Sign in to follow this  
East Rider

Big decisions not taken

Mane should have been booked for a clear dive first half and Alison for the clear handball. Still not sure if Salah's goal was initially offside from the goal kick (I know he can't be offside in his own half but...)

I'm in no way saying it wold have changed the result however, it may have stopped the momentum for them and given us a half chance when needed.

Big decisions, neither taken in our favour

Funny one the Alison one. Looked a clear handball outside the area so which counter-factual (i.e. he does not deliberately handball it outside the area) do we use say whether he stopped a clear opportunity or not? If he slides passed the ball and doesn’t touch it Pukki has a tap in (so red card). Or do we say he picks it up and releases it on the line and Pukki has no chance (yellow card). Or do we ignore the laws completely, not use VAR at all for a possible red card (as it is one scenario..), and move on. 

Edited by Jezzard

Let's not forget Billy getting his face pulled in the wide left position.  Completely ignored and never checked.

Anyone know what happened with the Gilmour shot before their goal, too? Pukki and Billy both stood claiming for something but I don't know what it was!?

9 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Let's not forget Billy getting his face pulled in the wide left position.  Completely ignored and never checked.

Anyone know what happened with the Gilmour shot before their goal, too? Pukki and Billy both stood claiming for something but I don't know what it was!?

Never saw that, what happened?

I think that Pukki and Gilmour were looking for a foul on Gilmour when he was about to shoot.

Edited by Jambomo

Luiz tackle on Aaron’s in the first half as well. Worse than the challenge Williams was booked for and not even a foul.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

I’d like to see the Salah goal again to see if he’s onside. Sure it was checked……

I thought he was offside at first, but I looked at the reply and McLean played him onside. He was standing to the right/left (depending on which way you are looking) but too far away to do anything useful. The defender close to Salah had been more careful and made sure he stayed the correct side of Salah.

Edited by canarybubbles

22 hours ago, Jambomo said:

Never saw that, what happened?

I'm not sure as I can't find any footage, but start of first half he was down their end of the pitch on the wide left, and Gomez reached his hand round his head pulled him.  Billy laid on the floor for quite some time, and you see Gomez reach his hand out to apologise a little later in the middle of the field.

Edit: Found the full second half on a streaming site so captured it, at 45:22 minute mark of match here:-

1310745052_Gilmourpull.gif.529fb5f5d703d4d6c29e2edf2e8e0e4a.gif

Watching that back, I cannot believe it wasn't checked.  Looks like Gomez even stops momentarily thinking it's a foul.

Oh to be a big club.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I'm not sure as I can't find any footage, but start of first half he was down their end of the pitch on the wide left, and Gomez reached his hand round his head pulled him.  Billy laid on the floor for quite some time, and you see Gomez reach his hand out to apologise a little later in the middle of the field.

Edit: Found the full second half on a streaming site so captured it, at 45:22 minute mark of match here:-

1310745052_Gilmourpull.gif.529fb5f5d703d4d6c29e2edf2e8e0e4a.gif

Watching that back, I cannot believe it wasn't checked.  Looks like Gomez even stops momentarily thinking it's a foul.

Oh to be a big club.

If Grant Hanley had done that to Mo Salah Norwich City would have been referred to The Hague let alone VAR.

Big club bias is horrendous, I hate this league so much.

6 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

If Grant Hanley had done that to Mo Salah Norwich City would have been referred to The Hague let alone VAR.

Big club bias is horrendous, I hate this league so much.

On the plus side, at least VAR is actually making it even more obvious this (allegedly unconscious) bias exists.

Somebody needs to set up a website dedicated to this ****.

***Edit***: Wasn't there a blatantly obvious offside against us recently resulting in the oppo scoring a goal, which VAR then admitted they "missed"? Everton I think?

Edited by Ian
formatting screwed

Its Liverpool. VAR only applies when its going to help them. The only time it gets used against the big clubs is if it stands a chance of adding drama to the Premier League title or champions league race.

• Like 1