chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Man City(PL) ****

Well I am going to say, goal aside, everyone is playing well and it’s not been awful. Pretty good.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Commentator - he brings a lot of things to the Norwich side McLean but goals arent really one of them.

Notice the commentator didnt elaborate further on the things McLean brings to the Norwich side. Id have liked to heaar that

Are you saying McClean has been poor?because he hasn’t.

• Like 2

PLM with a terrible giveaway. Normann must be on to start the second half for Kenny or PLM. Don't care which one, but get Normann on.

Overall I'd actually say a great first half for Norwich. Really fought the whole time and had ManCity on their heels on a number of different occasions. 

• Like 1

Rashica and Pukki looking lively gives us a bit of hope. A set piece looking the most likely for us. But can't see us scoring without reply. 

1 minute ago, Jambomo said:

Well I am going to say, goal aside, everyone is playing well and it’s not been awful. Pretty good.

Agree. Also I think that’s Gilmour’s best half for us.

• Like 1

Still in this at 0-1 down. I thought Sargent could get at Zinchenko but it's not happened there. Rashica is having a good go at Walker though.

The goal looked like a bit of a mistake from Aarons to me? Which is a shame as we were doing OK up until then. One way traffic since though. 

Just now, The Great Mass Debater said:

Hanley and Gibbo both remonstrating with the ref at end of the half there - whats that about?

Think it was because ref stopped play when we were on the break

Just now, The Great Mass Debater said:

No, Im saying McLean is poor. Not that he has been poor in this game

And yet he keeps getting picked and against the best team in the country he’s playing well.

Got to be pleased by the way we are attempting to make a game of it. Not just for this match but for when we play teams less than Europe's best. If we play like this in future with Rashica showing why we rated him enough to buy him, then we can take this season to the wire.

I agree about Max. He just isn't defending well at the moment and it was a howler for their goal. Sam on for him in the 2nd half perhaps. If we can keep it to this score for long enough, we will get a chance or two.

9 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I'd be starting Byram over Aarons to be honest. Think he's a much better full back. 

I did say earlier in week I’d start Byram over Aarons at moment.

Now I’d either put Byram on and either put Max in front of him or take max off.

• Like 2

They look Man City's equal today. Like what I'm seeing just need to start using Rashica across the upper table instead of down the right, he needs to roam. Focus counters down the right side with Williams and replace aarons with Byrum so we can start shutting down MC's left attack. 

2 minutes ago, BigManInTheBarclay said:

Think it was because ref stopped play when we were on the break

I suspect it was more up do with the foul not given on Williams a minute earlier which looked blatant to me

Seems Sargent not upto the pace of the game, I would replace him half time and bring Byram on and play him as a full right back to stick like glue to Stirling and then use Aarons as a wing back picking up their other constant threat down our right side. Probably also bring Normann on for Gilmour or Lees Melou to shore up the middle

If we pay Aarons ahead of Byram, we'll lose the long ball to Sargent which has been effective so far. 

We don't want to be trying to play through this lot as the alternative. 

8 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

I seem to have the Man City commentary on Sky.

I just came back in the room to hear Jamie Redknapp say we’ve been excellent.

Just now, Fuzzar said:

If we pay Aarons ahead of Byram, we'll lose the long ball to Sargent which has been effective so far. 

We don't want to be trying to play through this lot as the alternative. 

Im afraid Sargent is not fully fit, he is off the pace, Raschica is our only real threat going forward and he is doing really well both attacking and defending, Aarons isn’t getting the same support from sargent down the right

Aarons for Sargent? Don't be daft. We'd lose all the height up front that is causing Man City problems. Replace Aarons with Bryam is an OK move though I'd get Gilmour off and put on Normann asap.