Sign in to follow this  
morty

Dean Ashton - The reality

Watched the West Ham game last night and realised on major point about the man, how very good he is when HE CAN BE BOTHERED! I have no doubt about his talents but, in my opinion, he just couldn''t be arsed for his last month or 2 here and showed a very selfish and sometimes sulky side that wasn''t pleasant.

I think we''re better off with out a sulky non comitted player, who has crap hair too!!

[quote user="morty"]

Watched the West Ham game last night and realised on major point about the man, how very good he is when HE CAN BE BOTHERED! I have no doubt about his talents but, in my opinion, he just couldn''t be arsed for his last month or 2 here and showed a very selfish and sometimes sulky side that wasn''t pleasant.

I think we''re better off with out a sulky non comitted player, who has crap hair too!!

[/quote] Well said i felt exactly the same he his busting a gut to impress his new team.I  never felt he tried his heart out for us we was just that stepping stone for his big ego and his big head.All the crap he came outwith about wanting to be with norwich was just crap.I wish him all the worst. 

I don''t believe I''m reading this...

Did you ever actually watch him play for Norwich? Did you, perhaps, see

the service he was getting this season? Truly shocking - his goals have

stopped this season being a relegation fight, and his goals last season

gave us a chance on the final day of the season.

Dean Ashton is no villain. Hang your heads in shame...

This young man, who obviously has talent when its both serviced and nourished, probably spent 10% of his career in an environment that most players with that potential wish they had not. If I were his father I would have been strongly encouraging him to make the move rather than risk dragging down both his value and potential. His act was fine before he arrived at Norwich....we are the ones who can''t get our act together.

[quote user="morty"]

He just couldn''t be arsed for his last month or 2 here

[/quote]

Perhaps he would have been arsed if someone had bothered to pass the ball to him every now and again. Just wait until Earnshaw has sussed out the situation, he won''t be arsed either after a few games when he realises the ability of the muppets who are supposed to give him the ball.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I don''t believe I''m reading this...

Did you ever actually watch him play for Norwich? Did you, perhaps, see the service he was getting this season? Truly shocking - his goals have stopped this season being a relegation fight, and his goals last season gave us a chance on the final day of the season.

Dean Ashton is no villain. Hang your heads in shame...

[/quote]

Of course Ashton is no villain, but nor he is he the footballing God that some will have you believe - for me somewhere inbetween is much closer to the mark.  He was and is a good player, but really did not look as if he could be bothered most of this season; his current little run shows me three things - that he can take tap-ins when they come along (both were chances my Mum would have taken), that when he tries he does look the part, and that a side playing well, with good players, creates chances.  Nothing here is news to anyone, surely?!!

Only seen him play twice this year at Stoke and Crewe. Stoke game he was not great, but then no one else was! Crewe game he covered the pitch trying to win the ball, sometimes too much so. Still he showed heart that day and perhaps being back at his old club made the difference?

Whatever people think, he is a quality player, not England standard and if we had bought him at the start of 2004, then we might well have stayed up in the promise land. Alas we will never know how good he could have been for us!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

that he can take tap-ins when they come along (both were chances my Mum would have taken[/quote]

Isn''t that what strikers are for ?

UNBELIEVABLE.  I watched the West Ham match and I loved watching

Ashton play.  He''s just playing for a team that is GOOD.

He got ZERO service at Norwich.  If he did, he would not have left

and we would not be in the predicament we are in today.  It''s

ironic that we have bought a striker who needs even MORE service than

Ashton.

Ashton was a short-lived player for us but he gave us 100%.  His behavior is without reproach.

He''s an excellent player and a future full England international. 

Stop this madness.  Where is our Ian Crook?  Where is our

Martin O''Neill?  Where is our Andy Townsend?  Where are our

creative midfielders?  WE HAVE NONE AND THAT IS THE MAIN

PROBLEM.  No service to Ash?  He left and will knock in the

goals in front of the likes of Benayoun, Reo-Coker and Etherington.

[quote user="Making Plans"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

that he can take tap-ins when they come along (both were chances my Mum would have taken[/quote]

Isn''t that what strikers are for ?

[/quote]

...of course, you could have read my post and come up with a sensible riposte/comment - but why do that when you can take me out of context and make me look daft? Muppet.

I watched him the other night for West Ham, and wanted him to do well, I was chuffed when he scored and I hope he is happy there. Good luck to him & I can''t blame him for leaving.

I also wish him well and thank him for what he done whilst he was here.I also think that whilst he was here he had a headache most of the time from the service he was getting, would he have suffered a fractured sinus if the ball had been played to feet - doubt it. Lets not forget he was brought up at Crewe where they play there football on the ground passing to feet. In the words of Brian Clough if football was meant to be played in the air they would have put grass up there a afct lost on H Wilkinson and many of those that trained under him.