Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Bored

I remember when Gippeswyk were one of the best teams in Europe. We always turned up at Portman to get a 4/5 beating, and sung our hearts out. At home we often won 1-0, because on the day, up for it, we knew we could beat any English team. That’s changed now. 

Seating. How can anyone get in the mood to sing when you sat on your aristotle?

Many clubs are trialling safe standing. A friend was at Anfield last week and some of the railings are already in and he said no-one was sat down anyway.

The prawn sandwich brigade are never likely to sing anyway so don't depend on them. And I have always found that Norwich crowds do go pretty silent when we are losing. Some other clubs make a noise throughout of course. I am not expecting all clubs to be the same either but rather than making comments about getting behind the club on this site, its at the game when they need lifting.

5 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Seating. How can anyone get in the mood to sing when you sat on your aristotle?

Many clubs are trialling safe standing. A friend was at Anfield last week and some of the railings are already in and he said no-one was sat down anyway.

The prawn sandwich brigade are never likely to sing anyway so don't depend on them. And I have always found that Norwich crowds do go pretty silent when we are losing. Some other clubs make a noise throughout of course. I am not expecting all clubs to be the same either but rather than making comments about getting behind the club on this site, its at the game when they need lifting.

Maybe a drum would help  - just a thought?! 😉 

The biggest thing I can see that the new celebrity managers have done is make world class players work as hard without the ball as with it. Anyone player who doesn’t want to work hard and press and make obvious tactical fouls without the ball doesn’t last long or will never be signed. This was the reason Pep was never massively keen on Aguero and they didn’t want Ronaldo back etc..

22 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Good thing they banned the drum 

Will you stop banging on about that ****ing drum.... 

We have no cycling chants at home anymore, such as when you used to hear that big yell from the back "Everywhere we goooooo!" And a few yell back "People always ask us!".  Many times we would be trailing and far from being 'super' Norwich - but it would just fill that dead air, and people catch on as it generates energy.

Few times I remember chants like that cycling and we'd concede.  We'd dip a bit with disappointment, but it would build back up again.

I get that we can't be the best on the field, but we could be off it.  We have so much as a club that makes us unique, yet we sit, critique and throw the towel in as a crowd on matchday.  I don't know if it's more a reflection of being seated, the modern supporter, or just complete lack of belief because how huge the financial gap is(?).

Feels like we used to go for the atmosphere and to have a party up.  Now I see so many people go as they've got a season ticket.  I mean, ****, it's like a gym membership for some, and then nothing but moan moan moan.

Edited by Google Bot

21 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Ah the old age argument when someone says something you dont like. By your reckoning then I signed up for this website when i was in a nappy?!

In regard to the atmosphere i guess you didnt go to the Watford game?

Away crowd is always better, but you can't honestly say Carrow Rd is buzzing these days, it's all well and good us singing when we're winning but when the players need us quite frankly we're utter ****e. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Lower the supporter age profile to improve the atmosphere. 

How do you suggest they do that? 

Just now, Greavsy said:

C'mon, Greavsy, that's easy 🙂😉 .  Replace the City Stand with a new larger stand to more accurately reflect our top 17 status!  Then more capacity is available to provide more structured pricing to attract the new generation of yellows!

Just now, shefcanary said:

C'mon, Greavsy, that's easy 🙂😉 .  Replace the City Stand with a new larger stand to more accurately reflect our top 17 status!  Then more capacity is available to provide more structured pricing to attract the new generation of yellows!

Ahhh I see, building a new stand / enlarging the existing one, in traditionally the most expensive part of the ground (ie along the side rather than behind the goals) and the new seats created will automatically be snapped up by youngsters. Gotcha. 

How is this funded ? 

Where do the existing S/T holders sit whilst this is being done ? 

24 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Lower the supporter age profile to improve the atmosphere. 

That  is somewhat discriminatory! If I wasn’t for older supporters there wouldn’t be an NCFC!

I really do think that the OAP discount should be removed, as I see no reason for it. 

A seat is a seat. That said I do see the benefit in attracting the younger fan base for further attendance etc. 

Personally, but without much thought I think a loyalty discount would be a much fair scheme, and reward continuous renewals. 

Doesnt have to be every year - say at 5% discount every 5 years- capped at 25% or so.  

