fit and brush up on technicaland ball control skills as well as become good at football.  With that amount of work it''s a wonder they manage to start a game at all let alone finish one.  The luxury of a mid week rest, I realy do think we must have a bit more work if we are to be a force in the football world, at least double.

[quote user="canarygirl"]Hi I was just wondering if anyone knew when the players train at Colney? I was hoping they would be there Thursday morning any ideas please as its my sons birthday and I would like to surprise him! Cheers[/quote]

Training ?

Haven''t seen any evidence of it so far this season - take the lad to Banham Zoo - if you want to see monkeys, choose the real thing

I did wonder that myself.

It''s the lads birthday and your going to ruin it by taking him to see that?

Only kidding...................Wish him a Happy Birthday!

An amateur player probably doing amateur training.

Training is about a mix of VOLUME, DURATION and INTENSITY. Doing more doesnt mean you''ll get more out. Its what you do with the time. And training two nights a week gets you 4 days off with no training - hardly comparable. Unless of course you want the players knackered for match day!

We only see what happens on the pitch as opposed to in the weights room or individual work outside (running, pool sessions etc). The players are often at greens.

Wages are paid for the job you do and nothing else. Should soldiers be paid when there''s no war? But they''re paid to fight and protect us - getting paid to sit around in a barracks - laughable!!!!!

Dont judge others on your standards (those being not very high!).

Ive always been on a Thursday, Canarygirl.  If you ring the Club they will give you the number for Colney. They may tell you to ring on the morning to make sure the players are actually training.

Ive always found the players to be very accomodating with autographs and photos at the end, so dont forget your camera and pen!

I expect Rob Earnshaw will be the latest target for the fans so expect him to be mobbed !

Have fun, your kids will have a great time.

[quote user="rocky marshall"]An amateur player probably doing amateur training. Training is about a mix of VOLUME, DURATION and INTENSITY. Doing more doesnt mean you''ll get more out. Its what you do with the time. And training two nights a week gets you 4 days off with no training - hardly comparable. Unless of course you want the players knackered for match day! We only see what happens on the pitch as opposed to in the weights room or individual work outside (running, pool sessions etc). The players are often at greens. Wages are paid for the job you do and nothing else. Should soldiers be paid when there''s no war? But they''re paid to fight and protect us - getting paid to sit around in a barracks - laughable!!!!! Dont judge others on your standards (those being not very high!).[/quote]

Id love to see you run that by someone who does triathalons. Not that I did. But 2 and a half hours of training a day is a joke. And I assume that includes the skills sessions. Id have excpted 2 hours plus just of physical work.

You will find that the work done in the training has to be relative to the type of work required in the field of occupation.  You obviously have no idea of service life if you think that is what goes on.  To start with all service personnel have many duties they must perform in the course of one day in camp.  Revellie is at 6.30 am, and earlier if you are on guard duty, or an operation.  All men have another job besides going into battle, each one has an occupation. He could be a driver doing an 8 hour shift he could be a cookdoing the same or clerk or every occupation that you can think of that keeps the unit come barracks any function that is required from building briidges to making and construction of runways, putting in telecommunications line and managing Radar and rocket sites and keeping them functional and ready for battle at a moments notice.  Besides keeping fit and honing their fighting skills, training for battle after initial training is kept on a knife edge by additional manouvers which are done after normal duties are finished, this can involve high physical demands on personnel and can involve 14 and 16 hour days and often 72 hour continuous duty stints to keep a soldier or airman on his toes.

All camps in residence have an early revellie where a parade at 6.30 is mandatory hoisting the colours where an inspection of each individual is made looking for a perfectly pressed uniform, hair cut done to military rules, shaved and washed to a high standard.  There are a host of other requirements that make up a useful serviceman,  and a dose of that type of discipline would do our football namby pambies on their high pay with short hours a great deal of good.  I would like to see it also as part of our young school leavers compulsory training for employment in civvy street, it''s possible that they might turn out with a more mature idea of what life and duty could be about.  As you say training is about volume duration and intensity.   This means that you are capable of meeting the demands that life and occupation place on you.  In my opinion our players and coaches are not.!!!!

[quote user="beelsie"]

You will find that the work done in the training has to be relative to the type of work required in the field of occupation.  You obviously have no idea of service life if you think that is what goes on.  To start with all service personnel have many duties they must perform in the course of one day in camp.  Revellie is at 6.30 am, and earlier if you are on guard duty, or an operation.  All men have another job besides going into battle, each one has an occupation. He could be a driver doing an 8 hour shift he could be a cookdoing the same or clerk or every occupation that you can think of that keeps the unit come barracks any function that is required from building briidges to making and construction of runways, putting in telecommunications line and managing Radar and rocket sites and keeping them functional and ready for battle at a moments notice.  Besides keeping fit and honing their fighting skills, training for battle after initial training is kept on a knife edge by additional manouvers which are done after normal duties are finished, this can involve high physical demands on personnel and can involve 14 and 16 hour days and often 72 hour continuous duty stints to keep a soldier or airman on his toes.

All camps in residence have an early revellie where a parade at 6.30 is mandatory hoisting the colours where an inspection of each individual is made looking for a perfectly pressed uniform, hair cut done to military rules, shaved and washed to a high standard.  There are a host of other requirements that make up a useful serviceman,  and a dose of that type of discipline would do our football namby pambies on their high pay with short hours a great deal of good.  I would like to see it also as part of our young school leavers compulsory training for employment in civvy street, it''s possible that they might turn out with a more mature idea of what life and duty could be about.  As you say training is about volume duration and intensity.   This means that you are capable of meeting the demands that life and occupation place on you.  In my opinion our players and coaches are not.!!!!

