Sign in to follow this  
Myra Hawtree

Liverpool FA Cup

The pink'un story suggests only 2,000 tickets available for Norwich fans for this tie, is this right?  This seems incredibly low allocation given for FA Cup 15% of capacity has to be made available to the away club, which is c. 7,500 at Anfield.  Seems to me the club has only taken the "standard" league allocation, just a corner of the Anfield Road end.    Given the league match sold out, I know its midweek but looks like my only chance is to join the tourists in the home ends.

8 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

The pink'un story suggests only 2,000 tickets available for Norwich fans for this tie, is this right?  This seems incredibly low allocation given for FA Cup 15% of capacity has to be made available to the away club, which is c. 7,500 at Anfield.  Seems to me the club has only taken the "standard" league allocation, just a corner of the Anfield Road end.    Given the league match sold out, I know its midweek but looks like my only chance is to join the tourists in the home ends.

Very strange. Feels as though we have done a deal with Liverpool to take a lower share?

Don’t really see the justification for taking such a small allocation. This is a bonus game from which we are going to earn several hundred thousand pounds. Even if we ended up with 2000 unsold (which we won’t) it would eat into that by about £50k. Seems another money driven decision by the commercial side of the club that doesn’t really understand our away support. 

Edited by Jim Smith

13 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Don’t really see the justification for taking such a small allocation. This is a bonus game from which we are going to earn several hundred thousand pounds. Even if we ended up with 2000 unsold (which we won’t) it would eat into that by about £50k. Seems another money driven decision by the commercial side of the club that doesn’t really understand our away support. 

Could you honestly see us selling 6,000 + tickets for a Wednesday night trip to Anfield? 

1 minute ago, lincsy88 said:

Could you honestly see us selling 6,000 + tickets for a Wednesday night trip to Anfield? 

No but the usual allocation is 3,000. Which I could see us selling. 

Also interested in who these “away season ticket holders” are who get their tickets sent to them automatically since the away season ticket scheme officially no longer exists. 

45 minutes ago, lincsy88 said:

Yes - itv hasn’t helped by giving it as late a kick off as possible, anyone travelling from the Fine City will be lucky to be back before 3am, which counts out youngsters.

I think it’s the right decision by the club taking only 2,000 for the reasons below:

- timing being so close to league match and hence many fans will only choose one trip

- very long return trip (10+ hours)

- midweek 8:15pm kick off during school

- novelty from playing a big club absent due to already playing in league

- on ITV

Had the FA Cup been played on a Saturday at 3pm with us not having played Liverpool so recently in the league/supporters making the same trip, then 7,000 may have been on. No chance under the above, even with the admirable free coach offer from the club.

• Like 2

Our allocation for the league game up there sold out suspiciously quickly as well. Wonder if we took the same allocation. 

1 hour ago, Uncle Fred said:

£27 is a bit rich as well for a ticket in the fa cup 

Priceless ..... you don't like contributing to the football frenzy but are hell bent on the club finding some rich benefactor to feed it for you!  Irony..... love it!    

Edited by ged in the onion bag
  • Thanks 1

As a Non season ticket holder who lives in Midlands I was hoping to go. Sadly probably not likely if only 2k tickets

12 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Shouldn't you take that up with Liverpool?

Club could have subsidised the match tickets rather than the coach tickets, them its available to a larger market, ie those who dont wish to use the clubs travel (or arent local to Norwich). 

Bigger picture TvB, not just Norwich centric. Keep up!   

Edited by Greavsy

Live on the telly and having already lost to Liverpool 3 times (assuming we do on Saturday), I’d be surprised if we can shift 2000 tickets for a midweek match, even with free coach travel.

1 hour ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Priceless ..... you don't like contributing to the football frenzy but are hell bent on the club finding some rich benefactor to feed it for you!  Irony..... love it!    

Your comment makes no sense whatsoever but they rarely do 

Happy to be corrected but I believe that as it's FA Cup we get a fixed %tage of gate receipts regardless whether we sell 2000 or 7500. 

I'm wondering if we've done a deal with Liverpool to allow more of their tourist supporters in. 

Basically gone for the money rather than support to win the game.

Edited by Capt. Pants

39 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Your comment makes no sense whatsoever but they rarely do 

To a cretin ,maybe, but I imagine that most others would understand.

1 hour ago, rock bus said:

As a Non season ticket holder who lives in Midlands I was hoping to go. Sadly probably not likely if only 2k tickets

You will get a ticket for this game if you want one. Think positively, always a way. Someone on here might offer a spare. All sorts of ways. Even just calling the ticket office a sweet talk... It's just one ticket after all! 

Balls, thought this was happening the following week. Can’t go to the league game as I’ve got family up and can’t go to the cup game as I’ll be working down south. Can’t even get a ticket to pass on to someone who’s missing out as it will arrive when I’m away.

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

To a cretin ,maybe, but I imagine that most others would understand.

Well i for one don't understand it because Mr onion bag is having a go at Uncle Fred about the £27 price and his repeated request for foreign ownership for NCFC when the price was set by Liverpool FC.

6 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Yes - itv hasn’t helped by giving it as late a kick off as possible, anyone travelling from the Fine City will be lucky to be back before 3am, which counts out youngsters.

If it goes to extra time and penalties you won't be getting back to the Fine City by 3am unless you have your foot to the floor all the way back.

4 hours ago, rock bus said:

Same here mate. Was hoping to go Saturday too but looking very unlikely