10 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Ahhh I see, building a new stand / enlarging the existing one, in traditionally the most expensive part of the ground (ie along the side rather than behind the goals) and the new seats created will automatically be snapped up by youngsters. Gotcha. 

How is this funded ? 

Where do the existing S/T holders sit whilst this is being done ? 

Carrying on from your previous discourse, frankly who gives a toss about those oldies in that stand, they've had it too good for too long hence the complacency on the terraces 😉 .  It's all about attracting the new breed of (noisy) supporter, isn't it? 🙂   More seriously, there will be much relocation as part of the re-building work, people will settle into their new homes dependent upon what they can afford on completion of it, I'm sure the powers that be will welcome back those that suffer during the re-build and make it worth their while.  

As for affordability, several of us FPA's have demonstrated on other threads several times that in these times of relatively low interest rates with a smart utilisation of a bond offer akin to the Colney re-build / AFC Wimbledon expansion , the repayment over a suitable time period in the investment required is more than affordable and needn't impact on the playing budget should we retain our EPL status with a little success on the field of play (note the re-negotiation of TV rights announced over the past week once again increasing the pot of money available to the EPL).  Indeed us FPA's have estimated annual cost of repayments (both cash and P&L wise) is less than the annual salary paid to a Pukki comparative striker.  Do keep up old boy. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

Will you stop banging on about that ****ing drum.... 

He just can’t admit he’s beaten.

21 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

People still own radios these days?

I love the radio - listen to it much more than I watch the TV. I would pay the license fee for Radio 4 alone - I like LBC as well they get fed up with the adverts.

6 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Carrying on from your previous discourse, frankly who gives a toss about those oldies in that stand, they've had it too good for too long hence the complacency on the terraces 😉 .  It's all about attracting the new breed of (noisy) supporter, isn't it? 🙂   More seriously, there will be much relocation as part of the re-building work, people will settle into their new homes dependent upon what they can afford on completion of it, I'm sure the powers that be will welcome back those that suffer during the re-build and make it worth their while.  

As for affordability, several of us FPA's have demonstrated on other threads several times that in these times of relatively low interest rates with a smart utilisation of a bond offer akin to the Colney re-build / AFC Wimbledon expansion , the repayment over a suitable time period in the investment required is more than affordable and needn't impact on the playing budget should we retain our EPL status with a little success on the field of play (note the re-negotiation of TV rights announced over the past week once again increasing the pot of money available to the EPL).  Indeed us FPA's have estimated annual cost of repayments (both cash and P&L wise) is less than the annual salary paid to a Pukki comparative striker.  Do keep up old boy. 

I’ve missed the FPAs. They used to be far more active on here, what happened? ☹️

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ulfotto said:

The biggest thing I can see that the new celebrity managers have done is make world class players work as hard without the ball as with it.

Except at Manchester United😀

41 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Cheap seats for the under 75s?

Edited by Badger

1 minute ago, Badger said:

Cheap seats for the under 75s?

Only if their children can benefit too! 

what about nephews!? 

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Only if their children can benefit too! 

what about nephews!? 

I presumed that their children would be under 75 as well 😀

I presumed that their children would be under 75 as well 😀

Fair point - apologies badger - I misread your post. 

Trying to multi task - badly. 

8 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Trying to multi task - badly. 

I hope that you are not a surgeon 😀

We really have reach peak pinkun moron posting when people start saying a louder crowd means better performances. 

Literally brain dead thinking. 

I hope that you are not a surgeon 😀

Personally im not - but that is related to one of the tasks im trying to juggle! 

6 minutes ago, fredherring said:

We really have reach peak pinkun moron posting when people start saying a louder crowd means better performances. 

Literally brain dead thinking. 

Morning Bill 👍😄

5 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Morning Bill 👍😄

point of order Ken, but you're wrong. 

Its afternoon! 

• Haha 1

I too am concerned at the age demographic. On the crowd noise issue just ask any player how important this aspect of football is. Over the years I’ve always regretted the relatively  subdued nature of our crowds. I personally would be in support of subsidised tickets for the unemployed or those in low paid work. I would be willing to part subsidise myself. We all recognise the season ticket holder who goes almost out of obligation, expecting to be entertained, and for others to create the “atmosphere “. Also it appears from reports from the Wolves game that despite it being 2022, we still need to toughen up a bit and resist those post match bullies.