[/quote]

very militaristic...  lol  personally I dont care what a player does or does not do in training as long as he performs on the saturday.  As Paul McVeigh is proving every time he steps on the pitch, he setup saturdays goal, he setup one of ernys last night all in what, 40 minutes of football.... he may not runu around in training like andy hughes but put him in a match situation and the boy can play.  Andy hughes has played 180 minutes these last 2 games and looked evry bit a pub player - unyet Worthy still picks him....

[quote user="rocky marshall"]An amateur player probably doing amateur training. Training is about a mix of VOLUME, DURATION and INTENSITY. Doing more doesnt mean you''ll get more out. Its what you do with the time. And training two nights a week gets you 4 days off with no training - hardly comparable. Unless of course you want the players knackered for match day! We only see what happens on the pitch as opposed to in the weights room or individual work outside (running, pool sessions etc). The players are often at greens. Wages are paid for the job you do and nothing else. Should soldiers be paid when there''s no war? But they''re paid to fight and protect us - getting paid to sit around in a barracks - laughable!!!!! Dont judge others on your standards (those being not very high!).[/quote]

You''re gonna regret that one Rocky...I don''t see that extra hours on the weights is going to really improve their skills is it?   I suppose it does strengthen the old legs so that you can lump the ball upfield higher and harder than before...as for the allusion to soldiers - you just had to be joking there didn''t you - I mean you can''t move in this country for soldiers hanging around street corners after a couple of hours square bashing a day - I mean what else is there for them to do????!!!!  

As for being knackered on match day - they only run around for 90 minutes (and Hughes is probably the only one to spend all that time on the move!) - did anyone notice the other day that Dalaligo came on as sub for England in Rome and then went back to the UK and played a full game for Saracens the next day...can you see one of our poor pampered darlings playing 2 games (or part games) in two days????  I think not.   I''ve said it before and I''ll continue to say it, the training ground is the root of all our problems.

Paul, I can see where you''re coming from, and if a player can and does put the work in on the pitch on match day, to me that is what is required. What I see, only too often is a missing mid-field, apart from Safri.

In this game in the championship as Worthy say''s it is about making ones self available to receive a pass, getting to the ball and winning it, and to have a passing option would be desirable, and this means more than one willing player moving into sight ready for a telling pass.  Hughes is often mentioned as being a bit headless,  I believe he is misjudged in many way because he is often bypassing others to give his team mates a passing option, and many times I have noticed there are others, better placed who could have made those same runs easier, without leaving a gap in defence to be exploited by the opposition.  We have too many in this team who are more than ready to take their feet off the gas, in stead of keeping the opposition on the back foot, only to find ourselves chasing the game again.  The most inexplicable fault is the trend for two seasons at least where our midfield players camp on the back fours toes, thereby making defence a muddle instead of a planned method of dealing with an attack.  Again I point the finger at the limited and inept coaching of our team.

[quote user="beelsie"]

Paul, I can see where you''re coming from, and if a player can and does put the work in on the pitch on match day, to me that is what is required. What I see, only too often is a missing mid-field, apart from Safri.

In this game in the championship as Worthy say''s it is about making ones self available to receive a pass, getting to the ball and winning it, and to have a passing option would be desirable, and this means more than one willing player moving into sight ready for a telling pass.  Hughes is often mentioned as being a bit headless,  I believe he is misjudged in many way because he is often bypassing others to give his team mates a passing option, and many times I have noticed there are others, better placed who could have made those same runs easier, without leaving a gap in defence to be exploited by the opposition.  We have too many in this team who are more than ready to take their feet off the gas, in stead of keeping the opposition on the back foot, only to find ourselves chasing the game again.  The most inexplicable fault is the trend for two seasons at least where our midfield players camp on the back fours toes, thereby making defence a muddle instead of a planned method of dealing with an attack.  Again I point the finger at the limited and inept coaching of our team.

[/quote]

I agree totally.. we sit very deep with the midfield too often sat right on top of the attack.  I am not too sure what goes on in the coaching side of things but a comment from Gus Poyet on Goals on Sunday made me think.  He and Zola had been at chelsea to train with (and play in a game) the current chelseas side, Chris Kamara asked Poyet whether the training was any different to when he played there under Ranieri. Poyet said yes it was totally different... and that he thoughly enjoyed it (he said it was training that you just wanted to do)

All this led me to think was yes a new manager could have a real influence on what goes on even from the basics of what goes on in the teams training.  to defending and attacking at set peices and the like.

I cant see us sacking worthy but it does go to show that a change in manager and the change in tactics/training/players picked/style of play etc could really freshen up a side. obviously it isnt guaranteed as the new manager may fail for whatever reason, but in our situation you can see why other teams have done it before and the positive effect it can have on a team.

On the point of set peices, these have been disappointing aspect of our play for Worthy''s whole tenure, apart from Mackay Headers, I cant remember even a single imaginative routine or regular scorer from set peices....  Having seen the creative plays of west ham, again it begs the question why don''t we try it??

extra weight work can toughen u up and improve ur stamina and overall fitness... however too much time on the wights can make u slow, sluggish and lose agility...

How many boxers do u think could shuttle run 100 meters in 10/11 seconds???? then how many "weedy?" footballers do u think can do it...

i wish i could work 2 and a half hours a day then sit on my backside all day and do sod all like ur average footballer does!

I read online a while back that Frank Lampard trains for 2 hours a day then goes home and sleeps for 6.. so he doesnt get "tired" Lazy git should try a week in the reakl world!

if i was a manager my players would train at least 5 hours a day... not all running i''ll admit but a lot of team workin exercises, perfromances reviews, dietry help etc... paerhaps 2 hours on the field and the other 3 in the "School room".

football can be played with the brain too

jas :)