Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Newcastle V Villa

Taking it we all hoping for a Villa win today then? Or have we accepted that Newcastle probably wont be near the bottom of the table by the end of the season regardless?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

FLeiEsVXsAAiFoD?format=jpg&name=small

FLenZFWXoAAxpv3?format=jpg&name=small

Let's hope Villa 🙏 destroy the Magpies. AND liverpool do the same to Burnley. 

Screenshot_20220213-101233_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Mengo

3 minutes ago, Deptford Yellow said:

Never thought I’d find myself saying this, but …

Go Villa !

To give Villa credit they have built themselves a pretty solid team with some star players.. May be 11th now but no doubt in my mind if they carry on they will slowly become a top ten team the way they are going.

Or did I just jinx it saying that? 🤣

4 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

Villa have a tidy looking squad these days. They're on the up methinks.

Newcastle not so much.

Don't think I have disliked a player as much as I dislike Shelvy right now. Feels like he tries to snap players legs everytime he goes to tackle

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

FFS compare this Villa performance to the one they produced at CR, they looked like Barca that night and can't string 2 passes together today.

Is a cold, drizzly st.James' park just a tougher place to go or was it a case of sticking one over your old boss?

1 minute ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

FFS compare this Villa performance to the one they produced at CR, they looked like Barca that night and can't string 2 passes together today.

Is a cold, drizzly st.James' park just a tougher place to go or was it a case of sticking one over your old boss?

Is it worth pointing out the ball did seem to only get into the net thanks a little bounce off of Buendia? Even he want's us down!

I have the Burnley game on they started off really well but Liverpool are in control now. Newcastle result is not a good one but I have to say I expected them to get out of it. 

2 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Think there was enough in that half to suggest Newcastle have bought their way out of this race!    

Started to turn more into a fight than a match before the half time whistle was blew

38 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Think there was enough in that half to suggest Newcastle have bought their way out of this race!    

Yea I don’t think they are one of the three now and more to the point if we end up going down we don’t want them coming with us.

We need to do enough to drag a few others into it in the last quarter of the season.

Assuming they win this ... Newcastle are 4-3-3 over their last 10. That's good for 1.5 points/match which is above relegation form for any side. And those 3 losses were to Leicester, Man City, and United.

They're almost surely staying up. We should just accept it and focus on Leeds and Brentford along with Watford and Burnley.

It would appear they have bought their way out of it... no doubt Trippier must be in line for some huge bonus if they stay up, to compensate swapping Madrid for the hole that is Newcastle.  Can't rely on 3 teams being sub 30 points any more - 6 wins and a couple of draws needed to drag Brentford into it.  But I suppose that Eriksen will hit top gear for them at some stage... It's a shame we gave up so much ground early.

2 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

It would appear they have bought their way out of it... no doubt Trippier must be in line for some huge bonus if they stay up, to compensate swapping Madrid for the hole that is Newcastle.  Can't rely on 3 teams being sub 30 points any more - 6 wins and a couple of draws needed to drag Brentford into it.  But I suppose that Eriksen will hit top gear for them at some stage... It's a shame we gave up so much ground early.

That's modern football. You don't earn success anymore, you buy it.

• Like 1

From here on in the bottom teams will now start to run into mid table teams like Villa , who league wise have little to play for....its about who can prove they want the more more than these mid table sides just as Newcastle did today

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

In terms of getting to 17th this weekend's results couldn't have been much worse. Clear daylight to 17th now plus games in hand and our chronic goal difference. Those 2 dropped points against Palace looking even more significant.

We all have difficult games coming up next week/weekend so little change expected and then onto Brentford which is the Mother of all must win games.

We're ****ed now.

I can't see us getting back out of trouble. We'll look back at games like the 1-1 against a dreadful 10 men at Newcastle and 1-1 against Palace as being games where we blew it. Maybe even the 0-1 vs Man Utd at home,

It's annoying because just as our form picked up so did Newcastle's. Is that 3 wins in a row for them?

I really think Newcastle need to be forgotten about, the millions they spent in January may even push them into mid table by May. 

IF we can achieve half a dozen wins it'll probably be Brentford we catch.

I'm sure those hypocrites at TalkSport will be lauding Newcastle for finding form at the right moment when what they found was a brown envelope stuffed full of money. 

• Like 1

Villa don't seem to be achieving much under Gerrard despite all the cash spent. Coutinho is currently the shadow of a player he was at Liverpool.