Sign in to follow this  
Uncle Fred

Movers and Shakers week

Not sure about a movers and shakers week, but I have a mate to moved from one stand to another.

They probably won't do it mid season but can't see why they wouldn't allow you to change seats. Subject to availability of course.

I have actually emailed the club today to ask if a couple of my friends can move their season tickets to what I beleive are 'spare' seats near me. 

Awaiting a reply - I had to email as the live chat appears to no longer be available. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Fred said:

Quick question

do the club still do a week where you can elect to move your season ticket? 

Movers and shakers week disappeared a few years ago but you can move at any time provided there are spare seats, however i suggest you dive in immediately after the final deadline day for renewals as no doubt a few will not renew and before the waiting list get their chance.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Movers and shakers week disappeared a few years ago but you can move at any time provided there are spare seats, however i suggest you dive in immediately after the final deadline day for renewals as no doubt a few will not renew and before the waiting list get their chance.

There is another issue here. If I'm remembering rightly we were all given the option to defer our STs over to next season if we didn't feel safe going to games this season. So I assume the seats of those who took up that option were casual for this season only.

5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Managed to move mine last week.  Back in the City Stand for the first time in about 30 years after a very long stint in the Barclay.

3 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Quick question

do the club still do a week where you can elect to move your season ticket? 

Are you asking on behalf of all of the people who sit near you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Naturalcynic said:

Managed to move mine last week.  Back in the City Stand for the first time in about 30 years after a very long stint in the Barclay.

Nice one, don’t forget to bring your own blanket and cushion. 

1 hour ago, A Load of Squit said:

Are you asking on behalf of all of the people who sit near you?

I understand uncle Fred is weight challenged,  so when he runs up the stairs to his seat, everyone moves and shakes! 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Naturalcynic said:

So, do you have inside track that work to start on replacing the City Stand isn't going to happen any time soon then?

5 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Have spoken to the ticket office today there is a movers and shakers week it will be on the week of the 23rd May 

My source says otherwise and further says my original post is correct.

Edited by TIL 1010

23 hours ago, Greavsy said:

I have actually emailed the club today to ask if a couple of my friends can move their season tickets to what I beleive are 'spare' seats near me. 

Awaiting a reply - I had to email as the live chat appears to no longer be available. 

Got my reply 

They cannot move their season tickets this season, but can on a match by match basis - which seams more work to me personally.
They also said the following - with no mention of a M&S week 

If your friends  would like to move for next season then please advise them to call us on 01603 72 1902 [then select option 1] and we will be happy to discuss availability and potentially move them. 

Edited by Greavsy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Got my reply 

They cannot move their season tickets this season, but can on a match by match basis - which seams more work to me personally.
They also said the following - with no mention of a M&S week 

If your friends  would like to move for next season then please advise them to call us on 01603 72 1902 [then select option 1] and we will be happy to discuss availability and potentially move them. 

Sounds like it is all over the place 

22 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Got my S/T renewal pack today. It states 

image.png.ab5169349646dbfc77a22784b61117cd.png

with no mention of an M&S week. 

Can only reiterate what the lovely lady I spoke to at the ticket office said p

2 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Can only reiterate what the lovely lady I spoke to at the ticket office said p

Sounds like it is all over the place 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Anybody else not got theirs

5 hours ago, Greavsy said:

The date of 27th May is because everybody will be receiving a brand new season ticket plastic card for next season and time is required to have them printed and sent out hence you can move whenever you want from now up until that date.

There will not be a Movers and Shakers week so you have well over 3 months to contact the club.

3 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

My sources at the club confirm there is indeed a movers and shakers week 

Fake news then as i spoke to the organ grinder.

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Fake news then as i spoke to the organ grinder.

I am not sure catering dept will know the score. I spoke to the ticket office and after that date the club will know for sure who  will definitely not renewed and this is the week to get the best availability 

any availability now is extremely limited 

As mentioned already, the old movers and shakers week was ditched a few years ago. You can, however, move your existing season ticket to any other seat that’s currently vacant at any time until 27 May.

The other point to consider, is that the majority of season ticket holders pay by direct debit. The remainder, who don’t, are held until the 27 May. Therefore, any existing season ticket holder who is currently paying by direct debit, but doesn’t want to continue next season, has to notify the ticket office that they wish to cancel by 4 March. That means that the Club will know shortly thereafter that certain existing seats will actually be available next season, in addition to any other seats already vacant.

Hope that makes sense.

15 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

I am not sure catering dept will know the score. I spoke to the ticket office and after that date the club will know for sure who  will definitely not renewed and this is the week to get the best availability 

any availability now is extremely limited 

Nice trolling but i expect nothing less from you, however you are correct in saying that the catering/hospitality will not know the score but the organ grinder that i spoke to is the boss of the ' nice lady ' you spoke to in the ticket office.

May i refer you to the post of GMF and also the info provided in the renewal pack.

2 hours ago, GMF said:

As mentioned already, the old movers and shakers week was ditched a few years ago. You can, however, move your existing season ticket to any other seat that’s currently vacant at any time until 27 May.

The other point to consider, is that the majority of season ticket holders pay by direct debit. The remainder, who don’t, are held until the 27 May. Therefore, any existing season ticket holder who is currently paying by direct debit, but doesn’t want to continue next season, has to notify the ticket office that they wish to cancel by 4 March. That means that the Club will know shortly thereafter that certain existing seats will actually be available next season, in addition to any other seats already vacant.

Hope that makes sense.

👍👍👍

Ties in with the point the ticket office confirmed about the 27th May giving the full view. Thanks

She didn’t mention the other date in March which will give us 2 individual weeks to sort it out