Crabbycanary3

Adam Idah out for the season

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Gutted for him. 

Realistically it's probably our slim chance of survival gone too.

My thoughts exactly

Having two complementary, improving, quality strikers was one necessary, although not sufficient, condition for hauling in the  shocking number of points we need

Edited by GenerationA47
  • Like 1

Not good at all, really to stay up we need everything to go in our favour and this is just the latest in a long line of things going against us,

covid preseason, fixture list, var, injuries to key players, covid again, now injuries again

Time to bet the house on ridiculous var decision robbing in the near future

Wow that is an absolute killer blow. He'd really started to look the part too.

Keeping Sargent fit is now absolutely essential. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

Not good at all, really to stay up we need everything to go in our favour and this is just the latest in a long line of things going against us,

covid preseason, fixture list, var, injuries to key players, covid again, now injuries again

Time to bet the house on ridiculous var decision robbing in the near future

We really have had awful fortune this season, it all started with pre season being a mess due to covid. This is proper terrible luck but as always its an opportunity for somebody else to step up and grab the opportunity with both hands.

It's an opportunity for Sargent to have more chances up top and for Placheta to push on out wide. 

It may be making the decision to send Onel back out on loan look a poor one though, I felt we needed that little bit of additional depth personally. 

• Like 5

Real shame this is. The 2 up top was really looking good. Ever the optimist though and a chance for summer signings to really step up. Everyone is crying out for Tzolis to get a run. The kid has an eye for goal do maybe stick him up top with Teemu with Milot and Josh on the wings. Not for Liverpool though. 4-5-1 it has to be

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

It's an opportunity for Sargent to have more chances up top and for Placheta to push on out wide. 

It may be making the decision to send Onel back out on loan look a poor one though, I felt we needed that little bit of additional depth personally. 

No because Onel isn't good enough for this level

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Gutted for him. 

Realistically it's probably our slim chance of survival gone too.

I think so.... Can't see where the ghouls will come from now.  Lots of 0-0's I suspect.

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

I think so.... Can't see where the ghouls will come from now.  Lots of 0-0's I suspect.

Well, if our strikers can ghost in around the back, we may be lucky

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, WD40 said:

If only we’d strengthened in Jan

This was raised in January, if we lose a Pukki, Sargent, Idah then we could be in trouble. 

Low and behold it's happened. Having to rely on a Tzolis who is sooooo short on confidence and so off the pace, Rowe who clearly isn't ready for this level, or Placheta who doesn't really offer us anything apart from being quick.

Poor leadership there I'm afraid, I don't like to fault Webber or the owners but Smith had put us in a much better position than Farke and we've not helped the guy there.

• Like 1

That’s devastating for him the club and us. Agree with others just not convinced we have the  firepower to stay up now. Hope am proved wrong ! Just when we looked like we might have found a formula that worked with combinations. We were always paper thin up front anyway and just reiterates the woeful January by the club not strengthening I couldn’t believe they didn’t get someone from abroad on loan to help out up top .. we never had enough strikers at beginning of season anyway. Who can step in ? Also Still find it strange we didn’t recall Hernandez …

2 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Well, if our strikers can ghost in around the back, we may be lucky

If not, the spectre of relegation looms. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Terribly unlucky on a personal level for Adam and the club. Feel for him - so easily injured and very difficult to repair, the meniscus that is. I have some personal experience of it and it took over a year to be pain free, although I'm sure his treatment will be better! I certainly couldn't play more than once a week afterwards.

14 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Jury’s out on quite a few and Onel at least has confidence and energy.

So does a chicken with its head removed. 

Poor Adam though, terrible injury .

Edited by wcorkcanary

27 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Not enough options up top. The defenders see right-through our strikers at the moment.

Gutted for Adam, was really thinking he was making some progress getting a goal or two and playing with a bit of form. All eyes on Sargent now. 

To those saying we should have strengthened I do agree we should have signed someone (a CDM or right winger ideally) but striker is not an area we would have been looking at considering we have 3 on the books for what we originally one position. 

• Like 1

Recall Onel, simple as that.  Don't even **** about - we cannot go the rest of this season with just Pukki and Sarge. Why take the risk when you can act now?  Gives us the option of energy and strength up top, and backup if Sarge came into the middle.

We have 4 keepers for one spot, and 3 center forwards for 2 (one of which is seemingly a wide player now).  The balance is just out of whack.

Gutted for Idah, too.

35 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

This was raised in January, if we lose a Pukki, Sargent, Idah then we could be in trouble. 

Low and behold it's happened. Having to rely on a Tzolis who is sooooo short on confidence and so off the pace, Rowe who clearly isn't ready for this level, or Placheta who doesn't really offer us anything apart from being quick.

Poor leadership there I'm afraid, I don't like to fault Webber or the owners but Smith had put us in a much better position than Farke and we've not helped the guy there.

Yep this was inevitable. If we had any ambition to stay up we should have invested. Forward crisis today, defensive crisis tomorrow. 

45 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

In an ideal world Tzolis would be ready to step in. But as it stands, I would like to see Milot alongside Teemu and Giannoulis on the wing, if we are playing to win rather than not lose.

4 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Recall Onel, simple as that.  Don't even **** about - we cannot go the rest of this season with just Pukki and Sarge. Why take the risk when you can act now?  Gives us the option of energy and strength up top, and backup if Sarge came into the middle.

We have 4 keepers for one spot, and 3 center forwards for 2 (one of which is seemingly a wide player now).  The balance is just out of whack.

Gutted for Idah, too.

Dont think we can...

Id even take Drmic back at this point

45 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

This is back to the “we need 5 (or even more) centre backs” argument. Who would come to us, for what we can pay, to be at best second choice after Teemu, and what impact would that have on the development of our younger strikers?

We had three strikers plus potential options like Rowe, plus we can use wingers more centrally. Spending extra - that we could afford - on a striker would have been wasted money and only seems like it should have been done with hindsight.

• Like 3

Well that most certainly is that, relegation duly confirmed (as if there was any real doubt anyway) after the dropped points v Palace and the Newcastle resurgence. For years now we have had this obsession with relying on just one striker in Pukki. Other, 'notional' strikers in the squad have been starved of meaningful opportunities and / or not of sufficient quality. Finally Idah has been given a proper run under DS and was beginning to look as if he might well make the cut. Now who is there? Sargent is the only other striker in the squad and he looks far more suited to an irritating (for the opposition), workaholic, role on the right wing where he also offers a good aerial outlet. Not DS's fault as he has had no brown envelopes of cash to spend and so we are reaping the rewards of failed recruitment under Webber and the previous 'Head Coach'.  

• Like 1