Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

The Old Robert Green

A real positive from last nite was the appearance of a new rejuvinated Robert Green!!  he bowled the ball out starting passing play, made some great saves and commanded his box.  He played a great part in hucks goal and generally looked like he wanted to be playing for us again!!

Greeno was fantastic last night. Caught everything, made some brilliant stops and really did look like the ''Old'' Robert Green.

I have a feeling that becuase he''s now here until at least the end of the season, the only chance he has of getting into the world cup squad is to play really, really well in this league. If it helps is in the long run - then brilliant!

I suspect he realises he''s here for longer than just this season - has got his head straight and is knuclinkg down again.

Quite agree though - it was a good performance, especially as his creative "passing" was better than at least one member of our so-called midfield last night too!

[quote user="Slim"]

Greeno was fantastic last night. Caught everything, made some brilliant stops and really did look like the ''Old'' Robert Green.

I have a feeling that becuase he''s now here until at least the end of the season, the only chance he has of getting into the world cup squad is to play really, really well in this league. If it helps is in the long run - then brilliant!

[/quote]

I don`t see anything brilliant  about a player who turns it on when it suits him !!  frankly , we`ve had enough of those kind of players  ... 

you might think thats  a bit  crass , but just think about it  , Greeno  has gone right through the prem season  , letting in a record number of goals ,  and played crap in this season   until recently  , now your saying that HE has decided to get his finger out   and actually do what he`s payed to do  , just in case  he gets a ticket to Germany !      in other words  ,  we could still be in the prem   if  he`d  played as he has done recently ....  strength give me  !!  

[quote user="sheded"][quote user="Slim"]

[/quote]

I don`t see anything brilliant  about a player who turns it on when it suits him !!  frankly , we`ve had enough of those kind of players  ... 

you might think thats  a bit  crass , but just think about it  , Greeno  has gone right through the prem season  , letting in a record number of goals ,  and played crap in this season   until recently  , now your saying that HE has decided to get his finger out   and actually do what he`s payed to do  , just in case  he gets a ticket to Germany !      in other words  ,  we could still be in the prem   if  he`d  played as he has done recently ....  strength give me  !!  

[/quote]

yeah well sheded as I have said many times before, if this manager cannot get the players playing to the best of their abilities and keeping them motivated, maybe we should hire one who can....

I didnt here much backing of the manager from Hucks in his interview last night.  Just how he was surprised that even at 3 nil up many fans were still calling for his head....

[quote user="Paul Rankin"][quote user="sheded"][quote user="Slim"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

yeah well sheded as I have said many times before, if this manager cannot get the players playing to the best of their abilities and keeping them motivated, maybe we should hire one who can....

I didnt here much backing of the manager from Hucks in his interview last night.  Just how he was

surprised that even at 3 nil up many fans were still calling for his head....

Sometimes  this , much bandied word , motivation , as applied to  highly paid  , adult [ almost ]  professionals [ I know I`m going wrong  here somewhere , but press on ! ]       really baffles me  ... if   getting  thousands of pounds a week   for a few hours  a week of kicking a ball about   isn`t enough to motivate them  , you have to wonder what will ?  

[/quote]

He''s probably realised that unless he starts playing well, no prem team is going to take a big money gamble. An on form Rob Green can only be good for Norwich, even if it only means extra transfer money at the end of the season!!