Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

"He believes we have the ability" - Ben Gibson

I think I’m happy to tolerate the pretty dull football we are seeing as, even if (when) we go down it’s been with less of a whimper. I wouldn’t be happy with it long term tbh as my desperation to stay in the EPL becomes less every time a billionaire club pays multi millions for bang average players (but enough to buy their way into the top table year on year), is outweighed by the fact that I pay a s*** load of money so I can be entertained. I’m a norwich fan through and through and season ticket holder, so soulless football to argue over the scraps from the top table isn’t something I relish and it demeans the club. 
I do however think smith and shakey have the ability to produce good football, so I’m looking forward to seeing some next season. In the meantime Daniel F oozed class in the good times and I enjoyed norwich being the envy of the league last year. Felt very proud of what we did and how we did it 

Sweary 

Edited by SwearyCanary
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, SwearyCanary said:

I think I’m happy to tolerate the pretty dull football we are seeing as, even if (when) we go down it’s been with less of a whimper. I wouldn’t be happy with it long term tbh as my desperation to stay in the EPL becomes less every time a billionaire club pays multi millions for bang average players (but enough to buy their way into the top table year on year), is outweighed by the fact that I pay a s*** load of money so I can be entertained. I’m a norwich fan through and through and season ticket holder, so soulless football to argue over the scraps from the top table isn’t something I relish and it demeans the club. 
I do however think smith and shakey have the ability to produce good football, so I’m looking forward to seeing some next season. In the meantime Daniel F oozed class in the good times and I enjoyed norwich being the envy of the league last year. Felt very proud of what we did and how we did it 

Sweary 

Most people will feel entertained for as long as we're creating chances and scoring goals I feel.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

The implication being that the previous manager didn't.

And this comment is very telling: “We do a lot more tactical work”

Is there anybody left who feels that we shouldn't have sacked Daniel Farke? 

No I feel he had to go ,lost the dressing room and was tactically inept , but not a cabbage head like Steve Bruce , onwards and upwards deanos getting a tune out of these players , we might still go down but no longer the laughing stock of the country. Otbc😆

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SwearyCanary said:

Sweary 

Fantastic post Sweary

Worthy used to say we had to earn the right to play our football. On tuesday we were still earning it at the end of the game. And that will be the case for the rest of the season. Especially if we stay up.

I've listened to Dean Smith's press conferences and he explains thing so that even I can understand. That Southampton game where we hardly had an attack in the first half still showed an improvement in 'defending our box'. This has continually improved to the point where we don't sit there panicking when we see crosses coming in. Even from corners. The improvement is astounding.

Then just last week he was talking about 'controlling the game without the ball'. I assume that to means, amongst other things, trying to control from where the ball comes into our box. It seems we're now happiest to defend crosses so try and make the opposition do that.

Is it entertaining though? Would the player who was best at controlling the game without the ball ever get MOM? Or would we more likely say "he contributed nothing"?

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Most people will feel entertained for as long as we're creating chances and scoring goals I feel.

I think we can philosophise it all we want but you’ve succinctly summed it up right there. 

It's going to be so interesting how he approaches today's game. If we take the same approach as the last two games Man City will probably have 90% possession, which is surely suicide. But if he adds the extra midfielder at the expense of (presumably) Idah, we offer very little attacking threat. 

I mean, I know we'll almost certainly lose the game regardless of team selection/tactical approach. But it would be nice to see us make it a lot harder for them and Liverpool than we did under Farke this season. (Bold text for @hogesar!)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

It's going to be so interesting how he approaches today's game. If we take the same approach as the last two games Man City will probably have 90% possession, which is surely suicide. But if he adds the extra midfielder at the expense of (presumably) Idah, we offer very little attacking threat. 

I mean, I know we'll almost certainly lose the game regardless of team selection/tactical approach. But it would be nice to see us make it a lot harder for them and Liverpool than we did under Farke this season. (Bold text for @hogesar!)

I know I've said this elsewhere, but the last two times a rampant Man City came to Norwich in the league we got a 0-0 and a 3-2 win.  In other words won four out of six points - or looked at the other way, Man City missed out on 5 of the 6 available points. 

50 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I know I've said this elsewhere, but the last two times a rampant Man City came to Norwich in the league we got a 0-0 and a 3-2 win.  In other words won four out of six points - or looked at the other way, Man City missed out on 5 of the 6 available points. 

Good to see your optimism is returning! That the great thing about this funny game. You never know. (Narrator: you know) 

Edited by Robert N. LiM
  • Like 1