chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Man City(PL) ****

I actually think we will have more joy attacking against Liverpool. Walker is just so fast that the ball to Rashica is often stopped. Whilst Trent is infinitely a better footballer than Walker, I think we could get more joy against him because he is not lightning like Walker.

Score well and truly flatters Man City. Fully in it in the first half. Legs going a bit this half, heads dropped.

We can only ever hope against this level of team, much like the 14-15 of the other sides in this league. 

Well that's a predictable waste of everyone's saturday evening. **** off Man Citeh, twats.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

It's a top three team so yes it is. Been us down the other end would not be given

Their 'A' team CC?

Own it

Gutted with that scoreline, not because Norwich were poor, but because it was never a 4-0 game. Ridiculous penalty that only the big teams would get, Norwich played a lot better than the score suggests.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

Well that's a predictable waste of everyone's saturday evening. **** off Man Citeh, twats.

Well what did you expect - a norwich city win HA HA 

Just now, damn that Ralph Coates! said:

Didn't trouble Ederson. Come back Idah

The shots we had were straight at him so he wasn't really tested in terms of having to really stretch for a save. But I wouldn't say he we didn't trouble him. 

Everything about that 2nd half was crap, players were crap, ref was crap, ludicrous decision to give a penalty but most disappointing of all us the fans were shocking and it's becoming more of a regular occurrence when we are losing games. 

We demand the players are up for the fight, but us fans need to be too so well are we?? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

I think they'll need a box of Kleenex in the MOTD studio tonight as I'm sure the blinkered - so-called - pundits will be creaming themselves over that result.

• Haha 1

If it hadn’t been for Arab money they’d still be at ****ty Maine Road in ****ty division 3

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Everything about that 2nd half was crap, players were crap, ref was crap, ludicrous decision to give a penalty but most disappointing of all us the fans were shocking and it's becoming more of a regular occurrence when we are losing games. 

We demand the players are up for the fight, but us fans need to be too so well are we?? 

Good thing we banned the drum god forbid we have an atompshere

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

2 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

If my Aunt had balls she'd still be my aunt in 2022

I heard she does 

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Good thing we banned the drum god forbid we have an atompshere

That shows just how **** and tinpot our fans have become if we need a ****ing drum. That in itself shows we collectively need to give our heads a wobble and sort it out. 

Unfortunately I was up the River End today and trying to get noise going up here is like pulling teeth. Not sure if the Barclay was as bad today but I could only hear City fans. 

18 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

I actually think we will have more joy attacking against Liverpool. Walker is just so fast that the ball to Rashica is often stopped. Whilst Trent is infinitely a better footballer than Walker, I think we could get more joy against him because he is not lightning like Walker.

All the more amazing when you consider a lot of players start to, or have lost, that sort of pace towards the end of their careers. At 31, a couple of months off 32, Walker is doing very well in that regard. I imagine he'll move to CB if he slows, as he's played there as part of a three. 

After what was a very good effort in the first half, we came out in the second half and were playing a 4 5 1 formation and Man City still gave us a masterclass in passing and movement.Every player seems to have an ability to move and find space to receive the ball.

How can our fullbacks give their opposition so much room to operate in.That is Aarons worst habit,no wonder they took him off.