Sign in to follow this  
SwearyCanary

Man City Expectations

Smith sees every game as 3 potential points. I see Man City and Liverpool as one point if there’s a miracle. Bearing in mind Farke would’ve been widely criticised for being ‘naive’ and going for a win (and losing 7-0), should we be trying to park the bus?
Felt a bit like that’s what we did vs Palace and nibble whatever chances we get. Can’t see us having any possession vs these two. 
Essentially I want to see dogged performance, but accept that means we are not going for 3 points like smith said and also accept that it’ll be horrible to watch us try that and still get battered. 

looking forward to it mind. 

sweary 

Can also see 4-5-1 here. Probably bring Normann in for one of Idah or Pukki (more likely Idah but to be honest, I'm not sure that's the call to make, as I'll explain), and if Sargent's fit, he replaces Placheta.

I do think Idah and Sargent look dangerous up top and would enable us to get out balls to stick better, and if Rashica's playing then he's already got the partnership with Sargent to boot. Pukki is still our best striker, but he thrives on through balls into channels, and is nowhere near the same player if you ask him to chase things pumped forwards. We know Man City will clock up >70% possession in this one, but I would argue with Idah AND Sargent there, we can probably keep them away from our goal for a bit longer at a time.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Grealish OG, salutes Smith.  

Then Farkeball is unleased and it's 3:2 again.

Yep I think Sargeant and Normann probably come in for Idah and PP, wouldn't be entirely surprised if Gilmour started ahead of either PLM or McLean too. Fresh legs after a lot of running on Wednesday.

Expectations are zero but just hope we don't get a clattering.

Attack the best form of defence … if we park the bus they’ll just unpick the lock … snatch a goal however and who knows what might happen …

(well actually I can guess but you’ve got to hope haven’t you ?!)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Can also see 4-5-1 here. Probably bring Normann in for one of Idah or Pukki (more likely Idah but to be honest, I'm not sure that's the call to make, as I'll explain), and if Sargent's fit, he replaces Placheta.

I do think Idah and Sargent look dangerous up top and would enable us to get out balls to stick better, and if Rashica's playing then he's already got the partnership with Sargent to boot. Pukki is still our best striker, but he thrives on through balls into channels, and is nowhere near the same player if you ask him to chase things pumped forwards. We know Man City will clock up >70% possession in this one, but I would argue with Idah AND Sargent there, we can probably keep them away from our goal for a bit longer at a time.

Give Normann 60mins game from start along with PLM or Rupp (I don't know if he is fit) in CM.

1 minute ago, mrD66M said:

Give Normann 60mins game from start along with PLM or Rupp (I don't know if he is fit) in CM.

This was the game we needed a fully fit and indeed match-fit Sörensen.

• Like 1

Expectations? A good performance and, hopefully, more time in the 4-4-2/4-2-4 that seems to be working well for us! The heart so desperately wants to go all out and predict a 2-1 miracle victory but that's almost surely asking too much ... ?

If possible, I would love to see Normann and Sargent start but based on Deano's presser just now that seems unlikely. Who knows. I do feel as though we'll play well, Carrow Road will be LOUD, and we'll come away proud of the boys.

😎

• Like 1

I would agree with others that given Man City's preference to play nice, possession football it might be a good match for Wee Billy in the middle. He'll likely have more time to operate as the ball distributer compared to other matchups where he gets pressed and easily overwhelmed?

My preference would still be the PLM-Normann duo in the middle. Push the latter to make it to the 60' mark and see what happens.

• Like 1

Sargent could be very useful here. Man City aren't the tallest of sides. If Rashica can get crosses in....

Man City have just landed at Norwich Airport.....Due to the importance of the game and the threat that we'll pose to them, they'll probably just throw their bags on their hotel beds an' all be down Prince of Wales Road on the lash tonight - followed by a mixed kebab an' chips as they'll deffo have the munchies at around 3 am..... 

