Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

I would say that’s it

What a terrible weekend  for us Burnley and Watford winning Newcastle winning and they all have games in hand . Paying the price for not investing in the summer and jan yet again . Excellent performance from city today but lack of quality striker is costing us through missed chances 

We were relegated with our loss to Watford on Halloween. Is what it is. Here's hoping that the club give Smith all the funds needed for a big squad change and clearout for the championship next season but somehow I doubt they will.

Most definitely. Bottom of the league once again.  It’s all over, our illustrious owners and DOF have seen to that! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Yellowhammer said:

Paying the price for not investing in the summer and jan yet again . 

And paying the price for the recruitment guy’s arrogance far exceeding his ability.

• Like 1

I said before the game our result didn't matter as much as the games for the teams around us who were all playing sides who they were favourites to lose, the fact that they've all pretty much won has all but relegated us. 

Time to look to next season so stop playing Gilmour for a start. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, raunds canary said:

I'd hate to have been on the Titanic with any of you. We were never going to beat man city or Liverpool. We march on to st marys!

We sink just like the titanic. Self sufficient indeed!

I suspect we will go down, and it's obviously a bit of a kick in the teeth to be bottom again, but I'm not sure Burnley and Watford's results are that relevant. We've got better fixtures coming up where we can hope/expect to go back above them. 

In that context, Brentford and Everton losing today is great for us. Newcastle's point is annoying, but I suspect we're not going to be looking at their results for much longer.

As far as I'm concerned we have just as much of a chance as we did this morning. And it sounds like a decent, determined performance. 

The boys are doing their best. Let's try to be positive.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Most on here would make ****e managers of any kind. Good job Dean Smith sees it differently. 

Imagine being a Watford/Burnley etc player and knowing one of your rivals has given up.

It's The Newcastle, Burnley, Brentford home games that will ultimately decide our fate.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, raunds canary said:

I'd hate to have been on the Titanic with any of you. We were never going to beat man city or Liverpool. We march on to st marys!

That went down didn’t it? 

8 minutes ago, raunds canary said:

Just who would you have liked to endure certain death with then? 

9 minutes ago, raunds canary said:

I don't think people are annoyed because we didn't win today or Vs Man City - it's down to the other results going so badly against us that the situation looks far bleaker than it did. Was always going to be a hard ask to survive, but today's games have made things harder by 10 fold 

Edited by JB

7 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I said before the game our result didn't matter as much as the games for the teams around us who were all playing sides who they were favourites to lose, the fact that they've all pretty much won has all but relegated us.

As per every season, there will be more twists and turns between now and the end of the year.

Hopefully the players have got a bit more bottle than some of the posters on here.

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

We were relegated with our loss to Watford on Halloween. Is what it is. Here's hoping that the club give Smith all the funds needed for a big squad change and clearout for the championship next season but somehow I doubt they will.

It was Leeds on Halloween, wasn't it? Anyway, if you'd told me then we'd still be in contention at the end of February I'd have been delighted, wouldn't you? I still think it's unlikely, but DS has given us a chance. No time to give up

Edited by Robert N. LiM
  • Like 1

Until the maths tell me otherwise, I will still believe. This is not about predicting if we go down or not, that's to be suspended when the team are playing.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, raunds canary said:

Blimey, you would be knocking on a bit now if you were.

2 minutes ago, JB said:

today's games have made things harder by 10 fold 

Strongly disagree with this. I'm pretty sure that for us to stay up we have to finish above Brentford. We're just as close to them now as we were this morning. 

Hate to agree but you’re right, the bottom three come the seasons end, will be the bottom three as it is right now sadly.

We are toast and not getting the luck needed.

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Until the maths tell me otherwise, I will still believe. This is not about predicting if we go down or not, that's to be suspended when the team are playing.

Exactly. Chucking the towel in already is daft however unlikely our survival seems.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

It was Leeds on Halloween, wasn't it? Anyway, if you'd told me then we'd still be in contention at the end of February I'd have been delighted, wouldn't you?. I still think it's unlikely, but DS has given us a chance. No time to give up

Well yes, we actually played Watford in September. Not sure why he keeps chuntering out the same old ****.

Hopefully the players have more fight.

• Like 1

Nearly 40 points to play for, of course the season isn't over. Some on here seem to lack resilience and the stomach for a fight. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KernowCanary said:

Hate to agree but you’re right, the bottom three come the seasons end, will be the bottom three as it is right now sadly.

We are toast and not getting the luck needed.

Burnley will be massively buoyed from today, they may well catch Brentford.

Woulld be a sad state of affairs for English football if all 3 promoted sides go back down. Would be the nail in the coffin for us having a competitive league as opposed to a money one. 

• Like 1

Not very insightful to suggest we are already down and you would get many agreeing. However, we have just given liverpool a game, in their own back yard, scored two goals (one disallowed), without being embarrassed.

We let in 8 goals against man city and this lot early on and have just scored two and started very brightly against them a few months later.

There is still a chance and in no way should people just write us off that quick after the general turn a round since Smith and Shakesphere came in.

Difficult? yes. Impossible? No

I am pretty sure we will drop but I am very pleased in the improvements Smith and Shakey have installed and I believe we will be very competitive in the Championship again next season

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Woulld be a sad state of affairs for English football if all 3 promoted sides go back down. Would be the nail in the coffin for us having a competitive league as opposed to a money one

Hopefully that would be a bit of a wake-up call, especially if Fulham, Bournemouth and West Brom all come back up. (I know they weren't the three relegated clubs, but pretty close to it)

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Burnley will be massively buoyed from today, they may well catch Brentford.

It's their second win of the season. Let's not get carried away.

To stay up, as Ricardo says, we will have to improve our goal difference. Its no good saying it doesn't matter. Ours is minus 38 and it matters a lot.  We concede two a game on average. Yet have only scored 15. It doesn't take much working out.