dylanisabaddog

4 years on - when will we ever beat them?

When was the last time they beat us again? Feels like a lifetime ago.

Ā 

But don''t worry, they are a massive club. Sure they rotting away in league one and only half filling their rusty stadium but according them them they won a trophy or two when their great grandad was 5 so they are huge or something

Oh the vid from this day has to be from their perspective no? The jibes from their lot, the Titanic soundtrack, it goes on...just brilliant.

Ā 

Ā 

5 minutes ago, spencer 1970 said:

Oh the vid from this day has to be from their perspective no? The jibes from their lot, the Titanic soundtrack, it goes on...just brilliant.

Ā 

Ā 

2:16 We've done it!

Ā 

Hillarious stuff. Then again this is Alex Griffin the goldfish IQ moron who's entire post match review when we beat them 3-0 was 'Well to be honest that was unfair we deserved the win and we were the better team'

• Haha 1

I've noticed that he's changed his tackĀ and is now filling his timeline up to neutral games. A branding exercise to win over more followers, or is it he even he can't watch them anymore?Ā 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, spencer 1970 said:

I've noticed that he's changed his tackĀ and is now filling his timeline up to neutral games. A branding exercise to win over more followers, or is it he even he can't watch them anymore?Ā 

How dare you imply that Ipswich fans are turning away from the club and leaving the stadium half empty and a rotting shell.. Massive club, huge club, world famous household name club etc etc etc šŸ˜‰

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

When was the last time they beat us again? Feels like a lifetime ago.

Ā 

But don''t worry, they are a massive club. Sure they rotting away in league one and only half filling their rusty stadium but according them them they won a trophy or two when their great grandad was 5 so they are huge or something

Whilst I admire your sentiments, I wouldn't describe being just four points off the play offs as .....'rotting away in League One'.

They seem to be doing a bit better now under their latest manager, although he's yet to be really tested.

You can always tell when things are on the up for the binners as their TWTD forum becomes the Daily Norwich, and they indulge in a massive history-fest, recalling when they ruled Europe etc.

When things go badly for them, we hardly get a mention .... they still indulge in a history-fest, though.

• Haha 1

In our last 3 trips to the PL I've come across many far more detestable clubs than that lot down the road. There was a time when I was really invested in the rivalry, but between how unlikableĀ so many other clubs can be and their runaway progress off a cliff edge into obscurity I don't think they even make my top 10 least liked clubs anymore, let me have a think

Chelsea

Newcastle

West Ham

Leeds

Man Utd

Watford (sacking managers and Sh!1h0usery)

Bournemouth (Dirty team)

Brighton (Most arrogant fans in the country)

Okay I guess 9th then, IpswichĀ 

If I'm being honest outside of footballing context I don't really care that much about any of those clubs really so for Ipswich to fall in 9th place shows just how little I care about that rivalry anymore, it's nice when we beat them, but it doesn't feel as special as it used to.Ā 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

50 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Whilst I admire your sentiments, I wouldn't describe being just four points off the play offs as .....'rotting away in League One'.

Er........I wouldĀ šŸ¤—

57 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

What league are they in again? šŸ˜‰

50 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Unfortunately, maybe not for that much longer?

Why unfortunately? If they go up they go straight back down and if we end up in the same divison as them it's a promise of at least 6 points!

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Why unfortunately? If they go up they go straight back down and if we end up in the same divison as them it's a promise of at least 6 points!

@yellowrider120Ā has been forecasting hisĀ impending doom of a defeat by the binners for years. He will of course eventually be right. But as he's one of us older posters there's no guarantee we'll witness that day...

šŸ™ƒ

Ā 

3 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

Unfortunately, maybe not for that much longer?