With it being an evening kick off tomorrow they'll have a nice lie in (especially Jack Grealish).....Up at 2pm pop a few paracetamol and maybe gulp down an alka seltzer before filling their tum tums with a full English brekky before the coach to Carra......A quick kickabout before the game, then tear us to pieces before flying victorious back to Mad-chester.....

Runs a tight ship does Pep.....We should take a leaf out of his book....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

I would agree with others that given Man City's preference to play nice, possession football it might be a good match for Wee Billy in the middle. He'll likely have more time to operate as the ball distributer compared to other matchups where he gets pressed and easily overwhelmed?

My preference would still be the PLM-Normann duo in the middle. Push the latter to make it to the 60' mark and see what happens.

I can see your thinking about Billy G but Man City do press really hard too, they are one of the hardest working teams in the league.

21 hours ago, SwearyCanary said:

Smith sees every game as 3 potential points. I see Man City and Liverpool as one point if there’s a miracle. Bearing in mind Farke would’ve been widely criticised for being ‘naive’ and going for a win (and losing 7-0), should we be trying to park the bus?
Felt a bit like that’s what we did vs Palace and nibble whatever chances we get. Can’t see us having any possession vs these two. 
Essentially I want to see dogged performance, but accept that means we are not going for 3 points like smith said and also accept that it’ll be horrible to watch us try that and still get battered. 

looking forward to it mind. 

sweary 

We didn’t go for a win against them in the 5-0 defeat earlier in the season, If that was Farke “going for the win” then someone needs to tell him you need to leave your own half to do that 

Great Expectations  2-1 Norwich-city. 

Idah and Pukki.          ---        Silva.

Grealish sent off after 2nd yellow card for simulation.  He hugs Deano as he heads off down the tunnel.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

We didn’t go for a win against them in the 5-0 defeat earlier in the season, If that was Farke “going for the win” then someone needs to tell him you need to leave your own half to do that 

Did we go for a win against them the last time we played them at Carrow Road when Farke was manager? 

I know I'm embarrassing myself but I've got a strangely optimistic feeling about this one. Battling 1-1 (Hopefully)..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Did we go for a win against them the last time we played them at Carrow Road when Farke was manager? 

The op never stated a home or away situation

15 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Man City have just landed at Norwich Airport.....Due to the importance of the game and the threat that we'll pose to them, they'll probably just throw their bags on their hotel beds an' all be down Prince of Wales Road on the lash tonight - followed by a mixed kebab an' chips as they'll deffo have the munchies at around 3 am..... 

With it being an evening kick off tomorrow they'll have a nice lie in (especially Jack Grealish).....Up at 2pm pop a few paracetamol and maybe gulp down an alka seltzer before filling their tum tums with a full English brekky before the coach to Carra......A quick kickabout before the game, then tear us to pieces before flying victorious back to Mad-chester.....

Runs a tight ship does Pep.....We should take a leaf out of his book....

When was the last time you went out in Norwich fella?! PoW is no longer what it was, it’s now lonely kebab shops with shut down night clubs soon to be renovated into flats and the road pedestrianised… though I have spotted a new Irish bar which looks good craic 😁

But I no longer have abject fear when walking up it on a Thurs-Sat evening. It’s probably a good thing! 

10 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Yes we did. But sadly that iteration of Norwich City in the PL died after Project Restart in March 2020 and never looked close to coming back. The more recent performances against the top sides under Farke were nothing short of pathetic, I can’t say I saw any desire to win - we would barely make it into the opposition’s half!

29 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

When was the last time you went out in Norwich fella?! PoW is no longer what it was, it’s now lonely kebab shops with shut down night clubs soon to be renovated into flats and the road pedestrianised… though I have spotted a new Irish bar which looks good craic 😁

But I no longer have abject fear when walking up it on a Thurs-Sat evening. It’s probably a good thing! 

Have to say Norwich is becoming a bit of a **** hole, PoW in particular.

It's getting the investment with the work being done but the road works and empty shops makes it a place I try to avoid as much as possible for my mental health as much as anything.

• Thanks 1