Sign in to follow this  
Capt. Pants

Who is going to score the goals?

Winnable matches coming up but who can put the ball in the net? Pukki looks a bit off the pace, had a great chance first half and didn't even hit the target.

Not sure what Deano can do to shuffle the pack a bit, but we are looking toothless up front.

I guess Rowe coming on suggests that he’s probably the next in line striker-wise. It would be interesting to see him get more game time, maybe in the cup, and see how he looks.

Edited by Jambomo

Just now, Jambomo said:

I guess Rowe coming on suggests that he’s probably the next in line striker-wise. It would be interesting to see him get more game time, maybe in the cup, and see how he looks.

He is listed as midfield on the club website.

• Like 1

Genuinely can't believe we didn't go for a striker in Jan. At least someone with maybe an eye for the championship next season...

We want to play a 442 against near-peer teams, and yet the club have left the manager with one out of form striker.

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

He is listed as midfield on the club website.

Oh, for some reason I got it into my head he was a forward. 

We spent our budget in the summer and, Rashica aside, we largely got it wrong with permanent signings.

Should have taken the £20m spent on Tzolis and Sargent and spent it on one decent striker. Then got a decent winger on loan, rather than Kabak.

But, you know, hindsight and all that.

27 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Pukki and Rashica?

I wondered about that, but then we lose his runs on the left. I think it's probably a case of getting more players in and around Teemu, or at least supporting the attack better. It was very difficult today as up against a world class team, but with the games coming up we do need to commit to getting more players forward and the likes of McLean and Normann having options to aim at.

45 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Pukki and Rashica?

Rashica looked very good today. To be fair, he had the space to run into. But he made use of it. One on one and he is favourite.  But teams will now know that I guess. 

He is the service. But we need more than one contesting his crosses.

I wouldn't waste him playing more central.

• Like 1

Rashica every game grow up and show his class but same time Pukki look like veteran striker since 5 6 games at least.

Today we play really good but with Idah out of season ,Teemu  body language and today's results ...