chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Man City(PL) ****

May be an image of 2 people and text that says "LOTUS Joma Vitality Premier League D (( MANCHESTER e1 18 94 ooom LOTUS TIHAD AIRWAYS CANARIES V MAN CITY CARROW ROAD NEVER MIND THEDANGER SATURDAY FEBRUARY KICK-OFF5.30PM 5.30PM (UK)"
May be an image of map and text that says "GLOBAL KICK-OFF NORWICH CITYV MANCHESTERCITY CITY Helsinki 19:30 Toronto 12:30 Norwich 17:30 Berlin 18:30 Tampa Bay 12:30 Los Angeles 09:30 Beijing 01:30 Pristina 18:30 Abu Dhabi 21:30 Athens 19:30 Rio De Janeiro 14:30 Seoul 02:30 Hong Kong 01:30 Bangkok 00:30 Nairobi 20:30 TAMPA BAY FLORIDA Buenos Aires 14:30 Sydney 04:30"

image.png.f04b2e405204302616e7d39d0ef6d2dc.png
FLZ3MjrXIAUov2g?format=jpg&name=small
Videos:

Articles:
The BBC have their pre game piece here.
The pink'un report on the pre-match presser is here.
The club have their game preview piece on canaries.co.uk here.

Ins, Outs, shake it all abouts:
Norwich - Sargent returns after recovering from illness. Rupp a doubt because of a hamstring tweak. Omobamidele suffered a set-back in training and is injured. Kabak is yet to return to training from being out with illness. Krul remains out injured.
Man City - No Jesus or Palmer.

A little bit of knowledge:
Manchester City Football Club came into existence in 1880 as St. Mark's (West Gorton) before changing Ardwick Association Football Club in 1887 and then, finally, Manchester City in 1894. The club entered the football league in 1899. The first trophy they won was the FA Cup in 1904 with their first, successful period coming in the late 1960's under the management of Joe Mercer and Malcome Allison winning the league, FA Cup and League Cup. A period of decline followed their appearance in the 1981 FA Cup final, a decline that saw them slip as far as the third tier of English football before a resurgence saw them get back to the premier league and then bought for £210million in 2008 by the current owners, the Abu Dhabi United Group. The rest, most of us know, hundreds of millions of pounds later, side-stepping FFP with a highly controversial "sponsorship", has bought them much success, though arguably, they continue to struggle in Europe. In fact, despite the money, the only European title to their name is the Cup Winners Cup which they won in the 1969-70 season.

Rays Funds for the Community Sports Foundation
Nutty has his PUPs thread up and running as usual. Please do go and take a look and take part in all of the fun.

A Little Something Extra:
The club has an article up having spoken to Ashley Ward recently.
image.png.28ab71eb51fbe9f94c54be323fa6e6c5.png

And for some half term fun:
May be an image of 2 people and text

Edited by chicken
  • Like 2

The starting lineup I would have picked. These are the types of games for Gilmour and I don't think Normann is up to speed yet, plus we'll need Sargents defensive workrate. I wish we had a fully up to speed Normann for this game but he's looked short of match sharpness so far for me so I wouldn't have started him either. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

Sargent will be the out ball. Pukki's gonna have to work his **** off. Have not got a clue why Idah's not on the bench. He must have got a tweak or a knock late on. Williams is probably going to be VERY fired up for this.

Although chucking Przemek up top as a sub if Pukki gets tired could be interesting.

Edited by TheGunnShow

3 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Idah must have a knock and Normann can't be ready to start yet.

C'mon yellas, let's do this.

To be fair,  I think Normann only came back to training last week didn't he? He's played less than a half in total over the last two games, so too soon is probably right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gibbo said:

Can always rely on Leeds to do a no show against relegation rivals...

Leeds are now in the relegation mix too.

• Like 1

Just now, duke63 said:

Leeds are now in the relegation mix too.

Yeah but they have that Jekyll and Hyde element to them that'll probably see them get out of danger... lose 3-0 one week, win 3-0 the next.  I was hoping Everton would maintain their progress from under Benitez.

32 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

. I wish we had a fully up to speed Normann for this game but he's looked short of match sharpness so far for me so I wouldn't have started him either

Hoping that we can use these next two games to get him fit for Southampton. 

14 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

Yeah but they have that Jekyll and Hyde element to them that'll probably see them get out of danger... lose 3-0 one week, win 3-0 the next.  I was hoping Everton would maintain their progress from under Benitez.

They might yet, they were playing Leeds after all.

Well this is a defining moment in our season. Deano has made us harder to beat. We have got wins under our belt and look a lot more confident. We mustn't get smashed tonight. We have to battle as we have never done before. I am not expecting free flowing football from us but we mustn't just give it back to them when we have it. Yes clear the ball properly but not just knocking it into the corners.