Sign in to follow this  
getnormannsignedup

Friendly with Nottingham Forest

Webber and Cooper are good friends aren't they so that explains the link up. But if the reason was that both clubs needed some minutes in players legs then why on earth was Pukki playing? Imagine if he got a knock or even just pulled something in this game? Unless there were strict no contact rules applied (In which case why not just play friendlies against the u18's?) this seems pretty risky to me.Ā 

I imagine it wasnā€™t completely full pelt - but if so it then begs the question why bother. Ā I think these things do happen more than we realise, though.

52 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Didn't Brentford have a behind closed doors game also?Ā  Sure it was mentioned on talk sport the other night.

That was to give Christian Eriksen some game time, they played a Southend Xl and won 3-2.

Eriksen played anĀ hour.

Edited by A Load of Squit
  • Thanks 1

This might seem odd (and it kind of is) but would not be the first time clubs have done this.. Seems to happen surprisingly often. Most of the time you don't hear about them. I imagine this leak was accidental and we were not supposed to know about this match.

Ā 

Wonder if it will be brought up in smithsĀ presser?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wonder if it will be brought up in Webbers presser?

If it doesn't, dereliction of duty on the part of the journo's!Ā  They should be shot! šŸ™‚

Ā 

17 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Ā 

Ā 

Wonder if it will be brought up in Webbers presser?

Typical, a few good performances and Webber takes over the pressers.

Ā 

• Like 1

Not the first time we have done this though is it? Nobody remember a season or two ago when we had a secretive behind closed doors friendly against Spurs that we apparently won that included a Vrancic classic free kick screamer goal?

Ā 

3 minutes ago, Browno said:

Won 7-2 apparently.

Now if the rumours are that both we and forest out our first teams out..

Ā 

Guess that scoreline kind of bodes well for next season if we get relegated? šŸ¤”

3 hours ago, Danbury Yellow said:

Pukki scored twice in 5mins according to the comments?Ā 
I canā€™t understand why we would do this? Ā 

I can.Big defeat at the weekend. Another likely this weekend. Break them up with a confidence boosting outing. Get osme more minutes into Normann, Gilmour, Rupp etc. I can see the sense in it (if true).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not the first time we have done this though is it? Nobody remember a season or two ago when we had a secretive behind closed doors friendly against Spurs that we apparently won that included a Vrancic classic free kick screamer goal?

Ā 

Now if the rumours are that both we and forest out our first teams out..

Ā 

Guess that scoreline kind of bodes well for next season if we get relegated? šŸ¤”

Didnt we play spurs in a pre-restart friendly at WHL?Ā 

club didnt say anything, to confirm fixture, kick off time, location or anything. then the players updated insta / twitter with pics etc when they arrived!Ā Ā 

3 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

I thought McLean was disappointing.Ā šŸ˜€

Todd was taking the pish again.........Ā and those lilac boots!!

Edited by Van wink

9 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Todd was taking the pish again.........Ā and those lilac boots!!

The taps in the toilets were not worth mentioning.................

5 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

I thought McLean was disappointing.Ā šŸ˜€

Post of the week šŸ¤£

Iā€™d genuinely like a link to something about this. Iā€™m not on anti social media because it is destroying children and is just pictures of celebrities filtered and cosmetically altered to make girls feel inadequate and ugly. When the funk was it acceptable to post pictures of yourself saying ā€˜wow, I think I look greatā€™? Open vanity is somehow fine now??Ā 
Wow, that morphed quickly. Seriously though, if youā€™ve got kids getĀ them off this brain rot, you too while youā€™re at it.Ā 
any links to a match report of any kind? Thanks
Ā 

swearyĀ 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

Iā€™d genuinely like a link to something about this. Iā€™m not on anti social media because it is destroying children and is just pictures of celebrities filtered and cosmetically altered to make girls feel inadequate and ugly. When the funk was it acceptable to post pictures of yourself saying ā€˜wow, I think I look greatā€™? Open vanity is somehow fine now??Ā 
Wow, that morphed quickly. Seriously though, if youā€™ve got kids getĀ them off this brain rot, you too while youā€™re at it.Ā 
any links to a match report of any kind? Thanks
Ā 

swearyĀ 

Its a tricky one though having no social media presence,Ā  I know the company I work for as an example checks for it as part of hiring and if you dont have any presence at all its considered weird, its assumed you have been to prison or are a sex offender or something and the application doesnt get progressed.Ā Ā 

• Like 2

Its like most things, in moderation its all good.Ā 

Its about self control and discipline surely ?Ā 

I like to have a drink, but rarely get drunk. I bet on the odd occasion (and personally for me I refuse to have an online account, as that would (potentially) be too easy. its things like that . Not all social media is bad / poisonous, it depends how its used, and who by.Ā 
You should always be able to take a break from anything if it gets too much.Ā 

Edited by Greavsy
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Haus said:

Its a tricky one though having no social media presence,Ā  I know the company I work for as an example checks for it as part of hiring and if you dont have any presence at all its considered weird, its assumed you have been to prison or are a sex offender or something and the application doesnt get progressed.Ā Ā 

Well, that just indicates how easily we ( as a society) have swallowed this social media shoite hook ,line and sinker.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Haus said:

That could very easily end up in front of a tribunal for discriminatory behaviour, I would suggest that you get them to check the legality of that policy...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cornish sam said:

That could very easily end up in front of a tribunal for discriminatory behaviour, I would suggest that you get them to check the legality of that policy...

Exactly this! I totally get the ā€˜everything in moderationā€™ argument. I just think that the marketing and advertising companies that feed off social media are fighting very hard to get users to push beyond moderation in an effortĀ to gainĀ more useful insight for them to sell to. I also totally accept grown adults are far more equipped to handle it, but letā€™s not forget, anyone 35+ did not have social media on a smartphone until they were late teens. Now it is apparent anyone with a smart phone of 8 and 9 (and younger) have it in their pocket literally all the time.Ā 
Solution: link all social media to national insurance number - gives instant identification of racist posters/hate speech etc and ensures only 16+ can use it.Ā 
Before 16 social media should not even exist. Children should maybe just go around to each otherā€™s andĀ interact by say, talking to each other??! They can then learn all about social media, proper use, regulated screen time, body image, online safety, etc throughout high school and give them a chance to beĀ prepared and concentrate on actually important things. Prior to 16 get them an old Nokia brick that can call and text, keeps them connected to friends and parents, but only goes so far (and costs far less!). Most schools ban mobile phones (mine do!) so they shouldntĀ need them anyway. If we as adults are happy to binge on them openly then what do we expect of our kids? Certainly doesnā€™t improve their safety having a bit of Ā£500+ kit onĀ them at all times while they walk into traffic playing PokĆ©mon go.

I am a teacher, I see the horrific impact on social skills, self harm, online faceless bullying, literacy skills, communication skills, etc and I see such little actual useful benefits that Iā€™ve drawn only one conclusion. Kids want it and we donā€™t stop them because we want it too. Got to ask ourselves why donā€™t we? And those of us that donā€™t have it, we are the weird ones??! Weird for wanting a conversation with a real person where I donā€™t already know what theyā€™ve been up to because I saw the highlights reel on their story?Ā Whereā€™s the logic in that?

there you go, completed itĀ 

sweary

Edited by SwearyCanary
  • Thanks 2