Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Liverpool (PL) ****

Very thin on offensive options. I wonder will we see 3 at the back during the game?

Liverpool bench very strong which could well decide the result if we are still in the mix after 65/70 mins.

Good luck today lads! OTBC!

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Normann's ready for the match. Are you?

d72e9001bd676afb864486ca20664b505eeb3876

I prefer the Megan Rapinoe look. Brown hair is a bit ordinary.

Byram for Aarons is the only change I'd have made. 

Think we're really seeing how daft it was to spend £10million on Tzolis when surely it would have been better spent on a player we could have used this season. 

• Like 1

Zimmers in the squad but not Tzolis?! Whass gorn onn?  Tzolis must be injured surely?  He's the only one replacement who has done well as CF.

I'd actually throw Kabak up front if Pukki gets a knock or anything.  Need upper body strength in this league.

10 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

That's a challenging w*NK!

Edited by Chelm Canary

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

What is going on with tzolis. Bought with so much promise/hype....

surely can't be the second coming of RVW? 

RvW was at least given game time. 

7 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Byram for Aarons is the only change I'd have made. 

Think we're really seeing how daft it was to spend £10million on Tzolis when surely it would have been better spent on a player we could have used this season. 

Mad that anyone would think otherwise really - although clearly the intention was for him to have some impact this season. I can’t m imagine Webber would’ve signed him knowing that he’d have been behind Rowe 6 months later!

14 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Only thing that's not photo-shopped is his sports socks...... 

1 minute ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Mad that anyone would think otherwise really - although clearly the intention was for him to have some impact this season. I can’t m imagine Webber would’ve signed him knowing that he’d have been behind Rowe 6 months later!

Disastrous signing by Webber. What was that arrogant phrase he used to slag off the previous regime, something about doing something against a wall??!! 

1 minute ago, canarybubbles said:

Is it written in McLean's contract that he cannot be dropped?

Who would you have chosen over him? He played well against Citeh, a lot better than PLM.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Disastrous signing by Webber. What was that arrogant phrase he used to slag off the previous regime, something about doing something against a wall??!! 

Yes, I can absolutely see the similarities between signing a highly-rated young player with considerable resale value on affordable wages, with signing an ageing Naismith, who didn't want to be here, on stupid wages, crippling the club for the next few seasons.

That's before we even get onto the fact Tzolis has only been here half a season, and may well come good in the near future.

Always amazes me how reactionary some of our fans are.

• Like 5

Just now, king canary said:

Tzolis seems to be dropping like a stone right now.

Maybe he wore one of Cantwells Alice Bands and it went to his head.

Edited by KiwiScot

4 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Who would you have chosen over him? He played well against Citeh, a lot better than PLM.

Disagree. I think PLM has been better on average over the last few games, but we'll have to agree to differ.

• Like 1

Unless the club has a crystal ball then it can't be guaranteed that a signing will work. Could be anything; home sickness, lack of confidence, inability/unwillingness to do defensive work, who knows. Some signings come off, some don't, that's life. 

5 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

That's the issue really isn't it? McLeans work rate gets him in, but we all know he's not anywhere near Premier quality in terms of ability, but neither are any of our other options (Normann aside), the fact McLean is still first choice is a massive massive failing on Webber's part, which of course brings us back to pissing £10million on Tzolis. 

22 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

A blessing surely ?

Harsh. I like Chris Goreham's commentary.

9 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

That's the issue really isn't it? McLeans work rate gets him in, but we all know he's not anywhere near Premier quality in terms of ability, but neither are any of our other options (Normann aside), the fact McLean is still first choice is a massive massive failing on Webber's part, which of course brings us back to pissing £10million on Tzolis. 

Exactly we don’t have 3 Normann’s so Kenny is always going to be in contention for a midfield berth and definitely starting in a 3 IMO.

Edited by Monty13
Spelling

14 minutes ago, Ian said:

Yes, I can absolutely see the similarities between signing a highly-rated young player with considerable resale value on affordable wages, with signing an ageing Naismith, who didn't want to be here, on stupid wages, crippling the club for the next few seasons.

That's before we even get onto the fact Tzolis has only been here half a season, and may well come good in the near future.

Always amazes me how reactionary some of our fans are.

While I agree with your sentiment I also agree with the criticism of his transfer. It’s not a case of he hasn’t come good yet like PLM, Rashica and Sargent who took time but are now proving why we bought them. He hasn’t been in contention, he hasn’t been playing. It’s hard not to see it in the context of this season so far as a complete waste of money, even if long term he becomes a great signing.

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

While I agree with your sentiment I also agree with the criticism of his transfer. It’s not a case of he hasn’t come good yet like PLM, Rashica and Sargent who took time but are now proving why we bought them. He hasn’t been in contention, he hasn’t been playing. It’s hard not to see it in the context of this season so far as a complete waste of money, even if long term he becomes a great signing.

This is all well and good, but it ignores the fact that when he was signed, he was said to be one for the future.

As has been said a million times before, the only question then is, could we afford to sign a player for the future for that amount rather than find a player who could be good for the now, or add it to a transfer pot and sign a £15-20m player rather than an £8-9m player. That debate will never end, with hindsight being wonderful.

1 minute ago, crab man said:

Looks like Byram 

Put money on it being Zimbo.

Klopp isn't short, he's 6'2". That player is a similar or taller height. Not to mention the Dortmund connection.

Edited by chicken