mastoola

What is wrong with Pukki??

Last year he would of buried that chance at around 10 mins.  Last year he would of had a hatrick with the chances tonight. Would of been a Different game.

Edited by mastoola

5 minutes ago, mastoola said:

Last year he would of buried that chance at around 10 mins.  Last year he would of had a hatrick with the chances tonight. Would of been a Different game.

What a stupid post.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, City 101 said:

Not really Premiership standard and should of been upgraded in the summer .

Upgrade another 8 players then. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

Agree about our lack of competitiveness in the engine room for 60-70 of the 90 this evening.

Before you start criticising Pukki, think of the creek we'll be up if he gets crocked. I don't think opposition coaches will be quaking in their boots if faced with Idah & Sargent with no further back-up. He worked hard all night, gave them something to think about and he rattled the onion bag. No complaints from me.

How many times have we seen threads like this? And how many times has he shown that he is head and shoulders above what we could realistically expect to get for what we pay?

When he’s gone we will miss him massively. He is a true NCFC legend and this sort of stuff is disrespectful.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

He's as good as we can afford, and better at what he does than most of the other players at what they do. I agree with Midlands - it's the midfield where we are way below Premiership standard. I'm not sure if that's the relative quality of the players we have there, or if it's the lack of someone playing the Skipp role, or whether it's simply that McLean and Lees-Melou don't work well as a pairing.

Meanwhile Zaha curls in a beauty from 20 yards, and hits an absolutely abysmal penalty.

There's not many strikers who take every chance they get, but Pukki does a pretty good job considering he is feeding off scraps.

• Like 6

That goal was a stunner to be fair. Can't complain much about that.

That penalty though - seen better connections even on the bobble bath pitches at Blackrod or Moss Bank!

I was surprised Rashica passed it - and maybe Pukki was too - Rashica was in the box position to score with that chance and most strikers would have shot from where he was. Putting it across the box like he did, was not ideal as it lost valuable milliseconds in the attack which was just enough to put too much pressure on Pukki to score.  Could Pukki have done better? Yes, of course, but really, he had to hit it first time and that is not always easy to do, unless the pass is absolutely perfect. Rashica had the ball under control and in that situation should have gone for it himself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've watched Neal Maupay a few times this season for Brighton and he's really similar to Pukki in his style of play.

I think they are a similar standard as well.

Maupey works hard, misses chances, will fluff an easy chance, but then just pop up and score a half chance out of nowhere.

Cost them £20m and that was a few years back, probably £25m now with inflation.

7 in 20 this season for Brighton, no more prolific than Pukki. A decent return that, although was only 8 all season last year and only 10 all season the year before that.

I'd swap them obviously because Pukki has 1 or 2 years left at this standard and Maupey has 6 or 7, but all £20m got Brighton was a younger version of Pukki, and if we stayed up and spent £20m on a striker I really don't think we could groan if what we find we have is a younger version of Pukki.

We do need a Pukki successor, but I think we'd have to be very lucky to get a Pukki upgrade.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mastoola said:

OK it's you mastoola. Tell me did you take your wife to the game? 

3 minutes ago, Mengo said:

OK it's you mastoola. Tell me did you take your wife to the game? 

Oh man!!   im so sorry but my 13yr old daughter was doing a dress rehearsal playing lead guitar at her schools rendition of grease the musical tonight so no the rest of the band were teachers   I had to wait in and cook for her when she got back.  btw check her out   Jenjen

Edited by mastoola

Just now, mastoola said:

Oh man!!   im so sorry but my 13yr old daughter was doing a dress rehearsal playing lead guitar at her schools rendition of grease the musical tonight so no   i had to wait in and cook for her when she got back

You Fu**ing moron mastoola 😃after what you told us last night. It was a no brainer she had to be there at whatever cost. Its your fault then🙃

5 minutes ago, mastoola said:

I know!!!!!    should of sent my wife!!!     

Yeah,we might of wun 😃

I think Pukki is the most natural striker ive seen at the 

14 minutes ago, Mengo said:

You Fu**ing moron mastoola 😃after what you told us last night. It was a no brainer she had to be there at whatever cost. Its your fault then🙃

overdrive blues - YouTube   12 yrs old

Yes, Pukki missed a sitter. Yes this could’ve put us firmly in the driving seat. But that’s not how the ebb and flow of a season goes. No guarantees we win from there either. Palace missed the easiest chance of the day, it’s swings and roundabouts. Arguably we ‘should’ have beaten Brighton when Josh S missed an open goal, picked up points v Utd and a win v Newcastle, etc etc. 

Ultimately we didn’t, Pukki missed but he is still our best chance for goals this season and probably scores 25+ in the championship next year. Without Emi he was always going to have less chances, and Smith long ball/directness suits him less imo. This means he is not worse but he is less able to show it in a different system 

that’s me. 

Sweary

Pukki should have hit it first time. That missed opportunity and the inability of Smith to not bring on an extra midfielder at half time cost us 2 points. Positives -  well defended from the entire team.

• Like 1

So frustrating watching Hughes get almost ever pass right, simple, direct, effective. 

3 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

He scored and was there for just about our only other chance. Take a look at the midfield for where we failed tonight. 

I agree Teemu did his job today by scoring, but Idah led the line better, and with one up front Idah suits our 4 5 1 formation better.

it is so annoying watching our midfield struggle. Kenny has a great character, and works very hard, but he overhits passes too often, loss key challenges, and makes poor decisions a couple of times per game.  PLM is marginally better.  If we want to stay up our central midfielders need to be better players (this does not mean I dislike or disrespect any of our own players) .

33 minutes ago, corbs said:

So frustrating watching Hughes get almost ever pass right, simple, direct, effective. 

He was really annoying, appeared to ref the game, and frustratingly completely in our price range.

3 hours ago, City 101 said:

Not really Premiership standard and should of been upgraded in the summer .

Nurse!