Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v C. Palace (PL) ****

May be an image of 1 person and text
May be an image of map and text that says "GLOBAL KICK-OFF NORWICH CITYV CRYSTALPALACE Toronto 14:45 Helsinki 21:45 Norwich 19:45 Berlin 20:45 Tampa Bay 14:45 Los Angeles 11:45 Beijing 03:45 Pristina 20:45 Abu Dhabi 23:45 Athens 21:45 Rio De Janeiro 16:45 Seoul 04:45 Hong Kong 03:45 Bangkok 02:45 Nairobi 22:45 TAMPA BAY FLORIDA Buenos Aires 16:45 Sydney 06:45"
image.thumb.png.57562d77bc02ad6a02ebedd1693934bb.png

Videos:

Articles:
Looks like the BBC have returned to normal and have their usual pre-game article.
The pink'Un continues it's long history in being the number one source of presser articles for our games.
And lastly, the club has it's pre-game piece on canaries.co.uk which is back with Dean Smith.

Ins, Outs, Shake it all abouts... 
Norwich: Sargent and Kabak remain out with illness. Omobamidele back in training but Palace too soon for him. Rupp is back and fit and available for selection. Krul remains out injured.
Palace: Kouyate still absent after playing for Senegal in their African cup of Nations victory. McArthur and Tomkins back in training and available for selection again.

A little bit of knowledge...
Palace played their home games in the grounds of Crystal Palace until 1914 which lead to their earlier nicknames being the "Glaziers" and the "Crystals" before eventually adopting the nickname they are more widely known for today, the "Eagles, in the 1970's. They are the only team to have been relegated after finishing fourth from bottom of the Premier League which occurred at the end of the 94/95 season when the league was cut from 22 members to 20. 

Rays Funds for the CSF
@Nutty Nigel has the thread up and running again this week - please go join in / enjoy the fun for a good cause.

A little something extra...
May be an image of 1 person and text that says "Jusme D Ng lance HAPPY BIRTHDAY Marco Stiepermann"May be an image of 1 person and text that says "BIRTHDAY 1 STATZONE ERMANN MARCO 18STIEPERMANN STIEP errea dafabet 119 26 COMMUNITY PARTNER APPEARANCES ThHot Tub SwimSpaCente GOALS AND ASSISTS thehottubcentre.co.uk"

And another article about youngster Saxon Earley who has signed a new contract with the club.
image.png.ac9491500c7dcaf9818200e5ae45bd95.png

Edited by chicken
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6

You having a quiet day Chicken? You've gone early, but excellent as always. 

#respect 

3 hours ago, Greavsy said:

You having a quiet day Chicken? You've gone early, but excellent as always. 

#respect 

Mid-week fixture... not much time to get home, chow down on something to eat then go again... so figured people would prefer to have this up and ready to go at lunchtime, to read on the way rather than waiting for it to appear. 🙂 Especially those who will have the best part of an hours travel to get to the game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chicken said:

Mid-week fixture... not much time to get home, chow down on something to eat then go again... so figured people would prefer to have this up and ready to go at lunchtime, to read on the way rather than waiting for it to appear. 🙂 Especially those who will have the best part of an hours travel to get to the game.

Fair comment - much respect. 

• Like 1

Belting work as ever, @chicken. Will be playing fives then hitting the gym tonight as a long run is needed for preparations in the Spreewald at the back end of April.

OTBC.

Let's keep believing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Heres hoping for a Wolves repeat

I am looking for continual improvement rather than a plateau at this time. First half against Wolves wasn't up to much.

Good work @chicken!

Now about to head into the City. Anyone tell me the last time Norwich won 3 Premier League matches in a row? 😄 

25 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I am looking for continual improvement rather than a plateau at this time. First half against Wolves wasn't up to much.

Would much rather take a boring but solid 1-0 win than a nervy and crazy 4-3 win

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Would much rather take a boring but solid 1-0 win than a nervy and crazy 4-3 win

That wasn't what I meant.

12 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Good work @chicken!

Now about to head into the City. Anyone tell me the last time Norwich won 3 Premier League matches in a row? 😄 

I remember we won 5 in a row in 1992/93.

I repeat. FIVE.

And you tell the youth of today and they don't believe you.

Really nervous and I've got a bad feeling about this one with Palace being a bit of a bogey team for us. Is Zaha fit? That could be the difference today, he always tears us to pieces so hopefully he's still out, would be just our luck if he's back for this game. 

I see this as the same type of game as Watford. We can do this, we are at home, on a good run and have players returning. OTBC 

Good that midfield is ropey. Fear we are going to get overrun in the middle. Not the team I would have gone for or was hoping for. 

Just now, Jim Smith said:

God that midfield is ropey. Fear we are going to get overrun in the middle. Not the team I would have gone for or was hoping for. 

1 minute ago, If wed kept Howie.. said:

isn't that the same "ropey" midfield that has done well lately?

One and the same.

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

4-4- ****ing 2.

Must not lose.

Head says no, head also says recently worked and heart goes yeah! fking 442 get at them old rope and glory!

Just now, Jim Smith said:

Good that midfield is ropey. Fear we are going to get overrun in the middle. Not the team I would have gone for or was hoping for. 

Assume the game has come to soon for Normann. Given that, think it's a reasonable team: guess Smith is going for a solid back six and intending to get the ball forward quickly to Teemu and Adam.

I'd have picked Rashica on the right and Dimi in front of Williams, but given DS was never going to do that, I'm pretty happy with that team.

4 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Zaha back for Palace in the starting 11.

Hoorah.

Shows a commitment to the 4-2-4. Sargent had been considered a bit of a no hoper but bagged a brace last game, can Placheta fill those boots?!