Sign in to follow this  
Worthy Nigelton

Brandon Williams

Given he's made it clear how much he's enjoying his time here, he may want to keep the door open to a permanent move? No one is trying harder than him to keep Norwich in the Premier League... 

1 minute ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

Given he's made it clear how much he's enjoying his time here, he may want to keep the door open to a permanent move? No one is trying harder than him to keep Norwich in the Premier League... 

If we manage to stay up I reckon he would be up for a permenant move. Doubt it if we go down to the Champ though.

He's probably not at the level Man Utd will be wanting. Obviously he'll want to make it there but the question is, who much does he want football? What does he consider to be the ceiling of his ability. If he backs himself to succeed at the highest level and Utd dont make it clear he has no future he'll stay. Im sure he'll have plenty of suitors

If we go down there is no way he will be playing for us next season. 

Like Skippy last year, he is using the loan system brilliantly to show what he can do and not like a season off like some loans end up as. 

He will soon get picked up by a mid prem team.

I like Williams, aesthetically he looks like he should be in a 90s boy band but beneath that well-preened metrosexual facade is a real tenacity and some fight about him, if only we could have said the same exabout Todd Cantwell this season. 

Wouldn't surprise me if he made it at Man Utd under the right manager, Gary Neville had a similar set of strengths (loaded towards mentality rather than technicality).

Definitely won't be in a yellow shirt next season if we go down.

3 hours ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Not re-writing anything, as I said in my post, I sent messages praising Williams to my brother in law at the time. For me I dont see any major difference in his performances. Only the perception of the fans. Football is a game all about opinions. Im simply stating mine that I thought he was impressive right from the start, and whilst I thought he was playing well, other fans were slagging him off

Fair enough. I think most fans thought he was not up to much to start off with though...

Rangnick apparently wants him back, one assumes to assess his standard for pre season before deciding whether he is good enough or not. I suspect he will become a bit part player at Man U unless he leaves. I cant see him moving to Norwich permanently but they are the type of signings which should be making.

2 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Rangnick apparently wants him back, one assumes to assess his standard for pre season before deciding whether he is good enough or not. I suspect he will become a bit part player at Man U unless he leaves. I cant see him moving to Norwich permanently but they are the type of signings which should be making.

He's probably good enough to be a squad player there, and his versatility probably counts against him a little bit in that he wont be considered first choice in any position but a capable deputy in many. All comes down to what he wants himself. If he is happy being in and around a club like Manchester Utd and being a bit of a John O'Shea (and no shame in that) then why wouldnt he stay?

If he has a burning desire to be first choice in whatever position he settles in and has international ambitions etc, then he may well move on to wherever that is a possibility.

• Like 1

He always strikes me as a player who wouldn't look out of place in the Leeds team of the 60s. I don't mean that he's dirty, but he's certainly competitive and seems to relish a crunching tackle. I think he's been excellent for us once he settled in.

This is the same as anything in life, the more you enjoy it, the better you do it.

Brandon thoroughly enjoys playing the game and he is getting the opportunity to play rather than sit on benches.

As a result he improves enormously.