BaltimoreBird

Liverpool Predictions

I can't see anything better than a 5-0 win to Liverpool. Get that done (and the FA Cup), and really knuckle down to blitz some points from the remaining games in a final fight. 

Prediction - A chilling reminder of the toxicity and feckless stupidity of this league and it’s long term future 

Edited by The Real Buh
  • Like 1

As City supporters we can always fantasise about pulling off a freak result against the likes of Liverpool but within thirty minutes of the kick-off reality generally kicks in and that vital second goal goes against us.

I suppose that by the end of the season one of the minnows/strugglers will get a surprise result against either the 'Pool or Citeh and I suppose that Norwich City are as likely as any. Today doesn't seem to have that feel about it though. We live in hopes.

180 minutes against Liverpool in quick succession is pretty big-time with good exposure for the club. Hardly mid-Championship mediocrity for sure.

I expect us to have a better chance of succeeding in the cup game as they may have other distractions, but that's been said many times before.

Total scores after the 180: Liverpool 5 Norwich 2, with four of their goals coming today whilst we draw a blank .. hic!

Edited by BroadstairsR

Just checked some stats from the BBC:

Liverpool are unbeaten in the past 15 Premier League meetings, winning 13 and scoring 47 goals.

Norwich's 1-0 win in 1994 is their solitary victory in their past 12 league attempts at Anfield. They have scored seven goals in total during that run. 

Liverpool average 2.8 goals per game in the Premier League against Norwich, scoring 53 times in 19 fixtures. It's their highest rate against any side they have faced at least five times in the division.

Not sure why, think we may loose this one with the average score being Liverpool 3.62 Norwich 0.58.  So we might score half a goal….I’d take it! 

We should actually use these kind of games to let some of the youngsters have a go along side a few of the more experienced players to get them hardened up for next season

Edited by Helsinki canary

Today would've been Justin Fashanu's 61st birthday.

For that reason I'm going for a 8 man passing move which ends with Pukki passing the ball to Sargent who flicks it up and sledge-hammers it into the top corner on 61 mins.

• Like 2

3-0 loss 😒

Other games are more important for us today. Need West Ham, Villa, Arsenal and Brighton to be getting wins as well United tomorrow. 

56 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

It doesn’t matter what we lose by today as we are never going to survive if it comes down to GD. 

Yea you are right, that boat sailed a long time ago so it’s not worth worrying about.

Based on the training footage I think we're going to put more emphasis on possession this game.

Expect at least 2 goals from screw-ups at the back.

Although of course, we could've just been imitating what Liverpool do in training and will keep to current style.

In which case, expect at least 2 goals from screw-ups at the back.

Oh wait, does it not matter what we do, then?  Let's try this..

In training we were flying helicopters and dropping bananas on the pitch.

Expect at least 2 goals from screw-ups at the back.

Yup... As I thought.

23 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

Prediction - A chilling reminder of the toxicity and feckless stupidity of this league and it’s long term future 

I feel I was right here lol!

Just now, Crabbycanary3 said:

Don't you always?🤷‍♂️

There’s a lot of boards on here where it’s very easy to be right