If they get promoted this season I can only see it being via the playoffs.Ā I donā€™t know anything about the strength of their squad but was told by one of my mates who is a fan that the reason they got relegated was because they signed a load of players from 3rd and 4th tier clubs.Ā How many of their current squad would probably do well in the Championship? Yes they are wealthier than us but I canā€™t see them signing many top notch Championship players if they do get promotedĀ 

Yes Iā€™m pretty sure weā€™ll get relegated but donā€™t think weā€™ll lose many of our current first teamĀ regulars. I think Pukki still has a decent season left in him, and that Rashica, Sargent, Tzolis, Lees-MelouĀ and Idah will all do well in the Championship. DowellĀ also certainly isnā€™t poor at that level either.

I think they will get promoted in the next few seasons, but when they last beat us we were also in a Championship relegation battle and now we seem to have changed toĀ a PL yoyo team. IfĀ weā€™re in the same league as them next season I can only see us being in a promotion battle and them in a relegation battle

Edited by HazzaJet

8 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

In our last 3 trips to the PL I've come across many far more detestable clubs than that lot down the road. There was a time when I was really invested in the rivalry, but between how unlikableĀ so many other clubs can be and their runaway progress off a cliff edge into obscurity I don't think they even make my top 10 least liked clubs anymore, let me have a think

Chelsea

Newcastle

West Ham

Leeds

Man Utd

Bournemouth (Dirty team)

If I'm being honest outside of footballing context I don't really care that much about any of those clubs really so for Ipswich to fall in 9th place shows just how little I care about that rivalry anymore, it's nice when we beat them, but it doesn't feel as special as it used to.Ā 

can't say I've ever had 1 interaction with a Brighton fan šŸ˜‚ what have they done to irk you so badly?

14 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

When they failed the previous what, 2 or 3 seasons? I think that's a fair comment

12 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

If they get promoted this season I can only see it being via the playoffs.Ā I donā€™t know anything about the strength of their squad but was told by one of my mates who is a fan that the reason they got relegated was because they signed a load of players from 3rd and 4th tier clubs.Ā How many of their current squad would probably do well in the Championship? Yes they are wealthier than us but I canā€™t see them signing many top notch Championship players if they do get promotedĀ 

Yes Iā€™m pretty sure weā€™ll get relegated but donā€™t think weā€™ll lose many of our current first teamĀ regulars. I think Pukki still has a decent season left in him, and that Rashica, Sargent, Tzolis, Lees-MelouĀ and Idah will all do well in the Championship. DowellĀ also certainly isnā€™t poor at that level either.

I think they will get promoted in the next few seasons, but when they last beat us we were also in a Championship relegation battle and now we seem to have changed toĀ a PL yoyo team. IfĀ weā€™re in the same league as them next season I can only see us being in a promotion battle and them in a relegation battle

Rashica would do well in The Championship as you say. Bit of a problem in that it won't be with us as he'll be the first out of the door come the summer window!Ā  Ā Ā 

10 hours ago, Jimmy Raggatip said:

can't say I've ever had 1 interaction with a Brighton fan šŸ˜‚ what have they done to irk you so badly?

Ā 

18 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Chelsea

Newcastle

West Ham

Leeds

Man Utd

Bournemouth (Dirty team)

Liverpool surely need a mention?!?!

16 hours ago, Jimmy Raggatip said:

They think they're a massive club because their sugar daddy has bought them a new stadium and a good team. I checked out their forum during the Pritchard transfer and it was hilarious, absolutely no humility shown they apparently have the potential to play in Europe because of how rich their sugardaddy is and how nice their stadium is and why would a player pick us over them when they're such a big club. They talk like they're equal to a Wolves or Leicester or something yet they're a L1/2 level club that just happen to have a rich person buying them nice things, other clubs are like that but their fans at least have a sense of humor and some humility, not those lot, can't stand them.Ā 

Ā 

7 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

Rashica would do well in The Championship as you say. Bit of a problem in that it won't be with us as he'll be the first out of the door come the summer window!Ā  Ā Ā 

Iā€™m not saying theyā€™ll all stay, but thereā€™s no saying Rashicaā€™s going yet. Personally I think he has a much better attitude than Buendia, and that we will only accept offers in the region of Ā£20m+ as he would play a massive part for us in our bid for promotion and has a sell on clause in him