Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Newcastle V Everton

3 minutes ago, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

Is everyone still convinced there is now way Everton will be in the relegation fight???

Let's say Newcastle have spent their way to safety ... still Burnley, Watford, Brentford who have a very real chance of finishing below us and Everton and Leeds not far off.

Everyone can't comprehend the idea of clubs like Everton going down..but I think it's possible. Especially when they become FrankLampardsEverton.

Edited by graz

Just now, NorthCarolinaYellow said:

This makes me feel dirty

Tis ok to be dirty just don't slap yer cat.

Everton definitely in the mix. Without Godfrey and now Mina injured, they were already looking leaky at the back. 

Gray off injured as well and Alli looks way off the pace - they're going to be in trouble. 

46 minutes ago, Satriales said:

I've not seen it but Neil Lennon on Five Live convinced Shelvey should have had a red. At least let the on pitch ref look at the monitor.

Was watching live and it was a very clear straight red, Shelvey very lucky to stay on. Overall Newcastle look on fire, Saint Maximan and Tripier ripped a sorry looking Everton apart. Newcastle will fly now and finish in top half, Everton in big trouble 

44 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Even going into this season before we knew how we'd do it looked really tough to me, even the weaker teams have some exceptional players.

Fighting out a relegation battle against a super rich Newcastle team with Saint-Maximin, a Hodgson managed Watford, a battle hardened Burnley and an Everton team with players like Richarlison is a very difficult place to be in. I've got this annoying, nagging feeling that we're going to put up a really brave fight but still end up going down due to the strength of the opposition

True but they are aren't ALL going to stay up are they? If so then who the hell is going down? Know what you mean though. As another poster said, Everton now have some serious injury problems.  

Very surprised by their line-up (and also pleased we avoided Lampard being here). Everton fans have been crying for Coleman to be replaced for two years now, Saint-Max destroyed Coleman + every other player in a blue shirt. They are in real trouble. 

It’s basically Us, Burnley, Watford, Brentford, Everton and Leeds , we need to win tomorrow night to close the gap immediately above us and drag these teams into it

I’d have preferred a draw but a Newcastle win was far better than an Everton one - it keeps them right in the mix and we can pull level with them tomorrow.  We just need to do our job.  
Watford we’re a little unlucky, it was a big old deflection on the goal; Man U are a poor shadow of the side they were but should still have buried Burnley (who have still only had one win - astonishing!).

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 4

Better a Newcastle win than Everton, but that's a huge point for Burnley. 

Watford are down no need to worry about them.

Simply must not lose tomorrow now and tbh it's probably a must win.

More a must not lose tomorrow than a must win, however a win eases the pressure on those 2 games to come afterwards. 

16 minutes ago, Yellowhammer said:

That’s what money buys 

Well if that's what Everton have got for their £500 million I think I'd rather do without. 

• Like 1

I can see Everton being easier to catch than Newcastle so that result isn’t a disaster. I still don’t see Burnley getting much, Man U are terrible at the moment - more disappointed we didn’t get a point against them as well. 

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

More a must not lose tomorrow than a must win, however a win eases the pressure on those 2 games to come afterwards. 

More a must win tomorrow. If not we are still down there. We need to stay ahead of the bottom three 

10 minutes ago, mastoola said:

More a must win tomorrow. If not we are still down there. We need to stay ahead of the bottom three 

Big ask against a team we never beat 

On the latest showing from both teams, if we played ManU right now, I'd fancy our chances. What a shower of s**t. Newcastle we should have beaten squarely, and probably now won't get more than a point from them, barring injuries/illness, suspensions, etc.

I know our position on the table is deceiving (more accurate is we're 2nd from bottom, above Watford by 1point) but, beat Palace tomorrow, and I bet we'll stay up! Otbc 

Way too early to see how new players settle in, but Everton look completely clueless at the moment. Whatever has happened to Gomez? He was awful against us and again tonight. Ali and van de Beek also hopeless. Townsend didn't fancy any of the 50/50s. Plus they have barely a fit defender. It might well be the year we see one of the PL stalwarts getting relegated.

It's a shame we play City and Liverpool after Palace as I suspect, looking at the fixtures, we could be cut adrift again.

3 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

Big ask against a team we never beat 

Ironic you say that but the first game i took my wife to was a win against palace   lol

1 minute ago, mastoola said:

Ironic you say that but the first game i took my wife to was a win against palace   lol

Make sure your there tomorrow with her then OK

👍😊

• Haha 4

Just now, Mengo said:

Make sure your there tomorrow with her then OK

👍😊

Im the wrong person!!   every year she and my kids buy me a Norwich shirt and everytime i wear it for the first time we loose.

4 minutes ago, mastoola said:

Can you take your wife again tomorrow please? I sense a theme here… 

1 minute ago, Danke bitte said:

Can you take your wife again tomorrow please? I sense a theme here… 

I can certainly take my wife again tomorrow     But you would not want it to be at a football game.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, mastoola said:

I can certainly take my wife again tomorrow     But you would not want it to be at a football game.

You have a dirty mind my friend. Im starting to see why there’s “Mast” in your username… 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Danke bitte said:

You have a dirty mind my friend. Im starting to see why there’s “Mast” in your username… 

the name is actually from hebrew

Edited by mastoola